There are 233 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it.

All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:
http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO:

When? November 22, 2009

Where? Green Bay (Game being broadcast locally on FOX)

When? 10:00 am PST

This thread will be merged with the Gameday thread once we hit the date. For now, use this thread for your musing re the game...

• B650
  • Veteran
We go into the belly of the best next week for another must-win game. If we can somehow pull this one out, I'll really start respecting Smith, and this team for that matter.

Now, to my question: when was the last time we won a game in Lambeau?
the bucs beat the packers!

I can't remember the last time we played the Packers
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
the bucs beat the packers!

I can't remember the last time we played the Packers

I remember the last time. We played them at home. Davis scored on a long TD reception, but we lost, 30-20, I believe.
I personally think we should be able to beat the Packers. Going into Lambeau will be tough, but our team can beat them in their house.

I'm not sure if we WILL. But we can.
Does anyone remember the last time the niners beat the packers at lambeau, b/c honestly I have no idea.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I personally think we should be able to beat the Packers. Going into Lambeau will be tough, but our team can beat them in their house.

I'm not sure if we WILL. But we can.
Minnesota is louder than Lambeau and we played well there.

Aaron Rodgers has a skeleton crew for an offensive line. The Niners BETTER bring the rush or else Rodgers will pick us apart.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Does anyone remember the last time the niners beat the packers at lambeau, b/c honestly I have no idea.

Nov. 4th, 1990.

we beat them 24-20 to go 8-0

so its been over 18 years since we won at Lambeau. maybe we can end our losing streak.

Originally posted by B650:

November 4th 1990 (24-20), but not only that, we haven't beaten them in a regular season game PERIOD since 1990! -The only win we boast against their franchise since then is our 1998 'The Catch II' playoff win.

If there was ever a statement game for this franchise, next week would be 'it'.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

November 4th 1990 (24-20), but not only that, we haven't beaten them in a regular season game PERIOD since 1990! -The only win we boast against their franchise since then is our 1998 'The Catch II' playoff win.

If this team wins in Lambeau, that would be quite an accomplishment. Not only would we be back to .500, it would give Alex Smith the same number of victories Steve Young had against the Packers, and in the process, put us a half game up on them in the playoff chase. It's going to be hard, but after we hung around in Indianapolis and Minnesota, I think it's possible. Damn, it's been 18 years...that's a long time.

If this team wins in Lambeau, that would be quite an accomplishment. Not only would we be back to .500, it would give Alex Smith the same number of victories Steve Young had against the Packers, and in the process, put us a half game up on them in the playoff chase. It's going to be hard, but after we hung around in Indianapolis and Minnesota, I think it's possible. Damn, it's been 18 years...that's a long time.

well the steve young thing holds no merit, since the packers young faced his whole career were alot tougher than the packers alex smith will face. the brett favre-less, offensive line-less packers.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

well the steve young thing holds no merit, since the packers young faced his whole career were alot tougher than the packers alex smith will face. the brett favre-less, offensive line-less packers.

Yeah, but the thing is, Alex has less talent around him too. I think it would be a big accomplishment for this team. It would put us back on the map. With a home game against Jacksonville following this game, there would be a good chance of being 6-5 (same record we had in the 1988 season, the season we won the Super Bowl).

I know...one game at a time.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 13, 2009 at 02:06:57 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

Yeah, but the thing is, Alex has less talent around him too. I think it would be a big accomplishment for this team. It would put us back on the map. With a home game against Jacksonville following this game, there would be a good chance of being 6-5 (same record we had in the 1988 season, the season we won the Super Bowl).

I know...one game at a time.

I think we can take the Pack, our defense has 10 days to prep around the worst offensive line in the league (yes, people think we have it bad, no QB has been sacked more than Rogers since week 1).

Also, their D sucks, but it'll be another 'grinding' challenge for us. -I'm just hoping that the first half of the Bears game was a preview/indication of how well we're coming along with our spread offense. -During those first 2 drives (despite scoring no TDs) we looked pretty impressive within our recent standards despite playing on a short week (with only one day of practice).
Share 49ersWebzone