LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Looks like there's a chance Boller starts for the Lambs.

If there is a quarterback controversy in St. Louis after this game then we've got a problem.

Boller needs to know pain.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Looks like there's a chance Boller starts for the Lambs.

If there is a quarterback controversy in St. Louis after this game then we've got a problem.

Boller needs to know pain.

yep
Here's to steam rolling the rams and going up 3-0 in the division!
What I want to see is balanced play call. Let Hill throw the f**king ball! It's the only way he's going to get better at pocket presence and accuracy in clutch situations (3rd down). With our lame playcalling he's not developing as well as he should be.

That being said, I have not seen the Rams play either but it sure seems like they are starting a rebuilding process and have a bad offense. They have no true #1 and I've been hearing Donnie Avery hasn't done much after a good rookie season. Their O-Line is patchworked and sketchy so let's exploit that early and often. If we can put the pressure onto Boller (who really isn't that bad) and be able to maintain clock management -- mainly CONVERTING ON 3RD DOWN -- I don't see how we don't win this. Unless we come out completely flat due to overconfidence -- I don't think Singletary would allow this however.

Taking out frustration over the Vikings loss is not going to bode well for the Rams.
all the frustrations is about to be released on the rams......... it will be even worse if Kyle Boller ends up starting.

they're gonna run into a buzz saw.
The Niners should be able to polish up all aspects of their game Sunday. It's not even close to a GPS game. We should be favored by at least 9 or 10. Let Gore rest for the next two weeks plus the bye. We need him for the second half of the season and when he comes back, we'll be more balanced with a more seasoned passing game.

There are no excuses.
I want a blowout to make up for this week.

3-1!!!
Shaun Hill (post game): I know nothing else but to keep on grinding.

I think if we keep the focus (who better than Singletary to help with that), we have a chance to go 4-1 in the first five games.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The Niners should be able to polish up all aspects of their game Sunday. It's not even close to a GPS game. We should be favored by at least 9 or 10. Let Gore rest for the next two weeks plus the bye. We need him for the second half of the season and when he comes back, we'll be more balanced with a more seasoned passing game.

There are no excuses.

Good guess . . . opened at 9.5 Link

I say they cover.

The Rams have given up almost 150 yds. rushing per game and have an opposition QB rating of 99.0. If there's no Viking hang-over and the effort is there it should be convincing.

BTW I noticed the Falcons have a bye next week to prepare for their trip to the Stick . . .

Originally posted by 49ersking:
Shaun Hill (post game): I know nothing else but to keep on grinding.

I think if we keep the focus (who better than Singletary to help with that), we have a chance to go 4-1 in the first five games.

next 2 games are at home where hill is undefeated

not sure how good the falcons are but i think we are retiring jerry rice that day so the crowd should be rockin
all bets are off when we play the rams. they usually give us a pretty good game. i know we kicked the s**t out of them last year in san fran but they probably should have beaten us in st louis so anything is possible.

on paper it is a game we should win but we have to go out there and execute. we have been in games the first 3 weeks because we have limited our turnovers. the rams are still a professional football team with good players and if we give things to them then we could have a problem.

if we play our style i think it will be a pretty easy game (i don't expect sjax is going to run all over us, we've already contained a much better back).

by the way, what is the deal with chris long? he's not even a starter? awful draft pick. i guess they could say the same about alex :(
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
What I want to see is balanced play call. Let Hill throw the f**king ball! It's the only way he's going to get better at pocket presence and accuracy in clutch situations (3rd down). With our lame playcalling he's not developing as well as he should be.

That being said, I have not seen the Rams play either but it sure seems like they are starting a rebuilding process and have a bad offense. They have no true #1 and I've been hearing Donnie Avery hasn't done much after a good rookie season. Their O-Line is patchworked and sketchy so let's exploit that early and often. If we can put the pressure onto Boller (who really isn't that bad) and be able to maintain clock management -- mainly CONVERTING ON 3RD DOWN -- I don't see how we don't win this. Unless we come out completely flat due to overconfidence -- I don't think Singletary would allow this however.

Taking out frustration over the Vikings loss is not going to bode well for the Rams.

YES!

And if we need a first down to win the game - pass to get it. Not just run into a wall.
If we have our 12th man on the field with us again.... WE GOT THIS!!! lol

[ Edited by zozell on Sep 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM ]
No excuses... WE NEED THIS WIN!
Share 49ersWebzone