LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like the predictions, except for one thing, we beat the f**k!ng Eagles!!!!Niners are back in the house BAYBAY!!!!!!!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
I like the predictions, except for one thing, we beat the f**k!ng Eagles!!!!Niners are back in the house BAYBAY!!!!!!!!

I'm confused.

Niners have dropped 3 in a row baybay!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

49ers have dropped 3 in a row to good teams while going through an identity crisis and some personnel changes. I know one game doesn't make or break the season but the 49ers have come to a fork in the road here. This game is important because we need momentum going into the Chicago game.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

49ers have dropped 3 in a row to good teams while going through an identity crisis and some personnel changes. I know one game doesn't make or break the season but the 49ers have come to a fork in the road here. This game is important because we need momentum going into the Chicago game.

Raye touched on that in some interview. He said there have been a lot of changes and moving around.
Rabbit Predictions:

Smith 250+yds, 2TD's
Crabtree: gets his 1st TD
Gore: 150 total yds, 1TD
Willis: 13 tackles, FF, INT

The coaches will keep the same game plan that they have been using for the previous 7 games. "Ball Control" through a so called "power running game" and defense to keep the game close instead of using defense to keep the opponent from scoring and using the offense to outscore the opponent. Call me crazy but I thought that was the formula for winning games.
Originally posted by Conejo:
Rabbit Predictions:

Smith 250+yds, 2TD's

Nice. but where's the score prediction? 24-13 49ers maybe?
Respect everyone, fear no one. Any team that is 10-0 and just a year later is 1-6 is a dangerous team. I just hope the Niners don't come out flat like the Rams game.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 4, 2009 at 00:55:23 ]
Originally posted by backontop:

The coaches will keep the same game plan that they have been using for the previous 7 games. "Ball Control" through a so called "power running game" and defense to keep the game close instead of using defense to keep the opponent from scoring and using the offense to outscore the opponent. Call me crazy but I thought that was the formula for winning games.

I really don't see us doing this 'power running' mentality anymore. Even last week we were moving away from it. Look for the niners to pass a lot during the mid stretch of the season until teams really have to respect our passing game. We'll be able to really run the ball once defenses start fearing our passing game, which they will.

We're going to start to air and tare. So long as Alex remains consistent it was pretty obvious that Sing wants to start passing.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Conejo:
Rabbit Predictions:

Smith 250+yds, 2TD's

Nice. but where's the score prediction? 24-13 49ers maybe?

27-10, 9ers of course
On first down between our own 20-35 yard line: 3 WR set.

-Crabtree lines up on the weak side. Route=25 yard out
-Bruce lines up next to Crabs. Route=15-18 yard inside curl

-Jones or Morgan line up on the strong side. Route=GO
-Davis runs a deep inside post to draw the safety off and to allow man coverage on Morgan or Jones.
-5 step drop for Smith, pass to Morgan/Jones
-2nd read could be a pass to Gore in the wide-open flat.

This could work for a couple of reasons:

1. Titans will have no film b/c we've never done it.( at least not that i could remember)
2. Titans don't have the personell to cover the back end.
3. And last but not least because if they don't at least try something like this ONCE a blood vessel is going to burst in my brain.
Would need to turn the ball over and score!!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:

I'm confused.

It's going to be tough containing both Jackson and Maclin, unless Clements is back by then. This is going to be our toughest game.
f**k Vince Young

we are gonna make him so depressed he will retire right after the game
Share 49ersWebzone