LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by servegmo:
man this game is going to be huge for both teams.. I am resallly exited for this game...

Me too! I love football season. Did you get a chance to check out the blue?

yeah thanks!!! I already added to my favorites... looking foward to reading it all this week..
quote]

It means that if we were playing the Hawks at home you would be favored by 2.5. Alls I'm saying is that the betting public is slightly favoring the 49ers in this one, but at this stage in the week Vegas considers our two teams pretty much equal. Given Vegas' unfavorable recent history against the Niners (and rightly so) I'll take being the favorite at home.

Now all we have to do is live up to it, which I personally don't see it as being a problem. Not trying to be a dick, but the Hawks are going to run into a buzzsaw on Sunday IMO.
Thanks for the clarification. The game line aspect of the sport is really not my thing.
I was just regurgitating what I had read earlier.
quote]

It means that if we were playing the Hawks at home you would be favored by 2.5. Alls I'm saying is that the betting public is slightly favoring the 49ers in this one, but at this stage in the week Vegas considers our two teams pretty much equal. Given Vegas' unfavorable recent history against the Niners (and rightly so) I'll take being the favorite at home.

Now all we have to do is live up to it, which I personally don't see it as being a problem. Not trying to be a dick, but the Hawks are going to run into a buzzsaw on Sunday IMO.

Thanks for the clarification. The game line aspect of the sport is really not my thing.
welcome to the board. Im glad youre on here im too lazy to actually go to seahawk forums and talk turkey with fans . but i always find most fans who drift in and out of other teams forums are usually quite intelligent ad rational. so glad you here. with that:

im not entirely convinced with our pass rush. against Az i think maybe theyre Oline did a bad job with passing just like ours did with the run. maybe its jus opening season jitters or rust or whatever. I hear Seahawks oline is kinda shaky. your LT would be matched up against haralson i belive. if its not jones playing. (BTW love Jones SEMINOLES FOR THE WIN!) thats might not be a great matchup or the next guy in line. and justin smith on ur right side how do you think you guys match up there?

i really like Curry i just think he has some weaknesse as in coeage and i think the niners will try to get Davis on him alot if they can. how does his pass defense look?

I think if Nate plays sharp housh might get even less yards than he did against the rams. but its Carlson im really worreid about. that kid can flat out ball. If they put Willis on him i think Carlson might be able to outleap him and still Willis is a lil soft in coverage so that might be a big night for him.

ur D line with jackson is looking good. against rachal and Snyder he might do a pretty good job. but how the rest of the line looking? how bout in the run game? id idnt see the rams game but how well did u lock out Jackson?

good lookin out
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:17 PM ]
  • fusillade
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
...for a while i really hated hawks fans after i saw one of them on one of your sites bragging about and being happy about frank gores mom dying. that really made me mad. but you seem alright. welcome to the wz.

First let me express that while I have read the dialog between Hawksfan81 and the forum I say that you, as a whole, are a class group. I like Hawksfan81 am a fan of the Seahawks, and I am reading this forum to get a take on the 49ers fans perspective of this week's game.

Secondly when I read that some Seahawk fan stated that he was happy that Frank Gore's mom had passed I was incensed and had to say that he was not representative of my view. Nor do I believe that the majority of `Hawks fans feel this way. If I could apologize for that person I would, but alas I can't.

As it is, I hope for the best for Gore and his family, and I hope for a great game Sunday.
  • fusillade
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:
what's wrong with spencer?

Chris Spencer (the Seahawks center) is out 4-6 weeks with a slight tear in his quadriceps muscle.

Here a link to the Seattle Times article if you are interested.
Originally posted by fusillade:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
...for a while i really hated hawks fans after i saw one of them on one of your sites bragging about and being happy about frank gores mom dying. that really made me mad. but you seem alright. welcome to the wz.

First let me express that while I have read the dialog between Hawksfan81 and the forum I say that you, as a whole, are a class group. I like Hawksfan81 am a fan of the Seahawks, and I am reading this forum to get a take on the 49ers fans perspective of this week's game.

Secondly when I read that some Seahawk fan stated that he was happy that Frank Gore's mom had passed I was incensed and had to say that he was not representative of my view. Nor do I believe that the majority of `Hawks fans feel this way. If I could apologize for that person I would, but alas I can't.

As it is, I hope for the best for Gore and his family, and I hope for a great game Sunday.

hey man great having you here and thanks for sharing your info.. sunday will be a great game I think we are all very exited for you guys comming down here it will be a great measuring stick for both teams...
  • fusillade
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
I hear Seahawks oline is kinda shaky... thats might not be a great matchup or the next guy in line. and justin smith on ur right side how do you think you guys match up there?

The offensive line has been in flux since halfway thought last year. By the end of the `08 season Seattle didn't have an opening day offensive line starter on the field. Left tackle Walter Jones had micro-fracture surgery on his knee early in the off season, and the recovery extended into the training camp and preseason. Walter Jones never made it onto the field but ended up going under the knife on August 21 to clear out some "loose bodies" and some scar tissue.

After the second game of the preseason against the Denver Broncos, Seattle's starting center Chris Spencer was diagnosed with a small tear in his quadriceps muscle and has been out ever since.

Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times reported in his blog today that both Jones and Spencer should be on the practice field this week, but it is not known whether either one will be available for the game.

Many Seahawks fan are hoping that Jones makes it back, but many would prefer that Spencer take his time. Spencer has the physical tools, but his line calls are suspect. Steve Vallos, the back up center, has been filling in, and his line calls have evidently been accurate as Matt Hasselbeck has had time to throw the ball.

Frankly I doubt that either Jones or Spencer will be in the line-up this Sunday. If that is the case this is the likely starting offensive line; LT Sean Locklear, LG Rob Simms, C Steve Vallos, RG Max Unger (R), RT Ray Willis. This is a relatively young line averaging three years of NFL experience. Still they performed well against the Rams, but as everyone says, "They are the Rams. "

i really like Curry i just think he has some weaknesse as in coeage and i think the niners will try to get Davis on him alot if they can. how does his pass defense look?
Curry performed very well in his first game. He is a very intense, very physical player. On one play, as Curry was pursuing Steven Jackson down the line, Curry lifted Jackson off his feet as he made the tackle. Still it took him a while to get comfortable in the pre-season as one would expect for a rookie. Only during the final game against the Raiders did he seem to appear comfortable. It transferred to opening day though, and Curry looks like a fast study.

During the Rams game Curry didn't record any pass defenses, so I can't give you a breakdown of how he performs in coverage.

ur D line with jackson is looking good. against rachal and Snyder he might do a pretty good job. but how the rest of the line looking? how bout in the run game? id idnt see the rams game but how well did u lock out Jackson?
Lawrence Jackson had a decent game last week, and Seahawk fans were relieved to see it. As a first round draft pick in `08 his 29 tackles and 2 sacks last year were less that what was hoped for. With as much time as the Seahawks' defense spent on the field in `08 one would expect more. Some of us have our reservations regarding Jackson, and we will see what happens with Jackson over the next three games.

Regarding the rest of the defensive line; the addition of Colin Cole (from Green Bay) has added a big body that demands the attention of a double team. The defensive stunts start with him, yet the defense appeared to run "vanilla" plays against the Rams.

Julian Peterson is gone to the Lions in a trade for Corey Redding. Redding has been placed on the left side of the defensive line and Patrick Kerney has moved over to the right side where it is hoped that Kerney will be able to get the sacks totals he had before the `Hawks signed JP. This unit appeared to play well against the run Sunday as Stephen Jackson only posted 67 yards rushing in 16 attempts. Do the math though and that works out to a 4.19 yards-per-attempt, so perhaps the Rams abandoned to run to early because they were down by 14 at the half.
_
[ Edited by fusillade on Sep 16, 2009 at 7:18 AM ]
  • fusillade
  • Info N/A
hey man great having you here and thanks for sharing your info.. sunday will be a great game I think we are all very exited for you guys comming down here it will be a great measuring stick for both teams...

Thank you for the welcome.

I agree that we all hope for a great game, and that this is a early test for both teams. I am hoping for a great game this Sunday as well and a great season for the entire NFC West. It is time that some NFL respect is shifted to the West!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fusillade:

Thank you for the welcome.

I agree that we all hope for a great game, and that this is a early test for both teams. I am hoping for a great game this Sunday as well and a great season for the entire NFC West. It is time that some NFL respect is shifted to the West!

The NFC West should be competitive this year (with the exception of the Rams).
WOOOO

Willis >>>>>>>>>>>>> Curry

Hawks' fans need to get it right
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Willis >>>>>>>>>>>>> Curry

Hawks' fans need to get it right

Willis is in his third year, been in the pro bowl every year he has played

Curry is a rookie

few years in the league is needed before the 2 are mentioned together.
quote]

what does that mean
i hope we don't take them lightly , I hope we bring our A game pass rush included and OL needs to improve drmaticly so Gore can Gore them like he did 2 years ago !
what does that mean
teeohh,

That was written because I had read something on one of the posts on here that was talking about the 49ers being 1 1/2 point favorites for the game and the person that had posted it expressed that they thought it was great the the 49ers were favored. I responded to that by posting something I had read on another site that dealt with the same issue. I had said at the beginning of my response that I was not trying to be a dick and that I was just offering a counter point to them being favored by 1 1/2 points as not necessarily being a good thing. Better than the dog I suppose though. Its on here somewhere. He was just playing around with what I had said.
[ Edited by Hawksfan81 on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone