LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
bump
Heres the deal with this game:

1). Green Bay has zero pass or run protection. Its amazing that Rodgers plays so well with such a crappy offensive line...maybe its because they play in the spread a lot (take note Raye). Anyway, Manusky needs to dial up blitzes and pressure for a majority of our defensive possessions otherwise Rodgers will pick apart our secondary which will have problems covering Green Bay's receivers (who are very good in case you guys haven't noticed).

2). Green Bay's D is vastly overlooked...its ranked fourth in the league. It will be very challenging to get stuff going against their secondary of Woodson and Harris (though he may have lost a step or two over the past few years). I think we'll end up trying to pound the ball down field with the run game. That said, both the run and pass game looks better in the shotgun as you all know so it will be interesting to see if Raye makes any adjustments to his typical offensive game plan.

Alex vs. Rodgers...who wins? I think Alex shuts up all the haters and has a solid game as we make Rodgers run for his life all-day long.

49ers-28
Green Bay-17
One advantage we do have for the Green Bay game is that because the Niners had the Thursday night game, this weekend is more like a Bye week, which gives the Niners more time to plan different ways for running up the middle.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
One advantage we do have for the Green Bay game is that because the Niners had the Thursday night game, this weekend is more like a Bye week, which gives the Niners more time to plan different ways for running up the middle.

that's the thing though, there will be no planning. Everyone will just get a couple extra days off in which they'll choose to go fishing instead of ironing out some major issues.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

that's the thing though, there will be no planning. Everyone will just get a couple extra days off in which they'll choose to go fishing instead of ironing out some major issues.

I am sure the coaches will be working on offensive and defensive playbooks, especially if Raye wants to integrate more spread plays into the book.
Our team better be ready to show up this week. It will be a very long sunday in my house. The girlfriend is a Packers fan so will be crazy in my house.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I am sure the coaches will be working on offensive and defensive playbooks, especially if Raye wants to integrate more spread plays into the book.

I agree, we have been seeing more snaps from the shotgun, and a greater varitety of plays from that look. Looks like they are adding a few more plays every week.
My girlfriend and I are flying from San Diego to go and see this game. Can't wait to visit Lambeau Field...the mecca for football fans.
I'm gonna freeze my a$$ off and love every second of it!!! Hope it snows
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
We can't score enough points to beat GB, regardless of circumstances.
We will win.

GB offensive line is wore than the 49ers offensive line. The D will be well rested, I think we can pull it out

Alex vs Aaron

To give ourselves a chance we'll need take aways in a big way.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
We will win.

GB offensive line is wore than the 49ers offensive line. The D will be well rested, I think we can pull it out

Alex vs Aaron

It's not about the player....it about the TEAM
49ers vs. Packers....

GO 9ERS!
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We will win.

Alex vs Aaron

It's not about the player....it about the TEAM
49ers vs. Packers....

GO 9ERS!

Tell Brett Favre that.
This is a must win game if we are to stay in the division race with Arizona. AZ is playing Seattle this weekend, so they are likely to win and we will still be down 2 games. The next week AZ is playing St. Louis, so they are likely to win that as well. If we loose to Green Bay we will be down 3 games, and it is unlikely that we will be able to make that up.

If we beat Green Bay and are down 2 games..... AZ faces the Titans and Vikings back to back, while we face Jacksonville and Seattle. That will be our chance to make up those 2 games. We will then face AZ to take the lead!

Luckily, we have a long week to prepare for Green Bay!
I'm reading alot of posts about the 49ers going 6-1 the rest of the way and losing to Philly but how do we beat Green Bay? I hope for damn sure we arent overlooking them. They have a good offense and defense. Their offensive line is poor but against us I'm willing to bet we make them look solid. So lets just say we come away with 2 sacks what else are we going to do to get a win at Lambeau? Green Bay is #4 in total defense which I'm shocked at. 8th in pass D, 9th in rush D .. I have a hunch that we will need to score over 24 in order to beat them .. can we do it?? Weigh in people .. Rodgers wont throw us 5 INTS like Cutler .... I'm putting this one on Manusky if he can devise a scheme to limit GB like he did against Peyton we can get it done IMO .. LETS GO ..

Also we have 10 days to sign a punt returner lol ..
Share 49ersWebzone