LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Do we conisder this a moral victory??

I mean the majority of America said we would get our ass kicked. Will this just our guys stronger?
Originally posted by meickue:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
If we signed Crabtree, we would never use him.

Exactly, why are we making a big fuss over crabtree if we are going to run all the time. I don't blame for wanting to go to pass happy team. Release him we are not going to use him anyway

in retrospect, Michael Oher looks so good.
I just don't understand how on that final Niners drive you don't look for VD once. Especially since they had such success with that the drive before. Why take your foot off the gas if you found something you can exploit? That's what makes teams championship contenders. You go for the kill. Still at the end of the day the defense gave up the game
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

not the point you at least try to get the first u dnt just give up and give them the win. we blew it that last drive with out playcalling plain and simple man.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Man this lost REALLY hurts after a great performance by our D they stall when we needed em the most

but am glad that we can stick together when it gets tough throught the game & we dont give up
These 09' niners are waaaay better then the 08' niners

THIS IS STILL OUR DIVISION

remember ppl we CANT win them all

U WIN SOME U LOSE SOME!!

ACTUALLY... we had this game... we really did
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I watched it on TVU....it was fuzzy and grainy....but it initially appeared to me that the Viking WR was on the line.....yet, none of the replays were definitive. It was close, too close, and it seemed like they left endline cam out of the replays.

The announcers were clearly biased in favor of the Vikings and wanted this to count really bad....so they started saying "good catch" even before the first replay. Then the replays they showed were crap....partially blocked.

But I swear I saw his foot hit the line.

Well....too late though, it's a loss.

The refs were absolute crap. They needed to be challenged in order to admit that Farve was over the line (obvious illegal forward pass) and then they had that BS call against Spencer which basically gave Favre a free FG.
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
You guys are morons if you blame raye. The Viking had 3 TO and the niners ran plays to make them burn them. an incomplete pass stops the clock. This loss is solely on the defense

And yet that defense doesn't come up with the play to win the game
I disagree with you, the only reason we had a chance to win was the defense.
Guys relax... it sucks, I am shocked, but we have to remain positive. It's early in the season. We gave away a game on the road against a tough team many are expecting to be super bowl contenders. We're 2-1 and get the lambs next week. We have a great chance to be 3-1 and lead our division. This is a crushing defeat, there are some things to fix definatley, but it's becoming more clear that we are for real. These kind of losses happen to both good teams and bad, but now it's time to bounce back and show our perseverance.
we sure let favre beat us with his arm alright

We will meet again Viking's and Farve we will meet again count on it! You won today's game but it's not over.
[ Edited by luis1985 on Sep 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Heartbroken.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What did you expect us to go 16-0?

A loss like this will only make us better.

We are forging the Niner machine through hard work and struggle.

Need faith like flowing water younguns...not raging fire :)

just wondering something..if we don't make the playoffs because we are a win short, then does it really make us better?
The touchdown by Favre was legit.

He did have both feet in bounds.

-9fA
That play calling on the last drive by Raye was absolutely appalling. It's been like that the past two weeks when we had a chance to run the clock out, and we finally got bit in the ass with it.

Dive, dive, dive. Not going to work when you have the Williamses in the middle there.

Share 49ersWebzone