LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I plan on hanging out on here this week and reading some threads/posts and talking football with some of the 49ers fans so I have a better idea of what to look for come game day. If anybody has any questions about the seahawks I will do my best to answer them from a hawks fans perspective.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Maybe this year, we will actually cover Carlson. Eff you dumb Nolan! Your opponent has literally ZERO WRs and you still don't double their best TE who has already torched you for 3 quarters AND you are still playing the big nickel against ZERO WRs?

My point exactly. lol
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
I plan on hanging out on here this week and reading some threads/posts and talking football with some of the 49ers fans so I have a better idea of what to look for come game day. If anybody has any questions about the seahawks I will do my best to answer them from a hawks fans perspective.

actually I was on your forums doing the same... nice to have you here..
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Just read were some Seattle fans are saying Curry is better than Willis...Ahhh not in this world,not on any given Sunday, Not now not ever ...
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Welcome bro.
Lets start with a test of your football IQ, you can establish some credibility, a question about the Hawks.

Who's better, Curry or Willis?
I expect this will be the game where the o-line redeem themselves, and opens up this power run game the offense is supposed to be all about.

I also expect that this will be the game where the defense continues it's dominance with Singletary playing as the 12th man.

AND I FULLY EXPECT THIS TO BE THE GAME WHERE CANDLESTICK PARK WILL BE AT IT'S LOUDEST!!!!

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonder if brandon jones will play
I hope we come out & pass 1st to set up the run to help get us in a rhythm. I think our defense will be ready to play as long as Manusky has a plan to stop Carlson.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
anyone know how their Oline compares to Zona?

If we were abusing the Tards line, I would hope we could get a good pass rush on hasselbeck, since he doesn't get as rattled as Warner does once you get in his face...

I don't know how our o-line compares to the card o-line because I haven't really looked at them yet, but here were my thoughts about our o-line before the rams game:

That starting unit didn't really get established until about the last week of the preseason so they definately missed out on a lot of reps as a unit. At least from the center postion thru RT. Lock has been playing LT since the OTAs in the spring and simms has been at LG since the start of camp since wahle retired just before camp started. Willis has played a fair amount at RT as well, but I don't actually remember when they confirmed that he was the guy at that spot. They had talked about him taking that spot and moving lock to RG though. Vallos and unger at center and RG respectively were tossed around back and forth in there for a while until a decision was actually made. So for me its a tough call. I can see them coming out and playing well because they knew so early on about the injuries. But at the same time I can see it being a train wreck because its a new scheme, unger is a rookie, and the last couple spots on the line were set so late in camp. I have faith that solari will have those guys prepped and ready to go. But they still have to prove that they can do it.

With all that said they did not give up a sack and the running game showed signs of life so I feel better about them now than I did before game one.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope we come out & pass 1st to set up the run to help get us in a rhythm. I think our defense will be ready to play as long as Manusky has a plan to stop Carlson.

Personally, I think we should take some shots down the field right off the bat. Their secondary is far from stellar by any means any damn ways. Probably their weakest spot on that D. There's a good chance we connect. If we don't connect, we have at least started stretching the field out right from the get go in case they think they are just gonna stack the box all day long.

Originally posted by Blitz:

Welcome bro.
Lets start with a test of your football IQ, you can establish some credibility, a question about the Hawks.

Who's better, Curry or Willis?

My honest opinion is that its too early to tell. I know curry had a lot of hype coming out of college but then again so did the boz. But he did look good in his first game even after being late to training camp and missing a week during camp due to injury. So I think it will be a little more fair to ask that question in two or three years. After he has had a chance to prove what type of player he is going to be in this league.

jk.

How did Hasselbeck look? I didnt watch that game cuz i was watching the niners, but i heard he struggled early in the game.

Also how is your defense looking?
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Personally, I think we should take some shots down the field right off the bat. Their secondary is far from stellar by any means any damn ways. Probably their weakest spot on that D. There's a good chance we connect. If we don't connect, we have at least started stretching the field out right from the get go in case they think they are just gonna stack the box all day long.

I agree, they are expecting us to run so why not throw the ball downfield right off the bat, not deep throws but a couple of PA's to keep them on their feet.

The play calling against AZ was just wayy to predictable
lets go niners!!! beat those seachickens lol.
Originally posted by servegmo:

actually I was on your forums doing the same... nice to have you here..

Thanks for the welcomes guys. What site are you going to servegmo? I like seahawkblue.com. If you go over there you will get some haters, but for the most part they are pretty cool in talking to other fans.
Share 49ersWebzone