LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
this is going to be a great game. we can't look past the hawks. especially with a healthy hasselbeck. if we shut down julius, i like our chances. on the other hand, i can see them shutting down gore like the cards did. they will stack the box and force us to pass.

i can't wait for this sh1t!!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Hawks fans are the only ones that visit us every season.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:

I don't mind it. As long as they don't trash our squad and talk a bunch of s**t. I like to hear what opposing fan bases have to say about the upcoming game(s).
Originally posted by cNiner:
i hope we don't take them lightly , I hope we bring our A game pass rush included and OL needs to improve drmaticly so Gore can Gore them like he did 2 years ago !

I can't see them taking a division rival that's coming off a dominant performance lightly. They will be ready
Originally posted by Dino:
this is going to be a great game. we can't look past the hawks. especially with a healthy hasselbeck. if we shut down julius, i like our chances. on the other hand, i can see them shutting down gore like the cards did. they will stack the box and force us to pass.

I know perception is that gore got shutdown, but he did manage to get the only stats that count. Points on the board. So I would not call a bad day for him necessarily.

Also, I am suprised other fans don't do this kind of thing. I just started this year and I think its great. Good way to learn about your upcoming opponent. I did it with the rams fans last week over at realramsfans.com. They were not too bad for the most part but you guys have been much more hospitable so far.

They brought up a perception about hawks fans on there that I had not heard before and I would like to get your take on it. Several of them said many times that the seahawks fans were the least knowledgable fans in football. I don't know how you would measure that, but is that the general feeling about hawks fans down in SF?
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

I know perception is that gore got shutdown, but he did manage to get the only stats that count. Points on the board. So I would not call a bad day for him necessarily.

Also, I am suprised other fans don't do this kind of thing. I just started this year and I think its great. Good way to learn about your upcoming opponent. I did it with the rams fans last week over at realramsfans.com. They were not too bad for the most part but you guys have been much more hospitable so far.

They brought up a perception about hawks fans on there that I had not heard before and I would like to get your take on it. Several of them said many times that the seahawks fans were the least knowledgable fans in football. I don't know how you would measure that, but is that the general feeling about hawks fans down in SF?

No Bronco fans are the least knowledgable fans in all of sports
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:

I don't mind it. As long as they don't trash our squad and talk a bunch of s**t. I like to hear what opposing fan bases have to say about the upcoming game(s).

Doesn't bother me, for the most part they are all very civil.
Why do you think the broncos fans are? I just don't get the concept here. I think in every fan base there are people that just don't get it and then there are those who really know their stuff. It seems like the people within a fan base that have the least knowlege about the game or their team are the ones that have the most inflammatory things to say though.

The feeling I get from niner fans towards Seahawks fans is one of respect, moreso than towards Cardinals or Rams fans at least. I don't think many niner fans (myself definitely included) take the Cardinals or Rams seriously, but are wary of the threat the Seahawks pose.

Not that we think you know more than we do (5 Rings, no losses; as compared to 1 appearance. Plus the coach that took you to that Super Bowl learned all he knew from us.), but we hold your fanbase in much higher regard than the Cards or Rams fans.
Why do you think the broncos fans are? I just don't get the concept here. I think in every fan base there are people that just don't get it and then there are those who really know their stuff. It seems like the people within a fan base that have the least knowlege about the game or their team are the ones that have the most inflammatory things to say though.

Ive lived in colorado for 13 years and i never came across a bronco fan with knowledge of the game. Ill give you an example

I have a buddy who still lives in Colorado who is a niner fan but all of his co-workers are bronco fans, On Monday he and his co-workers were talking football, and the Bronco fans brought up how clutch Kyle Orton was on that final drive that one the game, and my buddy was confused thinking they were joking around, but they were being serious, they claim orton read the defense knew he didnt have a chance to get it to marshall so he under threw the ball to get it deflected cuz he saw Stokley there.

I wish i was making this up but they argued this point he said all day. That is the majority of Bronco fans they are sad bunch of people who need to vanish from the face of this earth

Originally posted by valrod33:
they claim orton read the defense knew he didnt have a chance to get it to marshall so he under threw the ball to get it deflected cuz he saw Stokley there.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
they claim orton read the defense knew he didnt have a chance to get it to marshall so he under threw the ball to get it deflected cuz he saw Stokley there.

That play is called: the anaxation of puerto rico
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

That play is called: the anaxation of puerto rico

LOL nice
what does that mean
teeohh,

That was written because I had read something on one of the posts on here that was talking about the 49ers being 1 1/2 point favorites for the game and the person that had posted it expressed that they thought it was great the the 49ers were favored. I responded to that by posting something I had read on another site that dealt with the same issue. I had said at the beginning of my response that I was not trying to be a dick and that I was just offering a counter point to them being favored by 1 1/2 points as not necessarily being a good thing. Better than the dog I suppose though. Its on here somewhere. He was just playing around with what I had said.
nah I mean the buzzsaw thing

to me the imagery brings up that the hawks are gonna get smashed, but that doesn't make sense cuz that wouldn't make you a dick

i'm just confused about the phrase
I'd say Raider fans are stupid

(actual conversation with a raider fan a couple years ago)

"niners suck"

"raiders haven't even won a game"

"yeah but we have randy moss"

Share 49ersWebzone