There are 200 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

Is this the first game O'Donnell has ever seen?
They are worse than terrible.

But when compared to other team's local announcers, amazingly, they're actually just average.
To be fair, the whole broadcast is local yokal. Long, long sideline interviews.

Down here in the Monterey area, we have to watch it in the worst standard definition possible and watch endless local commercials, repeated over and over and over....

Anyway, I think the announcers are forced to ad lib all the time, nothing is planned and there is not a lot of rehearsal. Even the best would flub that some.
Dennis ODonnell Constantly destroys player's names. Today he said Aaron Battle instead of Arnaz.
I would have agreed with the OP until watching tonights game with Darryl Johnston and that other retard doing commentary, not I would have to say they aren't as terrible as those two.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
Dennis ODonnell Constantly destroys player's names. Today he said Aaron Battle instead of Arnaz.

Tory Sheets.
Called mark roman, marcus hudson, and many other mistakes... These guys friggin suck and so does whats her face... kim coyle!!!!
Said Robinson was Bruce

how do u mess that up
Originally posted by Jack9er:
Worst broadcasters I've heard in a while. They argued about Michael Crabtree more than they called the game.

Boy you took the words right out of my mouth. I have a hard time watching their broadcast.
These guys are a joke. Somebody needs to buy them a pair of binoculars. Never have I heard so many muddled names.

-9fA
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
He has said Marcus Hudson was the starting FS last year two weeks in a row now.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
These guys are a joke. Somebody needs to buy them a pair of binoculars. Never have I heard so many muddled names.

-9fA

what is funny is that.....he really had a pair of binoculars too.... they must've gave the KPIX crew some horrible seats or something....because the camera crew f'd up and showed O'Donnell using his binoculars at one point....it was hilarious
  • Apone
  • Veteran
I concur Roger Mayweather and Floyd Sr would actually do a better job.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Said Robinson was Bruce

how do u mess that up

Did anyone catch when Dennis said punts were hitting the stadium? Instead of hitting the video score board. Our guys where off there game tonight. Pretty bad. The Dallas comentating wasn't all that either. I was getting alittle tired on how they were talking about Nate Davis and his learning disability.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Said Robinson was Bruce

how do u mess that up

Did anyone catch when Dennis said punts were hitting the stadium? Instead of hitting the video score board. Our guys where off there game tonight. Pretty bad. The Dallas comentating wasn't all that either. I was getting alittle tired on how they were talking about Nate Davis and his learning disability.

I caught quite a bit of the Cowboys broadcast.

They said that Davis is an inspiration.........

-9fA