LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

NFL Network PreSeason Game Replay...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
...and get over the Noob s**t. has nothing to do with football knowledge.
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by rob28:
and one bad preaseason game doesnt change the fact that hill has been our only efficent qb. 7-3 as a starter, saved us from 2 win seasons the last 2 years.

7-3 against nobodies. His only win over a Winning team came against the Bucs and that's cuz they rested their starters in the second half.

please excuse the terrible typing.

Stop bringing up the " he played against nobodies" arguement. This is the NFL, and wins are hard to come by, no matter who you are and who you play. The only good teams I saw Smith beat was Denver in 2006 and Seattle twice. Hill beat the Jets last season and the Skins.... So that makes it Smith's 3 to Hill's 2....and Smith has played what.....22 more games?

Then Stop bringing up the 7-3. If he so good why is he in a QB Comp for the starting posistion. The Jets imploded by the time we played them and The Skins weren't going to the playoffs. But Smith Did beat a Denver team who was going to go the playoffs if they beat us and guess where they ended up?

Why is the 7-3 arguement invalid? It shows that he has won 70 percent of his games, as opposed to Smith's 11-21......Don't give a damn about who played who, cuz this is the NFL. And how can you say that the Skins games doesn't mean anything since they couldn't make it to the playoffs? You don't think those guys were trying to win the f**king game, the same way we were? You're really gonna base your arguement off of one game in 2006 in which Smith beat Denver, with his best play being a dump off to Moran Norris for a TD?

And the reason that Hill is in the competetion for the starting position is because Smith was a number 1 overall pick. Teams don't just give up on a player after 4 years, and neither have I, but I seriously doubt that he can be something in this league.

Dude just reread that. please. If the 7-3 argument is valid the so is the him playing against nobodies in those 7 wins. I love how we beat the Cardinals which he threw two picks and he should have been three. Oh wait we lost that game. Against the Broncos Smith also made a play to Taylor Jacobs for a key first down but let's blow that off too becasue according to you that whole game he only made one play. What about both Seattle games that year. Hill is in the competition because he has Not PROVING that he is better than Smith.

Your really gonna base your arguement on a QB who beats lousy teams???

"...who beats lousy teams???"

what a joke..... why are you other posters letting aacadena get to you....look at his post count....he is obviously a previous poster who got banned....but I wonder who it is....

anyway aacadena....tell me who these lousy teams were and what were the situations when we played them....were we also expected to win these games against these "lousy" teams....were we the favorites?.... how did these teams do the previous week before we played them....also what were the standings implications for these "lousy" teams when they played us.....you seem to know so much....let us know.

also these questions are not only for aacadena...anyone else can chime in......please do.

HAHAHA got banned?? AFRIKAN yeah dude. Lousy teams were 07 Bengals, 07 Bucs with the starters resting in the second half.
'08 Rams Twice. (we almost lost the second one in which we were favored)
'08 Bills (started off the year strong but died out by the time we played them not to mention JP Losman finished the game against us.)
'08 Jets (already imploding see week before we played them)
'08 Redskins (out of playoffs, last game of the season.)

Thats not exactly top notch competition. The Best defense he played against was the Redskins but what did they have to lose when they played us.

I didnt know Hill was tearing up the League agaisnt Top Defenses. Get real.

I dont know if your info is all correct, but i will say you get a few style points just for looking that s**t up.
Has anybody paid attention to Snyder. I know his camp has been good but what have you guys seen in the Preseason game. They said the Injury wasnt serious right?

I still haven't heard an official update on Snyder's injury which kind of makes me worried
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
and one bad preaseason game doesnt change the fact that hill has been our only efficent qb. 7-3 as a starter, saved us from 2 win seasons the last 2 years.

7-3 against nobodies. His only win over a Winning team came against the Bucs and that's cuz they rested their starters in the second half.

Stop bringing up the " he played against nobodies" arguement. This is the NFL, and wins are hard to come by, no matter who you are and who you play. The only good teams I saw Smith beat was Denver in 2006 and Seattle twice. Hill beat the Jets last season and the Skins.... So that makes it Smith's 3 to Hill's 2....and Smith has played what.....22 more games?

Then Stop bringing up the 7-3. If he so good why is he in a QB Comp for the starting posistion. The Jets imploded by the time we played them and The Skins weren't going to the playoffs. But Smith Did beat a Denver team who was going to go the playoffs if they beat us and guess where they ended up?

Why is the 7-3 arguement invalid? It shows that he has won 70 percent of his games, as opposed to Smith's 11-21......Don't give a damn about who played who, cuz this is the NFL. And how can you say that the Skins games doesn't mean anything since they couldn't make it to the playoffs? You don't think those guys were trying to win the f**king game, the same way we were? You're really gonna base your arguement off of one game in 2006 in which Smith beat Denver, with his best play being a dump off to Moran Norris for a TD?

And the reason that Hill is in the competetion for the starting position is because Smith was a number 1 overall pick. Teams don't just give up on a player after 4 years, and neither have I, but I seriously doubt that he can be something in this league.

Dude just reread that. please. If the 7-3 argument is valid the so is the him playing against nobodies in those 7 wins. I love how we beat the Cardinals which he threw two picks and he should have been three. Oh wait we lost that game. Against the Broncos Smith also made a play to Taylor Jacobs for a key first down but let's blow that off too becasue according to you that whole game he only made one play. What about both Seattle games that year. Hill is in the competition because he has Not PROVING that he is better than Smith.

what a joke..... why are you other posters letting aacadena get to you....look at his post count....he is obviously a previous poster who got banned....but I wonder who it is....

anyway aacadena....tell me who these lousy teams were and what were the situations when we played them....were we also expected to win these games against these "lousy" teams....were we the favorites?.... how did these teams do the previous week before we played them....also what were the standings implications for these "lousy" teams when they played us.....you seem to know so much....let us know.

also these questions are not only for aacadena...anyone else can chime in......please do.

HAHAHA got banned?? AFRIKAN yeah dude. Lousy teams were 07 Bengals, 07 Bucs with the starters resting in the second half.
'08 Bills (started off the year strong but died out by the time we played them not to mention JP Losman finished the game against us.)

Thats not exactly top notch competition. The Best defense he played against was the Redskins but what did they have to lose when they played us.

I dont know if your info is all correct, but i will say you get a few style points just for looking that s**t up.

Thanks, and let me just say that im going for which ever guy gets us into the playoffs. I do favor Smith because of the long term for the team but Hill, if he wins this thing will have my support completely.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Has anybody paid attention to Snyder. I know his camp has been good but what have you guys seen in the Preseason game. They said the Injury wasnt serious right?

I still haven't heard an official update on Snyder's injury which kind of makes me worried

I hope he will be Ok. I wanna see him against the Cowboys who have a beast in Ware.
Originally posted by valrod33:
i dont see how people are saying that Smith played like s**t, his recievers dropped 3 passes that should have been caught, the INT should have been caught and Bruce and Davis dropped 1 each on the first drive.

Im not saying Smith looked great but he didnt look as bad as everybody is saying either

He was missing open reads, running around a solid pocket, and inaccurate on that pick. He threw it into triple coverage as well.
I don't really like S. Hill either. He is more calm in the pocket and can get us some key first downs. But he is not going to lead us back from 21 points if that be the case. Our running game looks excellent along with our D. Lets just hope those two things can take us far. If it can't and we are tanking late season, we need to consider giving Nate Davis a chance.

If I had to choose it would be Hill because he is more comfortable in the pocket. A. Smith simply stops looking down field and will pull the ball down at a slight hint of a rush. He makes the pass rush look bad, not the other way around.

there are no gimmie games in the NFL first and foremost....but for your sake we'll talk about those Ram games later.......but for now

The Bills, Jets, Patriots, & Dolphins were all in a tight race during our games against the AFC east....

"'08 Bills (started off the year strong but died out by the time we played them not to mention JP Losman finished the game against us.)"

if by "died out" you mean put up 54 points on Chiefs the previous week....then yes.... I mean sure they were losing some games before that to their tough division rivals....but at the time they played us they were still in the playoff picture....and started building momentum after that Chiefs game..... we went to Buffalo...in cold weather....and won as a team....Shaun did his part, Isac Bruce made those DBs look silly, and our defense stepped up......nobody thought we would win that game....I was one of the few who felt we could...hell I even opened an account at the Bills forum just to let them know not to sleep on our team....

"'08 Jets (already imploding see week before we played them)"

yes they lost the game to the Broncos the previous week....but "already imploded"?
before that lost to the Broncos the Jets were on a 5 game winning streak....and were 7-1 in their previous 8 games.

in these games leading up to the Denver and 49ers game they..

in wk 12 the Titans were still undefeated (10-0) until the Jets Blew them out 34-17 at Tennessee.

in wk 11 they went into Foxborough and beat the Patriots

in wk 10 they blew out the Rams 47-3....yeah yeah the Rams haha...still put up 47pts though.

in wk 9 they beat Buffalo..

hell they even blew out the NFC Champions Arizona Cards 56-35 in that span of 8 games.

I wouldn't say the Jets were lousy .....Shaun Hill Totally outplayed future hall of famer Favra.....most did not expect us to win that game......but I did...I also created an account just to let the Jets fans know not to take the game lightly as well.

here is a link to my thread on their forum before the week of the game.
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184217

also the Redskins, while they were out of the playoffs....so were we..... they had one of the Best ranked defense that year.

Shaun Hill help beat teams we were not expected to beat that year....he won on the road... we were the first west coast team to win on the east coast that season and that was Week 13....and he is also 5-0 at home....he's pretty good.
Afrikan, are you claiming That the '08 Chiefs are a good team.

So what if the Bills scored 54 points on them, they still didnt make it to the playoffs?

Didn't the Jets thrash the Cardinals, But who made it to the Superbowl last year. Which team did Hill not take us to a victory on?

Get real man if you think Hill beat Quality teams why dont you hop across the Bay and be a fan of the raiders since your halfway there with your delusions.

He played well, yes, he helped us comeout with a 7-9 record. But that can be decieving based on who we played.

He's good, but not as great as you make him out to be. And once we face a team who takes away the short stuff, were f**ked.

I Quit with the QB talk becasue it does not mean anything So Good Luck to our Boys hopefully one will rise to the occasion and we shall see. later Brother
[ Edited by aacadena on Aug 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
man u smith fans love failing lol.

Lol exactly. I want either QB to succeed, but some people need to get real.

That NEVER gonna happen here

• fryet
  • Veteran
Looking at Alex Smith's last 10 healthy regular season games, he went 5-5. 7-3 still looks better, but the difference between the two is not as great as some posters are suggesting. What was most impressive was starting the season 2-1 with a bad offense. Everyone was saying that he was the reason why we won those 2, and not the reason why we lost to Pittsburgh.

To be honest, I can't claim to be 100% sold on Alex Smith as a QB, but the same is true for Hill. 7-3 and losing to the elite teams is probably the best that we can hope for with Hill. Hill plays very inconsistent in games. He can have a good quarter or 2, and really stink things up for the rest of the game. Fortunately, his best quarter does seem to be the 4th quarter.
Just wanted to tell anyone that wants to know when our next game against the boys will be replayed.

Sunday 4:00pm Est. NFL Network.

I am gonna have to avoid the computer Saturday night and Sunday morning so I can watch without knowing what happened.
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
Just wanted to tell anyone that wants to know when our next game against the boys will be replayed.

Sunday 4:00pm Est. NFL Network.

I am gonna have to avoid the computer Saturday night and Sunday morning so I can watch without knowing what happened.

I already have my DVR setup to record the game. My wife and I are flying to Milwauke WI this weekend to see our Nephew's wedding Saturday afternoon/night. He is a Marine and will be deploying to Afghanistan in Oct so it will be nice to see him before he gets shipped out.
Share 49ersWebzone