There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by King49er:
Well we are going to get killed. shaun better play better than against the raiders. that performance last week was like watching a cow giving birth on the field, real disgusting and just awful. or like watching the hills or big brother or some other joke of a reality show.
or like going down on a chick?

actually probably like going down on a guy, have softened my stance on the women!

seriously it was an awful game and he didnt look great vs denver either. i hope he reverts to how he played last year but he looks like he has regressed a lot lately and i dislike it a lot.

I don't think it's him, I think it's the passing game as a whole, it hasn't looked the greatest, hopefully it's ready for opening day though
How long do you think the starters will play for? I am thinking a full half and some starters (not all) playing into the 3rd quarter
Originally posted by backontop:
How long do you think the starters will play for? I am thinking a full half and some starters (not all) playing into the 3rd quarter

We should play about 3 quarters or as long as the Dallas starters play.
Now that Hill has been named the starter, I'd like to see him tear it up against the cowgirls.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Now that Hill has been named the starter, I'd like to see him tear it up against the cowgirls.

I'm hoping to see Gore in full strength and averaging 6 per pop. We have no idea if he can still match that 2006 season.

only way that even becomes possible is if the run game is struggling and the team needs to rely on the passing game.
Well we are going to get killed. shaun better play better than against the raiders. that performance last week was like watching a cow giving birth on the field, real disgusting and just awful. or like watching the hills or big brother or some other joke of a reality show.
or like going down on a chick?
actually probably like going down on a guy, have softened my stance on the women! seriously it was an awful game and he didnt look great vs denver either. i hope he reverts to how he played last year but he looks like he has regressed a lot lately and i dislike it a lot.
I don't think it's him, I think it's the passing game as a whole, it hasn't looked the greatest, hopefully it's ready for opening day though

yea i hope they are ready. its not even that i wanted smith tn beat hill or i dislike shaun, i just wanted tn see one guy play really well and grab the competition by the throat but that didnt happen so oh well. shaun is the guy and its up to him to play well again. i hope he does but after the whole jt ordeal im going to wait until he consistently plays well and the 9ers are winning before i say hes the man.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'm hoping to see Gore in full strength and averaging 6 per pop. We have no idea if he can still match that 2006 season.

im hoping for 40 yards a pop. 15 of those a game and we're set.

seriously tho, gore will go a series, maybe less. Coffee has been doing so well, gore won't need to play. I'd personally like to see Coffee and MRob in the backfield at the same time and some more of sheets.

Let Davis start the 4th game rest most of the starters.
So how many time is Andy Lee gonna hit the big screen.
Originally posted by susweel:

If it's not raised by this weekends game, I say 3 times...

none b/c we wont have to punt when we scored TDS!!
Originally posted by kidash98:

I dont think its gonna be raised so quickly, I hear its a lot of work and cost a lot of money. I think Lee will hit it a couple of times. If Eddie D still owned the team I bet he would tell Lee to hit it every time. On the other hand I think the Dallas punter will do everything possible to stay away from it.
Originally posted by kidash98:

I dont think its gonna be raised so quickly, I hear its a lot of work and cost a lot of money. I think Lee will hit it a couple of times. If Eddie D still owned the team I bet he would tell Lee to hit it every time. On the other hand I think the Dallas punter will do everything possible to stay away from it.

Although I can understand J Jones stance on the matter, they still should have tested the location of the monitors when punting before deciding on how high it should go, rules or not...

The Dallas Game Will Be The Gauge For The 2009 Season

People, I don't mean to be debbie downer, but stop going crazy about how good our run offense was. Let's not forget that the Bronco and Raider Run Defenses were two of the worst in 2008. So.. we ran over them like man. Although, they both have good DBs.. and we couldn't throw on them for crap..

This week, against Dallas, we will get a fair assessment of where we are at.. in my opinion. Dallas is an all right team. Pass, Run, Offense, Defense. Not the best, but well rounded. If we run over them like mad, then get excited for this years run offense. If we can't, then we still have question marks. If we can't throw on them, then our pass offense is in deep trouble, because their pass d is mediocre at best.

For me, I'm looking at this.. Can we still run good? Can we actually complete passes? We couldn't pass worth jack the past two games. Cross your fingers... :)
Since it is the 3rd (and the one where the starters play the most) it will be an interesting game. I too want to see if we can generate any presure, stop the run
and defend a decent offense.

With Marvel Smith playing ROT, I want to see how he can hold up. I also want to see if we can sustain or ground game, and hit some passing.

I agree this will be a better test.

But, against a pretty good passing team last year with sound receivers named Fitzgerald and Boldin we did pretty good and I expect we should be better this year.