There are 179 users in the forums

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Worst broadcasters I've heard in a while. They argued about Michael Crabtree more than they called the game.
[ Edited by Jack9er on Aug 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Davis was okay, but O'Donnell was pretty bad.

He thought Ronald Fields was Ray McDonald in the beginning.

It's pre-season for them as well. Let them work out the kinks of a long offseason.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah totally awful I hate listening to them. They make the games almost unwatchable. Davis is a little better then Keena Turner but Odonell is an idiot or at least he sounds like one.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Davis was okay, but O'Donnell was pretty bad.

He thought Ronald Fields was Ray McDonald in the beginning.

It's pre-season for them as well. Let them work out the kinks of a long offseason.

Yeah that was pretty bad so was Eric Davis praising Jahi Wood-Daniels while he was getting raped and looking like Darnell Walker.
Good thing they are limited to preseason games.
yeah they were pretty horrible
It's preseason broadcasting at it's finest. Who cares! We will only have to see them for 3 more games before the good stuff starts anyway.
Davis wasn't bad. I like how he explained which arm the CB is supposed to defend the pass with (when he was talking about the downfield arm I believe, you guys remember?).

O'Donnell, well he was special. He called the Wildcat the "Wildcard." Seriously dude, how could you not get that right?
I have to give Davis a break because he was pretty much the main reason we beat the Cowgirls in the 94 NFC championship.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I have to give Davis a break because he was pretty much the main reason we beat the Cowgirls in the 94 NFC championship.

aagh, this stupid thread comes up every year
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Davis wasn't bad. I like how he explained which arm the CB is supposed to defend the pass with (when he was talking about the downfield arm I believe, you guys remember?).

O'Donnell, well he was special. He called the Wildcat the "Wildcard." Seriously dude, how could you not get that right?

If you watch the replay he did use his left hand and Davis was wrong.
You think that you had it bad?
I had to listen to the local Denver broadcast homers because the NFL network broadcast was blacked out in Santa Fe.
It was painful!!!!
They referred to our players almost entirely by number and kept talking about how Nolan was brought in to create turnovers on defense.
I have to re-watch it on NFL network when it re airs just to get the horrible memory out of my head.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

but you haven't been here a year, so how would you know that
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

but you haven't been here a year, so how would you know that

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone