There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 4)

rams have given up a lot of yards, avg 148 per game



if coffee can't do well off of that then, , that defense should make him look like a baller
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by chimp914:
I want a blowout to make up for this week.

3-1!!!

Me, too! 56-3 would work.

With Mr. conservative calling the plays, we will never see 50 points.

You're correct, I considered that, too. Initially, I thought of wanting 35-3, but throw in some defensive TDs (i.e. fumbles, INTs) for good measure and there's our 56 pts.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
rams have given up a lot of yards, avg 148 per game



if coffee can't do well off of that then, , that defense should make him look like a baller

I seen Coffee do some good things, he runs hard, and the more reps he will get, the more he'll settle, and is bound to break a big one for paydirt....

then all those who doubt the kid will be on the bandwagon quickly.
As someone who is subjected to Rams football because I live in STL, I can offer my opinion of their team.

Bulger is playing pretty bad, so his injury might be a blessing for them. Boller still sucks though.

Laurent Robinson was their best receiver through the first 3 games this year, but he went down with a knee injury yesterday. Donnie Avery hasn't been the same since Torry Holt left. I think he's actually injured from preseason and they rushed him back to early.

Steven Jackson is a workhorse.

Their defense, both run and pass, is pretty good. They can't rush the passer though, despite Spagnoulo's reputation in NY. Chris Long has been invisible.

Like I said, in another thread, this team lacks talent. They had some terrible drafts in 06 & 07. They remind me of the 05 Niners after the Donahue/Erickson Era. Spagnuolo has them playing hard like how Nolan had his 05 Niners playing, but they just don't have the talent to compete.
[ Edited by DesiDez on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM ]
Obviously, no team should be overlooked...but I think we'll be 3-1, the Rams are really bad.

What would be of interest is how the offense plays? Do we make some/any changes since the last game? are we still relying on our defense to finish up?
Excluding what's on paper, how talented and capable are our WRs? Coffee gets more reps, so that will be interesting as well.
Division game against a desperate team: it won't be easy.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Obviously, no team should be overlooked...but I think we'll be 3-1, the Rams are really bad.

What would be of interest is how the offense plays? Do we make some/any changes since the last game? are we still relying on our defense to finish up?
Excluding what's on paper, how talented and capable are our WRs? Coffee gets more reps, so that will be interesting as well.

I honestly think the offensive philosphy remains the same. Power running, and VD continues his Pro-Bowl campaign.
Looks like Bulger is out for the game and possibly the year. We are gonna face Boller.
Man this game can't come any sooner...i just can't get that favre play out of my head! does anyone know where i can get one of those f**k the rams shirt?
Originally posted by King49er:
Never count a Division Rival out, no matter how bad they are

Agreed, but after Sing's postgame comments, I don't think they will.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Man this game can't come any sooner...i just can't get that favre play out of my head! does anyone know where i can get one of those f**k the rams shirt?

Our next shot at making a stmt and truly put the Vikings game behind us: a win against the Falcons (at home).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by chimp914:
I want a blowout to make up for this week.

3-1!!!

Me, too! 56-3 would work.

With Mr. conservative calling the plays, we will never see 50 points.

You're correct, I considered that, too. Initially, I thought of wanting 35-3, but throw in some defensive TDs (i.e. fumbles, INTs) for good measure and there's our 56 pts.

  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
We need to watch out for this game. The Niner's are coming off a heartbreaker that could really test their faith. It could rattle them, things could take downward turn. The Rams are desperately looking for a 1st win, any win, any way, anywhere. They are going to fight for this game, big time.

This is a dangerous game, with an opponent who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Good chance to take out our anger out against the lonely Rams

give me 28-0 performance & ill be happy

ohh yea & 6 sacks on who ever lines up at QB for the Rams