There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Little More of the Same............

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by singfan:
Sorry to say folks but it is what it is.... More of the same. You can say it was only the first preseason game blaaaa blaaa... But we can't even get the basics right... Like pass protecting, rushing the passer, WR's getting separation... We did nothing in the draft to shore up our most pressing needs. Pass rush and pass protection... It looks ECACTLY the same. I'm sure you folks were saying the same thing last year after the first preseason game to....

What you have to understand is that we didn't need anything else but Sing. Sing is the reason for the season. Sing is why we strap on our Niner gear and walk around everyday. Sing is why we exist.

Are you serious or are you being smugg??

Dude, I'm singfan.
Sorry to say folks but it is what it is.... More of the same. You can say it was only the first preseason game blaaaa blaaa... But we can't even get the basics right... Like pass protecting, rushing the passer, WR's getting separation... We did nothing in the draft to shore up our most pressing needs. Pass rush and pass protection... It looks ECACTLY the same. I'm sure you folks were saying the same thing last year after the first preseason game to....

What you have to understand is that we didn't need anything else but Sing. Sing is the reason for the season. Sing is why we strap on our Niner gear and walk around everyday. Sing is why we exist.

Dude, I'm an idiot.
How the hell can you only count one of the interceptions? What a bunch of freaking defeatists, you guys go ahead and give up on the season after one preseason game. I stick with my team through thick and thin, and if you cannot see that we are a better team than last year, you are seriously lacking in perception and most likely reasoning. Have fun now... bye bye then.
Not upgrading the pass rush will be the biggest regret this season.
The offense and o-line looked like you could expect in a 1st preseason game. The problem would be if you don't see some steady improvement in each game as we approach the season.

BUT, the defense looked more problematic - particularly the lack of pressure on the QB. The pocket was NOT collapsing on Orton -- our outside pressure was often completely stymied at the line of scrimmage. This has to be a major concern.

If this proves to be a problem again this season, the fault lies squarely at the feet of Scotty McCloughan for failing to address this position for 5 YEARS! I don't know how you could give McCloughan any credit for being a decent "GM" if he can't fix a teams main problems -- the lack of premiere players at ANY of the following possessions -- pash rush, DL, OL, receiver, and QB.

Dude, I'm an troll. Don't feed me.

fixed
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

fixed

Perfect!
Originally posted by backontop:

Dude, I'm an idiot.

. I think that you will find I'm rarely, if ever, incorrect about things.
Yes, it is preseason, way too early to really know.

But, the weaknesses we saw were a continuation of last year' problems and so that is a trend.

Let's hope the trend-line goes up a bit next week.
singfan are u a 49er fan?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

How could you even ask that question? Do you see me representing some place that John Calipari couldn't wait to get out of? Do you see me representing a state that Michael Vick felt comfortable fleeing to? No, you don't. I just happen to have an enlightened perspective that many either can not handle, or do not understand. You must trust me. To do differently would mean that 5 months from now you will have to log on here, hide from me, and then attempt to pass my thoughts of today as yours of tomorrow. I shall save you the anxious anticipation/dread that you will undoubtedly experience when in the near future you type the following words, "Hire Shanahan."

Haters hate. I'm a problem solver.
[ Edited by singfan on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:23 PM ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

fixed

A lonely troll. We were two, now we are one.
pplease stat hill
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for erndoogie46.
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I love all of the tools on here saying Alex was terrible. 5-7 69% and a TD. He should have had at least 4 or 5 TD passes. All QBs looked pretty good, even better if you consider our O-line. Open your eyes people, and try to get some use of what little bit is in your head......Yeah its A Little More of the Same, from the fans.

What he said! 5-7 + a TD pass = Terrible? Wow!!?!!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

How could you even ask that question? Do you see me representing some place that John Calipari couldn't wait to get out of? Do you see me representing a state that Michael Vick felt comfortable fleeing to? No, you don't. I just happen to have an enlightened perspective that many either can not handle, or do not understand. You must trust me. To do differently would mean that 5 months from now you will have to log on here, hide from me, and then attempt to pass my thoughts of today as yours of tomorrow. I shall save you the anxious anticipation/dread that you will undoubtedly experience when in the near future you type the following words, "Hire Shanahan."

Haters hate. I'm a problem solver.

Hello lvtent