There are 242 users in the forums

NFL Network PreSeason Game Replay...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rob28:
blocking and tackling doesnt win you a starting qb job

No s**t. But Who looked better last night? Hill looked off, and he couldnt get us into the Endzone when he was at the 4 yard line. Smith gets us in from the 3 and "He holds the ball too long and threw a bad pass" but you know what, i would glady take 6 points over 3.
and one bad preaseason game doesnt change the fact that hill has been our only efficent qb. 7-3 as a starter, saved us from 2 win seasons the last 2 years.

7-3 against nobodies. His only win over a Winning team came against the Bucs and that's cuz they rested their starters in the second half.

please excuse the terrible typing.
[ Edited by aacadena on Aug 23, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
and one bad preaseason game doesnt change the fact that hill has been our only efficent qb. 7-3 as a starter, saved us from 2 win seasons the last 2 years.

Cool, but if he plays like he has in both preseason games (average), he won't be the starter very long.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
and hill has been the better qb the last 2 years thats fact.
and hill has been the better qb the last 2 years thats fact.

Compared to a cripple i would agree so too. Smith's been injured the last two years thats a fact.

I guess logic is not needed here.
I love how Coffee dives into the defender's chest at the end of each run. He knocks them back for an extra yard or two.

I can't wait to see how the O-line plays next week. The Raider's D is pretty weak against the run, so it'll be interesting to see if they can continue to open up these huge holes for the RBs.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
7-3 against nobodies? lol this is the nfl, what has smith done, 31 interceptions and a losing record lmao!
Originally posted by aacadena:

7-3 against nobodies. His only win over a Winning team came against the Bucs and that's cuz they rested their starters in the second half.

Stop bringing up the " he played against nobodies" arguement. This is the NFL, and wins are hard to come by, no matter who you are and who you play. The only good teams I saw Smith beat was Denver in 2006 and Seattle twice. Hill beat the Jets last season and the Skins.... So that makes it Smith's 3 to Hill's 2....and Smith has played what.....22 more games?
  • rob28
  • Veteran
man u smith fans love failing lol.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by aacadena:

Stop bringing up the " he played against nobodies" arguement. This is the NFL, and wins are hard to come by, no matter who you are and who you play. The only good teams I saw Smith beat was Denver in 2006 and Seattle twice. Hill beat the Jets last season and the Skins.... So that makes it Smith's 3 to Hill's 2....and Smith has played what.....22 more games?

Then Stop bringing up the 7-3. If he so good why is he in a QB Comp for the starting posistion. The Jets imploded by the time we played them and The Skins weren't going to the playoffs. But Smith Did beat a Denver team who was going to go the playoffs if they beat us and guess where they ended up?

Lol exactly. I want either QB to succeed, but some people need to get real.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Lol exactly. I want either QB to succeed, but some people need to get real.

Yes we love to fail. That's exactly what your boy did last night when he had a chance to grab the starting position but failed. BADLY.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
and thats what smith has done the last 5 years, fail lol
Hill has proven to be a solid game manager. He plays similar to Pennington. He's not going to beat you with the deep ball, but he's accurate underneath and makes great decision. Hill's decision-making is far superior to Smith's, at this point in his career.

Smith has the physical tools, but he's always failed to translate them to the field on Sundays. He's been given every opportunity to prove he's capable of leading this team, yet he continually fails/unable to take advantage of it.

I just hope that the team hurries and gives Hill their support, putting this "competition" to rest. Everyone knows that the job is Hill's to lose, yet they say it's an even race because they want to protect Alex's feelings and allow him to feel like he genuinely has a chance. The sooner we declare Hill the starter, the better the team will be. Every opportunity that Smith receives with the 1st-team offense is one less snap Hill receives, which we can't really afford, IMO.
Just throwing this out, but Smith had first and goal from the 3 in the Broncos game and scored a TD.

Hill had first and goal from the 4 and could only get a FG.
Share 49ersWebzone