LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
multi-interception game again.

starting to look like a trend.

I would like to see some picks on Tony Romo next week. Then we will know that the secondary is legit.
The pass rush was definitely better tonight, but they still have a long ways to go.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I will finally admit it, Sopoaga played like crap tonight. Inconsistent is a pretty good word to describe his play tonight. He got stood up, locked up and pushed back, I actually thought Khalif Mitchell took on double teams better than him.

Still support him though.

You would support anyone from the University of Hawaii.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
i just hope the D can produce as many turnovers in the reg season as they are in the preseason.

At least when the DBs get passes close enough to them, they catch it.

Then we would not have to worry so much on lack of pass rush.
Originally posted by ColoradoNiner:
Pass rush was still vanilla but they got some better pressure this game....

it's vanilla for a reason...

-9fA
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Clements was the only bad apple on defense tonight. And it was really only on 1 and a half plays. The half play is the penalty which was bad about getting burned, but good at having the heads up to commit the penalty.

Of course I thought that safety should have came over and covered the wr in the end zone on that td.

I'll give you one guess who was the safety on that play....

-9fA
He had a really good game. I am excited about this kid.

P.S. I still have no faith in our pass rush.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Except when he had to drop back in coverage. Good pick on his part, but he got burned a few times too.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Except when he had to drop back in coverage. Good pick on his part, but he got burned a few times too.

Your right there is still room for more work but damn he is usually where he is supposed to be at the LOS.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Your right there is still room for more work but damn he is usually where he is supposed to be at the LOS.

Yeah man I have seen a few of his college games, I liked the pick. I think he will be our next TED backer.

McKillop is probably the draft pick who i'm most excited about outside of Coffee. In both cases, we have the luxury of being able to bring them around slowly while at the same time, correcting their flaws.

Hopefully we'll be set in the middle for the next ten years.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 23, 2009 at 1:57 AM ]
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
did the people who are praising mckillop actually watch him? he is awful.. when people compare him to derek smith they werent kidding because he has been just as bad a tackler so far. hopefully it isn't a trend because god help me if i have to sit through derek smith again.

Mckillop had several key tackles and caused the fumble that R Smith recovered. Derek Smith led the D in tackles and had multiple 100 tackle seasons, until age and injuries caught up with him.

realy? i was at the game so i couldnt really tell who forced it. but so far the 2 main things that stand out to me from mckillop so far was an awful tackle attempt on a garcia scramble in this game this week and him getting absolutely destroyed by a stiff arm from a broncos back last week.

He is going to be a really good TED for us I would bet, he is still learning right now.
i think scott will be good for us. Guys, remember he is just a rookie. You expect sum mistake from rookies. , he just needs to work on tackling(which is what pre-season is for).
The D was stout against the run, and gave us a "decent pass rush". Besides that there was some very good plays, but I want to give Reggie Smith some props he deserves!!! He made some big plays the last two weeks, a couple which might have won us both games...
Except getting juked and passed by 40 year old Garcia
Share 49ersWebzone