There are 158 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nightmare is something imagined. There's no imagining Willis. The Hurt is real, Brett.

PWillis 'The Hurt'
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
our defense ranks 9th

could be higher after the colts game

Our offense ranks 25th, theirs 26th, their defense ranks 5th.

They beat the Browns and Lions, we beat the Cards and Seahawks.
We'll have to improve from this week to next, just like we improved from last week to this.

We had several issues in the Cards game, and we addressed some of them. We still need to work on our pass protection. The Vikings D will be the best we've played against, so we'll need to be very efficient and effective on offense. Gore will not be able to run against them like he did against the 'hawks, so we'll need to manufacture some long drives with the short passing game. That won't work if the oline doesn't hold up. I have faith that we can find something that works, but it will be a big test not only of our players but on our coaches ability to continue to adapt.

Defensively, we'll have to keep doing what we're doing.
I liked this game in our favor until they got Brett Favre. He has a killer record against us. I think AP will get controlled, but it will still be a tough win, if we happen to pull it out. If we can force Favre into his "gun-slinging" mode, we will be in good shape...

So it really going to boil down to our game-managing QB, against Favre...

Some say they beat the Browns and Lions, but we only beat the Seahawks and Cards. Our games are divisional, which is always tough, no matter what. Both are projected to make runs at the playoffs. The Lions are a divisional game, but are not projected to do much this year, as our the Browns with all of their QB turmoil.
Last time we played them we stopped AP dead in his tracks but Chester Taylor tore us a new one.

Jared Allen is frikkin scary--better hope "long face" Staley and Pashos/Snyder are 100% mentally ready. It'll be hard to run against that dline and what's his name Chad Greenway is having a very good start to the season and he'll clean up any slop that Hill throws his way.

If we can hold AP to just around 100 yds (rush and rec) and only one score and effectively blitz the hell out of Favre I think we have a chance.
This should be our first loss. I just hope we work Minnisota to the ground, win or lose. I want to look like a top NFL team and not a bottom feeder win or lose.

If we can keep the game close, then we may be able to get Favre to do something dumb.
Minnesota has been smart with their playcalling and not just letting Favre air it out to minimalize his mistakes, the key for us this game is we must slow down the run game and force them into airing it out with Favre, and when that happens make sure and get pressure on him so we can force those INTs of his
This is the game where I hope Hill, and the WR's can get the offense opened up. How you want to beat Minn is to get a lead to where they have to let Farve sling the ball around and then get those int's. Gotta really study the tape of what Detroit did in the 1st half against Minn. They shut them down for a half Niners need to see if they can build a better game plan for a full game.

This is a game that can set the tone for the year if the o line can out play the vikings d line tough task but it can be done they aren't machines.
this game will show us where we stand outside our division. We get blown out, we're chumps. We barely lose, I'll be okay with that. We win, we start getting NFL respect.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whens the last time we won in Minnesota??

Last game I remember in Minny was when TO went off on Knapp.

Brett Favre - 37/48 265 yards passing, Avg 5.5, 3 TD's, sacked 7 times.

Shaun Hill
- 37/57 353 yards passing, Avg 6.2, 1 TD, sacked 8 times.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Shaun Hill

49ers at Minnesota

9-28-03
L 35-7

10-24-99
L 40-16

12-26-94
L 21-14

12-13-92
W 20-17

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Shaun Hill

49ers at Minnesota

9-28-03
L 35-7

10-24-99
L 40-16

12-26-94
L 21-14

12-13-92
W 20-17

Originally posted by teeohh:
our defense ranks 9th

could be higher after the colts game

Our offense ranks 25th, theirs 26th, their defense ranks 5th.

They beat the Browns and Lions, we beat the Cards and Seahawks.

interesting indeed
Where's that gif of Willis stopping Adrian dead in his tracks from two years ago?
Share 49ersWebzone