LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While we are vastly improved over last year we cannot afford to take any team lightly, were not that good. Dallas walked into St. Louis last year thinking it would be an easy win and had there butts handed to them.

This is the Rams and there is a long tradition of these two teams hating each other. This is one of those games where we can be upset. So I hope all our players are focused and have there heads screwed on straight and ready to play.
Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
this is our best chance to blow someone a team out....when was the last time we had a blow out?

Rams last year?

Yup . . . 35-16 . . . and similar to the current situation, it happened the Sunday after the tough Monday Night loss at Arizona.
I think 49ers fans are in denial if you think that we don't have the potential to lose this game. Look at the last Rams game we played. I rest my case
Originally posted by Youngone:
I think 49ers fans are in denial if you think that we don't have the potential to lose this game. Look at the last Rams game we played. I rest my case

Marc Bulger may not play, and their defense is bottom 5 in the NFL in most statistical categories. Not saying that we can't lose this game, because we certainly can, but we definitely should not lose this game. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think we will win.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Sep 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Originally posted by backontop:
ANY given Sunday

This

Mike Nolan isn't our coach anymore guys.

X's 10 Do not miss that loser squatting on the sideline looking pensive as our opponent is running up the score on our chronically poorly prepared team. Games that still hurt, at Washington, Tards in Mexico City, at Kansas City, San Diego that same season, Philly w/ TO, NO.....Damn we were shiat.

I hope Sing let's the dawgs out on Sunday and VD's the Rams into oblivion. I predict Coffee has a 120+ yard game.

I still HATE you Nolan. I even wore a suit to a game in St Louis in honor of that dumbass in 2007.....HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on my meds I go now.....all better.
Borrowing a phrase from his mentor, Coach sing will "stay the course" against the rams. The rams will stack the box with 8 or 9, we will keep run, run, punting.

The game will be close just because of the above formula, instead of total domination.

Not only that, but I think boller is better than bulger, bulger is done.

Exactly It isn't that hard for them to put 8 in the box and dare the niners to beat them passing which the niners haven't done. Not to mention the o line shaky play. Plus it's a division rival. I think the game will be close b/c that's the Niners style of play.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They should be hopeful. A lot of Vikings fans were thinking we had no shot and we f**ked them up.

I saw that too. I checked out one of their forums, and I do not think I saw one person say they might lose. And I thought we were homers?
They are the worst team in the league. They'll find thought out once we demolish them this weekend.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/win-vs-whiners-38024/

Some are realistic, but most of them seem to think they have an actual chance of beating us or keeping the game close...

kinda feel bad for them

"Those poor dummies, I feel sorry for them."

That's a quote from a fan on a Seachicken forum, who was talking about our fan posts on our forums, in a thread exactly like this one here, the week prior to our beating them.

Originally posted by Blitz:
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/win-vs-whiners-38024/

Some are realistic, but most of them seem to think they have an actual chance of beating us or keeping the game close...

kinda feel bad for them

"Those poor dummies, I feel sorry for them."

That's a quote from a fan on a Seachicken forum, who was talking about our fan posts on our forums, in a thread exactly like this one here, the week prior to our beating them.

yeah some are realistic. also they edit out niners in the forum i was wondering what was up with all the edited crap in posts about the niners

After how Vernon Davis gashed the Vikings D, how are we going to stop him?
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Sep 30, 2009 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

Exactly It isn't that hard for them to put 8 in the box and dare the niners to beat them passing which the niners haven't done. Not to mention the o line shaky play. Plus it's a division rival. I think the game will be close b/c that's the Niners style of play.

And close games can go either way with a lucky/unlucky bounce. The 9ers shouldn't take this game litely, and I'm sure they're not, because while the 9ers have become surprisingly good so far this season, they are not yet a great team that can easily maul a team like the Rams. Although the Rams lost to the Packers last week 36-17, that game was actually much closer than the score would indicate. The Rams are not a good team, but they aren't horrible either.
I may be in the minority here, but i feel a little nervous playing them. This is the first time that i've felt that we should totally annihilate an opponent.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I may be in the minority here, but i feel a little nervous playing them. This is the first time that i've felt that we should totally annihilate an opponent.

-9fA

u didn't feel that way last year when we played the lions?? I did.
lol

how pathetic are the 49ers if the fans don't expect them to blowout one of the bottom 3 teams in the league

i don't care if they are in our division, if they are desperate or any other BS

this is a new team and I expect us to destroy teams that are bad.
Share 49ersWebzone