LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think we can definitely WIN this matchup. If you remember... The last time we played the Minnesota Vikings, we limited Adrian Peterson to just 3 RUSHING YARDS on 14 ATTEMPTS! Also, as you all know, last season we beat Brett Favre and the Jets. WE CAN WIN THIS GAME!!! I believe in this team...DO YOU?

Different seasons, but yes, I'm with you here.
I agree with some of the posters on here, if the Lions can hang with them, why can't we. If we can contain Perterson, which I think Willis can, we should be in for a close game....

Go 9ers!!!!!!
Our run defense has been great so far! So if everything plays out right we have this game!

to 3-0
I thought for sure we would lose this game but now I have my doubts. If we can stop Peterson which we have done before, its going to be a point struggle for both teams. The Vikings D have a great defense so our offense will struggle. If we stick with the gameplan with not turning the ball over we will have a chance.
our defense ranks 9th

could be higher after the colts game
So far so good. I'd really like to see them get after Favre in a big way.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I respect Brett Favre very much as a QB, he's one of the better ones to ever play the game. That said, I hope Patrick Willis hits him so damn hard that his f**king head pops off....

It'll be interesting to see if we can run on the Vikings but I also echo your sentiments.........I want someone to lay Favre out too

Originally posted by teeohh:
our defense ranks 9th

9th in YPG, 7th in YPP, and 5th in PPG
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Interesting note on Favre

He is notorious for having bad games inside dome stadiums. His worst is the Metrodome with a lifetime 3-9 record. Will be interesting to see how he does in now his home stadium.
Next week we could go 3 and ZERO, who'd have thought about that and we have a chance to do so sending that fossil back to the sidelines. I think he is already hearing the terror that is the P-52 flying in to get him.

Do you think we get to Favre next week? I think we will. Go NINERS!!

AP go better than he was in his Rookie season, but so did Patrick Willis.

This will be very interesting.

Favre probaly still has nightmares when somebody mentiones Justin Smith.

AP surely wants revenge on Patrick Willis, yet there will be no revenge, they may decide to run away from him just to find Spikes waiting.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by teeohh:
our defense ranks 9th

9th in YPG, 7th in YPP, and 5th in PPG

we rank 3rd in rushing yards allowed per game with 53.

Minnesota ranks 15th with 109.
more likely nightmares of Justin Smith
I doubt it. They freeze him in carbonite after every game. He has no idea what's going on.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I doubt it. They freeze him in carbonite after every game. He has no idea what's going on.

LOL.

Wow, here's the proof too...
[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:29 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone