LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ninerhigh
  • Info N/A
Not only are those two mediocre but they don't over-ride the producer during plays to knock-out the continuation of side line reporter interviews. There is little worse than some mysterious Niner rookie making a good play and O'Donnel and Davis remain silent about who that player was. It is maddening enough to make one cuss asking who in the hell was that guy.
Dennis O'Donnell has always been terrible. He once announced that Marcus Hudson went up the middle for a 3 yard gain on offense.

they should hire mike krukow and duane kuiper to do the games. those guys are awesome.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I like Davis but O'Donnell is horrible. The King from Burger King could be running around the field and he'll be completely oblivious to it and continue announcing. Bly got hurt and was on the ground. There was even a commercial break. All he says after the break is, "And we have a new player on the field." WTF? Can you tell us WHY that is?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
aagh, this stupid thread comes up every year

but you haven't been here a year, so how would you know that

Unless he was checking out the zone for a while before signing up? *shrugs*

Edit: Can a banned member come back under a different name? If so, that's another possibility.

Anyway, the announcers weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. At least we don't have to listen to Madden ramble on and on anymore.

BOOM!

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh, that was a good one.

I don't know but I'm gona miss Madden.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Eric is okay...he can get better, but O'Donnel is a joke. He call Ron Fields...RAY MCDONALD. It seems every game he does, he effs up names. Does he not prepare before a game. I know all analyst do it, but he effs up more than once!!!

O'Donnell screwed up Goldsons name twice. Then called Jimmy Raye, "Jimmy Walker" right after the Niners first TD. This guy is horrible. Go to cbs5.com/sports and tell them what you think.
[ Edited by mdonch3 on Aug 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM ]
A) you should check out NFL network for some preseason replayed games featuring other local broadcasts. O' Donnell and Davis will actually seem like cream of the crop. Most other announcers sound like total meathead ex-players who never passed grade school.

B)how dare you speak against the great Madden. he was the ultimate in understanding/loving the game and relaying that knowledge and passion to the fans. loved madden!
I've watched numerous games on the NFL Network, and I would rather have Mike Mayock or Joe Thiesman any day. At least they know their team.

As for Madden I completely agree. Madden is a legend.
[ Edited by mdonch3 on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM ]
Say what you want about them, but I watched a little bit of the Raiders telecast on Channel 2 last night with Greg Papa and all the old Raiders hangeroners and Dennis O'Donnell & Eric Davis were only about 150,000,000 times better than them. I did like JT the Brick on the sidelines though. He’s a Raiders homer too, but he’ll give props wherever they’re due.
  • Redz
  • Info N/A
haha yea the only one i really payed attention to was when he called Jimmy Raye, Jimmy Walker haha i was like wait who? n that sideline guy, i mean chick has gotta go..EW!
I heard the Browns broadcast yesterday and Bernie Kosar sounds like he is half a bottle in when the game starts, but at least there is entertainment value there, O'Donnell doesn't even know the history or the players on the team.

O'Donnell is terrible, but that sideline reporter is the worst.

She's going on and on with TKO about who he thinks is a good player WHILE THE GAME IS GOING ON. It drove me to the Raider's broadcast, at least temporarily.

And she never did what most sideline reporters do, get the scoop on Snyder's injury. She had the whole second half--not a word. Terrible.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Originally posted by mdonch3:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Eric is okay...he can get better, but O'Donnel is a joke. He call Ron Fields...RAY MCDONALD. It seems every game he does, he effs up names. Does he not prepare before a game. I know all analyst do it, but he effs up more than once!!!

O'Donnell screwed up Goldsons name twice. Then called Jimmy Raye, "Jimmy Walker" right after the Niners first TD. This guy is horrible. Go to cbs5.com/sports and tell them what you think.

That was classic!

bump
Dennis O'Donnell is a pipsqueak.

I'm so glad he is not calling regular season games on Fox.
Share 49ersWebzone