LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Moran Norris

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by znk916:
does this look like a good football player to you?

It looks like a crappy throw.

a crappy throw that anyone besides Norris would've been able to adjust to properly and catch

You hit a 250 FB in the chest. He's not a WR or a TE.

you do realize Alex Smith had to throw it high on that play right?

There was a D-Lineman jumping and putting his hand out, the ball barely even cleared the Linemans hand. Any lower, and it would have been batted down.
I think our longest run of the day was like 10 yards and Byham was in at fullback for it. Either way this HAS to be Norris's last year. I'd like to see Caulcrick or even Byham replace him at some point. I'd be fine with us getting a veteran as well. I appreciate what he has done for us (Gore's 1700 YD SEASON, etc) but he is on the decline.

Edit: That's not snap judgment from this game either. I was thinking this last year.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 12, 2010 at 23:02:29 ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think our longest run of the day was like 10 yards and Byham was in at fullback for it. Either way this HAS to be Norris's last year. I'd like to see Caulcrick or even Byham replace him at some point. I'd be fine with us getting a veteran as well. I appreciate what he has done for us (Gore's 1700 YD SEASON, etc) but he is on the decline.

Isn't Tony Richardson out there?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

a crappy throw that anyone besides Norris would've been able to adjust to properly and catch

There was a D-Lineman jumping and putting his hand out, the ball barely even cleared the Linemans hand. Any lower, and it would have been batted down.

I've seen highlights of that play all day and that is very inaccurate.

I feel you, I'm just annoyed that Raye was wasting plays for Norris in the red zone
I rather have Nate Byham back there. He is a better receiver than Norris. Almost anyone is and he can block.
Caulcrick shouldve been the FB. Moran is lucky he had gore on his side...

Only Vid I could find of it:

It was actually the safety, you can see him come down and make a jump for the ball. The camera angle behind Alex Smith shows the Safety missed the ball by like 2-3 inches if that.

Moran Norris mistake was he turned his whole body towards the ball too early. Once his while body was turned, he didn't have the agility to adjust to the ball. He turned his whole body at like the 3 yard line instead of near the goal line.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 12, 2010 at 23:18:01 ]
Originally posted by LanceQ:
The missed TD wasn't on Norris. Alex could hit the MOON today if he was standing on it. We definitely REGRESSED today. Seattle bet us to the punch every play from the second quarter on. We really look BAD.

It was his fault all he had to do was keep runnig and the ball would have drooped in right over his shoulder and right into his hands, but for some reason he decided to spin back on his inside foot and adjust back to the ball so early the ball flew over his head. It was actually one of his better throws of the day because he looked lik sh*t in the second half! He shouldn't have thrown an over the shoulder ball to a FB anyways.

I'm Hoping Smith gets but even I'm starting to lose hope! I agree with you, every time Smith takes a step foward he seems to take a step or two backward!

[ Edited by Ramp19Stoner on Sep 12, 2010 at 23:14:00 ]
When moran was origninally brot in from the TExans, i was ecstatic, as i knew he was a terrific lead blocker. The yr he was here, he did great and frank got his 1700 yds. LA and JJ helped too of course. but now, he seems to have lost the ability to whack some LB and move him out of the hole. He had it, but no longer appears to.

It wasn't accurate but Byham would've caught that. Hell Caulcrick or Brit Miller would've caught that. Dude he's probably the least athletic player we have, he's old and slow and big and he doesn't even block well anymore. He just does nothing for us and is a waste of a roster spot.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It wasn't accurate but Byham would've caught that. Hell Caulcrick or Brit Miller would've caught that. Dude he's probably the least athletic player we have, he's old and slow and big and he doesn't even block well anymore. He just does nothing for us and is a waste of a roster spot.

Watch the replay I posted. Alex Smith HAD to throw the ball high to get it over the safety that came down.

The mistake in the play is that Moran Norris turned his body too much at the 3 yard line and it prevented him from being able to adjust to a pass within the TD zone.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
William Floyd would of made that catch.....
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Share 49ersWebzone