LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
i'm so excited!!! we are going to kick ass
  • TBC_Titan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:

Good to know, because we are gunna bring it!
Should be a fun game regardless.
You guys are going to get to see Chris Johnson's speed up close and personal!
And Vince seems to have his mojo back.
Can't wait to see them go up against that vaunted defense of yours.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k Vince Young

we are gonna make him so depressed he will retire right after the game

Yeah, I'm sure he has terrible memories of playing in Cali. He's playing with house money, I would be worried. I don't think it's coincedence that the D played much better with him in there, they always have.
The real thing I want to see is if we actually game plan for the opponent correctly. We can't run, they stop the run OK. We can pass, they absolutely can't stop the pass.
We stop the run OK, they can run real well. We can't stop the pass, they don't pass so well.
If ever there was a perfect matchup for strengths and weakneses in our favor this is it. If we lose this game and it's due to not playing to these strenghts, I'll be ready to mail in another losing season and have zero lack of faith in this coaching staff.
Originally posted by TX9R:
f**k Vince Young

Yeah, I'm sure he has terrible memories of playing in Cali. He's playing with house money, I would be worried. I don't think it's coincedence that the D played much better with him in there, they always have.
The real thing I want to see is if we actually game plan for the opponent correctly. We can't run, they stop the run OK. We can pass, they absolutely can't stop the pass.
We stop the run OK, they can run real well. We can't stop the pass, they don't pass so well.
If ever there was a perfect matchup for strengths and weakneses in our favor this is it. If we lose this game and it's due to not playing to these strenghts, I'll be ready to mail in another losing season and have zero lack of faith in this coaching staff.

agreed. I'll be calling for jimmy raye festers head if we lose this one. I'm not worried about our D. It's all on the O.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by TX9R:
f**k Vince Young

agreed. I'll be calling for jimmy raye festers head if we lose this one. I'm not worried about our D. It's all on the O.

Hey Syber,

How about our players produce, huh?

You know...catch balls, block, QB clock mngmt, play until the whistle has blown, finish! You know...the little things.

After rewatching that second half, we sooooo shot ourselves in the foot. Sure, some of the playcalling was conservative, but in another light those calls were to eat time with the D they had called. If we catch balls, make blocks and finish the damn play, we would have knocked off the top team in the league.

The bottom line is that as a whole the offensive players didn't do a good job executing the calls from the sideline, period. This is not all on Raye!

Sure Raye's head is on the platter, but it didn't get there by itself.

I hear ya though...

[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 4, 2009 at 09:04:39 ]
Originally posted by TBC_Titan:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Good to know, because we are gunna bring it!
Should be a fun game regardless.
You guys are going to get to see Chris Johnson's speed up close and personal!
And Vince seems to have his mojo back.
Can't wait to see them go up against that vaunted defense of yours.

I think we will turn it around after losing 3 in a row and going back home. It's a much more interesting match up now with both qb's trying to make a comeback
TBC Titan listen up. Let me give you some facts. Vince Young went 15-18 for like 120 yards on the day. Most of those throws were to the tight end and check downs to the running back. He only targeted WR's maybe 4-5 times. It's obvious your OC doesn't want to overload Vince too much and is playing it safe. Vince's best weapon is his own legs. He ran for a few first downs by running. Other than that element he has no "mojo" to speak of. We have gone up against Schaub and Manning in the last 2 weeks.

Apart from Vince if Johnson did not rack 200 yards of offense then there would be no offense to speak of. We're 2nd in rush defense. Remember that.

Also your defense is horrible in tackling. You gave up 177 yards to Jones Drew and most of his runs he bounced out of missed tackles. Miss those tackles on Frank the Tank Gore and you'll see the same thing. Also where do you rank if pass defense?
  • TBC_Titan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
TBC Titan listen up. Let me give you some facts. Vince Young went 15-18 for like 120 yards on the day. Most of those throws were to the tight end and check downs to the running back. He only targeted WR's maybe 4-5 times. It's obvious your OC doesn't want to overload Vince too much and is playing it safe. Vince's best weapon is his own legs. He ran for a few first downs by running. Other than that element he has no "mojo" to speak of. We have gone up against Schaub and Manning in the last 2 weeks.
Mojo: look how the team played once he got back under center. It's those intangibles that you didn't think about. He kept drives alive that Collins probably would have not.
As for the bold statement, you act like that's no big deal. A 'few' first downs can very well mean the outcome of a game.
Whether or not he can pass that much better, you best account for him taking off at any given moment or he will torch you; that pretty much everyone can agree on.
Lastly, why would he need to do anymore than he did when our RB rushed for 220+ yards? "Coach, Chris Johnson is getting way too many yards for us. We should take him out of the game and let the QB make risky passes for the rest of the game." "Okay."

Quote:
Apart from Vince if Johnson did not rack 200 yards of offense then there would be no offense to speak of. We're 2nd in rush defense. Remember that.
Vince is a big reason for CJ having so many yards. The LBs and DEs HAVE to account for VY's running ability and have to stay home. They cannot commit to the RB on the running play unless they want to be torched by Vince. I'm surprised I find myself having to explain how that works.

Quote:
Also your defense is horrible in tackling. You gave up 177 yards to Jones Drew and most of his runs he bounced out of missed tackles. Miss those tackles on Frank the Tank Gore and you'll see the same thing. Also where do you rank if pass defense?
No argument on the horrible tackling. Hopefully we will get that shored up.
Well, with Mouton and McCourty (rookies) starting at CBs when Finnegan and Harper were out, I'd say not too good. Thanks for pointing out the obvious though.
Finnegan is back. And while Harper is still out, Hood will be starting in his place.
Though you might want to start getting the ball out of Smith's hands quicker. Cecil has finally dialed up the pressure. We knocked Garrard around all day and sacked him more than once. Granted that is Jax, it did show we can get to the QB.
It will be a hard fought game but this is probably the most ready we've been as a team all season.
Mojo: look how the team played once he got back under center. It's those intangibles that you didn't think about. He kept drives alive that Collins probably would have not.
As for the bold statement, you act like that's no big deal. A 'few' first downs can very well mean the outcome of a game.
Whether or not he can pass that much better, you best account for him taking off at any given moment or he will torch you; that pretty much everyone can agree on.
Lastly, why would he need to do anymore than he did when our RB rushed for 220+ yards? "Coach, Chris Johnson is getting way too many yards for us. We should take him out of the game and let the QB make risky passes for the rest of the game." "Okay."

Quote:
Vince is a big reason for CJ having so many yards. The LBs and DEs HAVE to account for VY's running ability and have to stay home. They cannot commit to the RB on the running play unless they want to be torched by Vince. I'm surprised I find myself having to explain how that works.

Quote:
Well, with Mouton and McCourty (rookies) starting at CBs when Finnegan and Harper were out, I'd say not too good. Thanks for pointing out the obvious though.
Finnegan is back. And while Harper is still out, Hood will be starting in his place.
Though you might want to start getting the ball out of Smith's hands quicker. Cecil has finally dialed up the pressure. We knocked Garrard around all day and sacked him more than once. Granted that is Jax, it did show we can get to the QB.
It will be a hard fought game but this is probably the most ready we've been as a team all season.

Quote:

Exactly because he can't make plays with his arm. Shut down the running game Vince can't make the throws to beat you. Which is why he chose to run for first downs instead of trying to make a decent throw. Can you name a single LB on the Jaguars that runs like Patrick Willis?

Quote:

Quote:

I'm predicting a low scoring game. Your rushing offense is good but our rushing defense is good. Your passing defense isn't very good but neither is our passing offense, although, we have had a small increase in mojo of our own in this area as of late. We'll see.
If the Niners lose to the Titans, I will begin to question whether this team is actually improving, or just falling apart as usual.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Johnson yapping at the mouth!!!!

That is verbal diarrhea at its finest right there.

Just remember Chris the Niners are not going to let you run for 80 yards let alone 228.

The road to your so-called 'playoff run' goes through San Francisco and Vince Young is your quarterback.

I think he didnt get the memo that the niners shut down the BEST back in the league this year AGAIN...........the only way he gets close to 80 yds is on a long run
besides that he's hitting the wall all day!!!!!!!!
This game is huge. If we lose it will be very hard to rebound. No excuses, this is a must win and it better not be close.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah I even think we are catching you guys at the wrong time. Chris Johnson makes me worried because of his speed, we had a problem with ATL's back up RB Norwood on a few plays, we had a problem with Steve Slaton too, but not just as a runner but how he can do so many different things. I hope we pick off Vince Young a few times, or hit him hard so he thinks twice before running. It should be a good game, the Titans haven't been great this year but at the same time they're not your typical 1-6 team so we'll see. Go Niners
Share 49ersWebzone