LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

A Little More of the Same............

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Carney16:
Originally posted by rob28:
after we go 6-10 this year we need to get mike holmgren and shanahan and go back to the good ol days. they can turn this franchise around from its current pathetic state.

Shut up how can u say our current state is pathetic? Sing's putting us in the direction we need to be in and within two years if not this year the division will be ours for many years to come.

I second Carney16! ......... Rob28 ..... if you are, in fact, a 49er fan, you should try enjoying the process that is, becoming a good team again. It won't happen overnight, but, from the things I have been reading, the players are sold on Mike Singletary, as well as, trying to re-create the Jerry Rice/Roger Craig mentality of working harder than is expected. Give it a little time. I am optimistic about the direction this team is going!
This post is on point. We are fielding the exact same team as last year folks. And guess what?? We wern't very good last season. We suck at developing our players so i doubt anyone will really have a break out season..
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
This post is on point. We are fielding the exact same team as last year folks. And guess what?? We wern't very good last season. We suck at developing our players so i doubt anyone will really have a break out season..

One minor difference: O ' Charity is no longer with us.
Let's face it, we would have been better off this year with Nolan and Martz. This may be an even bigger disaster than I have previously predicted. This offense is boring. This offense is predictable. This offense wouldn't be considered sophisticated in Pop Warner. It's only here because I believe it's the only thing our "motivator" can understand. Simplicity is an overstatement. Brutal.

Until McClownan and the motivator are shown the door, we will suck. We are going to suck in epic proportions. I drew several comparisons between us and the 2008 Detroit Lions in a brilliant post a few months back; let me now toss another one out there. The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. We are almost there. Also, does Sing do anything on the sidelines other than write in that damn book? What the heck is he writing? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's highly motivational, but lacking in common sense and reality. 17 games until Shanahan.
  • 1stToFive
  • Info N/A
Nice Username there buddy...You are making these judgements based on what? You think we are going to come out and show our cards to the cards and give them plenty of film to look at for week one? What exactly would you like to see from our 49ers after a 7-9 season under a new coordinator in the PRESEASON?! Wow! I don't understand people like you I am going to haunt you all season. You've obviously never played organized football a day in your hatin' life.
Originally posted by singfan:
Let's face it, we would have been better off this year with Nolan and Martz. This may be an even bigger disaster than I have previously predicted. This offense is boring. This offense is predictable. This offense wouldn't be considered sophisticated in Pop Warner. It's only here because I believe it's the only thing our "motivator" can understand. Simplicity is an overstatement. Brutal.

Until McClownan and the motivator are shown the door, we will suck. We are going to suck in epic proportions. I drew several comparisons between us and the 2008 Detroit Lions in a brilliant post a few months back; let me now toss another one out there. The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. We are almost there. Also, does Sing do anything on the sidelines other than write in that damn book? What the heck is he writing? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's highly motivational, but lacking in common sense and reality. 17 games until Shanahan.

Originally posted by 1stToFive:
Nice Username there buddy...You are making these judgements based on what? You think we are going to come out and show our cards to the cards and give them plenty of film to look at for week one? What exactly would you like to see from our 49ers after a 7-9 season under a new coordinator in the PRESEASON?! Wow! I don't understand people like you I am going to haunt you all season. You've obviously never played organized football a day in your hatin' life.

The 2008 Detroit Lions were also coming off a 7-9 season. They had also fired Mike Martz and replaced him with a guy that would honor their head motivators desire to establish more of a running game. So, Mr. 11 post Vet, I have a question for you; does this situation sound familiar to you?
  • rob28
  • Veteran
erndoogie do you still feel the same as your post back on aug 18th? lol
  • rob28
  • Veteran
hey singfan, then detroit went on to a 4-0 record in the preaseason, followed by the 0-16 season. and guess what? the niners are 3-0 in preseason play
[ Edited by rob28 on Aug 30, 2009 at 10:07 AM ]
hey singfan, then detroit went on to a 4-0 record in the preaseason, followed by the 0-16 season. and guess what? the niners are 3-0 in preseason play

Did you also know that Moran Norris was signed by the 2008 Detroit Lions in their quest to establish a running game?
[ Edited by singfan on Aug 30, 2009 at 10:14 AM ]
  • 1stToFive
  • Info N/A
Are you serious?...What does any of that have to do with the 2009 49ers? And I was gone for a long while and lost username firsttofive so I had to change it. i don't sit around and post purposelessly unless I see something stupid resembling your bash of the 09 niners who haven't played a reg season game yet. What does my post number and status have to do with your ignorant rant of a post?
Originally posted by 1stToFive:

The 2008 Detroit Lions were also coming off a 7-9 season. They had also fired Mike Martz and replaced him with a guy that would honor their head motivators desire to establish more of a running game. So, Mr. 11 post Vet, I have a question for you; does this situation sound familiar to you?

• rob28
  • Veteran
wow singfan, even moran norris. its starting to get scary
  • 1stToFive
  • Info N/A
lol...i hope this is sarcasm
wow singfan, even moran norris. its starting to get scary

Sad but true. I still think 2010 is going to be the year that the 49ers break out.
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Sad but true. I still think 2010 is going to be the year that the 49ers break out.

We say that sh*t every year!!!! Next year, next year, next year
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

We say that sh*t every year!!!! Next year, next year, next year

We have to make real changes. The shuffling of job titles is not positive change. These guys (McCloughan, Sing) act as if they haven't been here for the last 4 years. It's absolutely comical. I heard Sing on 1140 AM in Sacramento this last Thursday and he was asked about the first thing he had to change we he got the job. He said the "culture." Now, how hysterical is that? He has to change the culture that he helped establish the previous four years. He is acting as if he just dropped in. He is acting as if Nolan used him for things other than "culture building." He is acting as if he had responsibilities other than pre-game speeches and making sure the "building smelled good." It's stunning and shocking. I again came away from listening to him feeling that he is certainly a different dude. Not different meaning "good", but different meaning, "WTF?"
[ Edited by singfan on Aug 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone