LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

49ers sign Eric Green

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We need to upgrade the pass rush but I understand getting deeper at cb, there have always been injuries to our guys as the season goes on
Originally posted by RonMexico:
depth
Where does Green fit in at C.B?

Not over Clements

Not over Bly

Not over Brown

Not over Spencer

How many C.B.'s do the 9ers plan on keeping?

How many safties do the 9ers plan on keeping?
I think its a good move. We are thin at CB with all of the injuries and it is an important position to fill. Besides, the guy has a chip on his shoulder after being cut by AZ after playing well with them.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Unless Spencer is hurt, or Brown is simply not going to be able to go anytime soon, I can't see Green making the team.

Most NFL teams carry five CB's, and our 6th CB (emergency CB) is Rossum.

Here's the depth chart for this team:
Clements
Bly
Brown
Spencer
Hudson

Hudson is our number two stud special teamer (after Robinson), and he can play both CB and FS. I don't think he's going anywhere.

P.S. The team really seems to like Spencer, this move does not make any sense at all. I'm sure there is something we don't know at this point.

Coverage sacks, MadDog. If you can't find pass rushers in the FA, you could always improve your coverage in the secondary. IMO
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Unless Spencer is hurt, or Brown is simply not going to be able to go anytime soon, I can't see Green making the team.

Most NFL teams carry five CB's, and our 6th CB (emergency CB) is Rossum.

Here's the depth chart for this team:
Clements
Bly
Brown
Spencer
Hudson

Hudson is our number two stud special teamer (after Robinson), and he can play both CB and FS. I don't think he's going anywhere.

P.S. The team really seems to like Spencer, this move does not make any sense at all. I'm sure there is something we don't know at this point.

Coverage sacks, MadDog. If you can't find pass rushers in the FA, you could always improve your coverage in the secondary. IMO

I gotta agree this move makes no apparent sense unless Spencer and/or Brown are not back to full strength yet. Even so, Green seems to have lost it, so there's no guarantee he even makes the final roster.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigMar:

Not over Brown

Not over Spencer

how do you know this?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet they signed him to get arizona's schemes.
reasons for signing Green=
1. young depth
2. somewhat knows the Tards game plan having faced them during practice
3. has some decent experience now having played in the post season
4. help us from being picked apart by Fitz, Boldin, Houshyadaddy, Branch, Burleson, or even Avery for that matter note* Bulger shouldn't worry us to much*

So if we can win 4 or 5 division games that will put us over the hump and into the playoffs!!!!
Clements
Bly
Brown
Spencer
Green
Hudson

Originally posted by Dino:

Not over Brown

Not over Spencer

how do you know this?

If you have eye's.... and don't need glasses, watch the games, YOU should know this.
[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]

Not over Clements

Not over Bly

Not over Brown

Not over Spencer

How many C.B.'s do the 9ers plan on keeping?

How many safties do the 9ers plan on keeping?

Just because we signed him, doesen't mean he will make the team. As far as I know he got no signing bounes and if he did im sure it is very little. The fact we just needed another decent CB to get by in the pre-season, that Wood-Daniels kid just did not belong on the field and Lambert and Carlos Thomas are not much better. Now if Green plays great, he has an outside chance of making the team, he would probably have to beat out Marcus Hudson but even Hudson may not be a pure corner, I do think he is a solid corner and he can also play both safety spots and is a very good ST's player so I doubt/hope Green would not beat Hudson out.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Actually Word-Daniels looked like he has great potential. He is just raw.
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
Actually Word-Daniels looked like he has great potential. He is just raw.

What game were you watching?
Share 49ersWebzone