LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mm, should be good one with both teams almost identical in the their attack plans and personnel:

1) Both teams win by, "Getting __________ (A.P. / Gore) the d@mn ball!!!"
2) Both teams have "game manager" QBs who CAN beat you, but mostly dink and dunk down their way down field. I don't think Favre completed a pass longer than 15 yards today.
3) Both teams commit to stopping the run, but can be beat through the air.
4) Both teams have one lock-down CB (Winfield / Clements).
5) Jared Allen or Justin Smith??? I know Allen gets more sacks, but who plays the run better. Toss-up???

I know I'm sayin' much, but our key to winning is not giving up big plays (especially in the run game), limiting turnovers, and getting pressure in Favre's face.

I DO worry that the Vike's offensive line will be the toughest challenge our defensive front has faced thus far.

That said, go Niners!!!

Shanghai'D
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Mm, should be good one with both teams almost identical in the their attack plans and personnel:

2) Both teams have "game manager" QBs who CAN beat you, but mostly dink and dunk down their way down field. I don't think Favre completed a pass longer than 15 yards today.
5) Jared Allen or Justin Smith??? I know Allen gets more sacks, but who plays the run better. Toss-up???

I know I'm sayin' much, but our key to winning is not giving up big plays (especially in the run game), limiting turnovers, and getting pressure in Favre's face.

I DO worry that the Vike's offensive line will be the toughest challenge our defensive front has faced thus far.

That said, go Niners!!!

Shanghai'D

Good points but yeah their OL > our OL. They better step it up, we must be averaging about 3.5 sacks given up per game. That's a lot.

Wish this one was at home... I think it will be tough but we should be able to hang with them.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:

That said, go Niners!!!

Shanghai'D

Good points but yeah their OL > our OL. They better step it up, we must be averaging about 3.5 sacks given up per game. That's a lot.

Wish this one was at home... I think it will be tough but we should be able to hang with them.

Lions RB Smith had some pretty good runs against the Vikings. I think Gore's going to do fine.
  • ZRF80
BLITZ Favre. And I'll tell you why. If we can use our swarming defense to our advantage, and prevent AP from making a dent in his rushing stats, then old man Favre will have to make plays with his arm, something he hasnt been forced to do all season. Of course, Favre is the classic Ninerkiller; last year's loss to us was more do to aging and injury. So how do you stop Favre ? By letting him throw. History tells us that when you blitz (and blitz often), Favre has a tendency to throw it deep and let his receivers (usually single covered) do the work. Well, that gives us 2 advantages: (1) Minne's receivers arent that good, and (2) Favre doesnt have that gun slinging arm anymore.

In essence, force turnovers through the arm of Favre. The key, however, is if our defense can convince the Vikings that AP is no good and they can only win it with the pass.
If the lonely lions can hang in there with the queens

then we shouldnt EVEN have a problem with them

STOP Peterson & we win the game simple as that

we do have a GREAT run stop defense this year so it can be accomplished.
3-0 next week...and I don't mean for the Vikings....f**k Brett Favre
I have a question maybe you zoners can help me out. What happen with the Williams brothers being suspended for the first 4 games this year for breaking the anti-drug policy? I know its been dragged out since last season but figured a ruling would of happened by now. It would be huge for our run game without them. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it
We need to do to the Vikings what the Cardinals did to us and that is attaining good penetration.

The 49ers run an almost identical offense to the Vikings, philosophically wise.

Anyways, I'm really pumped for this matchup. I feel this is a more even matchup, away and against a playoff caliber team. It's a tall task but if we win, i'll begin to think that we're legit.

-9fA
  • cools
  • Veteran
I think we are going to have a hard time running the ball against them,
I hope to see alot of dump off passes to Frank and Vern, and get Morgan some balls too
Quote:

That said, go Niners!!!

Shanghai'D

Statistically, they are similar as well. According to MM's twitter:

"Looking ahead, two evenly matched (statistically) teams. 49ers: Off 25th, Def 10th; Vikings: Off 26th, Def 5th. Both teams are 2-0."
[ Edited by 49Crabs on Sep 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM ]

I think we can definitely WIN this matchup. If you remember... The last time we played the Minnesota Vikings, we limited Adrian Peterson to just 3 RUSHING YARDS on 14 ATTEMPTS! Also, as you all know, last season we beat Brett Favre and the Jets. WE CAN WIN THIS GAME!!! I believe in this team...DO YOU?

im worried to tell yall the truth. 1st gm at 1 ET 10 AM pacific and we gotta stop ap and even chester taylor. also if raye doesnt stay awake the whole gm this can get ugly quick with our willingness to try to run over and over again against the williamses and the rest of that d. raye needs to open the damn book and hill and the receivers need to make plays. if not i see our d on the field way too long and an ugly gm
Originally posted by King49er:
3-0 next week...and I don't mean for the Vikings....f**k Brett Favre

hell yeah. lets go 3-0.
we just need to limit our turnovers and play stout D. i know the vikes are going to come out fast in that stadium but if we weather the storm we can take care of business and i believe we will.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think we can definitely WIN this matchup. If you remember... The last time we played the Minnesota Vikings, we limited Adrian Peterson to just 3 RUSHING YARDS on 14 ATTEMPTS! Also, as you all know, last season we beat Brett Favre and the Jets. WE CAN WIN THIS GAME!!! I believe in this team...DO YOU?

Hey the team just played two good games ------ I can easily see another. I expect another tough game ------ where we prevail.
Share 49ersWebzone