LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
score more points than them
We should be able to pressure Rogers. The key is our secondary being disciplined so he doesn't burn us when he escapes. We should be able to do this. Second. We need to score at least 24.
Spread on offense and sacks on defense.
count on green bay running screens on our asses all day. The DL needs to get wise to the fact that if the OL gives you an all access pass at the QB, it could POSSIBLY be a set up. The LB's need to call that s**t out.

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Per ESPN statistics:

DEFENSIVE STATS: Green Bay gives up the fourth fewest yards per game, at 282.9, but they are ranked 17th for points allowed per game at 21.5 and are 4th worst in the league for TDs allowed at 16. They don't get a lot of sacks. At 13 on the season, they are ranked third to last, but they are big on interceptions, ranked 4th in the league with 12. Green Bay's run defense is stout, giving up 3.5 yards per carry and ranked second in the league only to our 49ers. Green Bay has given up 3 rushing TDs this year, ranking 4th. Green Bay's opponents convert 34% of third downs, 5th toughest in the league, but Green Bay leads the league in giving the opponent a first down due to penalty.

ANALYSIS: Green Bay defense does not put a lot of pressure on the QB, but is strong against the run and agressive against the pass. They get a lot of interceptions and forced fumbles, leading to one of the top takeaway ratios, but they their ball hawking style also gives up a middle of the pack number of TDs and a league leading number of penalties leading to first downs. They will stuff your run, make you pass, and look to get the turnover. This will be a tough game for Singletary and Raye, because the Packers are good at taking away what the Niners want to do, i.e., run and control the clock. I am assuming based on our offensive line's performance and injuries that we're not going to impose our will running. This means we will have to pass, and this will make Singletary nervous because Green Bay is strong on getting the turnover, particularly interceptions. The pressure will be on Alex Smith and his receivers against Green Bay. To score, we're going to have to get a very strong collective effort from the passing game. Smith should have time to throw the ball, but accuracy and separation of the recievers will be key.

PACKER OFFENSIVE STATS:

YDS/GAME: 376.6 (7th)
PASSING YDS/GAME: 255.6 (9th)
RUSHING YDS/GAME: 121.0 (10th)
POINTS/GAME: 26.9 (7th)

PACKERS RECORD (4-4):

WEEK 1: W 21-15 v. CHICAGO (4-5)
WEEK 2: L 24-31 v. CINCINNATI (6-2)
WEEK 3: W 36-17 v. ST. LOUIS (1-7)
WEEK 4: L 23-30 v. MINNESOTA (7-1)
WEEK 5: BYE
WEEK 6: W 26-0 v. DETROIT (1-7)
WEEK 7: W 31-3 v. CLEVELAND (1-7)
WEEK 8: L 26-38 v. MINNESOTA (7-1)
WEEK 9: L 28-38 v. TAMPA BAY (1-7)

FINAL ANALYSIS: This should be a very tough game for us. Statistically, the Packers are strong on defense and offense, but they've played 4 very weak opponents, so their rankings are inflated. Against the top teams, as with us, they have lost. Still, this is a good, ball hawking defense that we are facing, that will take away our run and force us to win the game with our unproven passing attack. Green Bay has the ability to put points on the board with their offense and has a strong turnover ratio. Lambeua Field is a very tough place to win, and given the time of the year, we could be looking at tough weather conditions. I would expect us to be a 5-7 point underdog for this game, baring significant injuries to the Packers in their matchup this Sunday against the Cowboys. If we win this one it will likely have to come on the backs of Alex Smith and the receivers playing a very good game, and the defense getting sacks and forcing turnovers from Green Bay. Head Says: L . Heart Says: W .
1) capitalize on their turnovers with points
2) less penalties
3) do not give GB the final offensive drive (if it's down to the wire) - yesterday almost gave me a heart attack.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
count on green bay running screens on our asses all day. The DL needs to get wise to the fact that if the OL gives you an all access pass at the QB, it could POSSIBLY be a set up. The LB's need to call that s**t out.

Seriously we have been getting killed by screens and bad tackling the last 4 weeks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Hellllllll no we ain't gunna win this game there defense is really damn good our oline sucks we ONLY scored 10points and we had 5 fricken picks are u serious a bunch of homers think we gunna win but as a Realistic fan we lose 28 to 10
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Hellllllll no we ain't gunna win this game there defense is really damn good our oline sucks we ONLY scored 10points and we had 5 fricken picks are u serious a bunch of homers think we gunna win but as a Realistic fan we lose 28 to 10

We almost beat the Vikings who have only lost one time. We almost beat the Colts who have God at Qb. Yet we are going to get murdered by a team with a s**ttier OL than us. A team who also just got beaten by the Bucs. Anything can happen.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

We almost beat the Vikings who have only lost one time. We almost beat the Colts who have God at Qb. Yet we are going to get murdered by a team with a s**ttier OL than us. A team who also just got beaten by the Bucs. Anything can happen.

I hate the word almost it shouldn't even be a word almost dosnt win games almost dosnt get us to the playoffs or the super bowl we are playing at there house we don't win on the road I see alex smith throwing pics I see frank gore rushing only for maybe 50 yards don't get me wrong I really really want them to win I'm even gunna choose them on my bets on sunday but realisticly I know we gunna lose

you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xm1XErUvXo
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by EastBayNiner:
DONT LET THEM SCORE MORE THAN 16 POINTS! Were 4-0 when the oppenent scores 16 or less

we are also 4-0 when we score more points than the other team

What a revelation! Why didn't I think of that!
5-5 baby!
Share 49ersWebzone