There are 194 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. DALLAS COWBOYS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
A preseason game will be the gauge of the season.

Uhm....okay.
[ Edited by kray28 on Aug 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM ]
The third preseason game is typically the one that teams come closest to playing like it's a regular season game, so it will be more telling than the first two games. This game is also going to be the first game where Hill has been named the starter, so we'll see what a week's worth of first team snaps translates to on the field. This is also the first time this season where the 9ers are playing a team that could be a playoff team, so that's going to be interesting too. And of course it's going to be interesting to see if Andy Lee can hit the video screen. I'm guessing that he will.
Originally posted by kray28:
A preseason game will be the gauge of the season.

Uhm....okay.

Of course! Ask Lions fans how preseason games are an indicator of regular season success!
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by susweel:
So how many time is Andy Lee gonna hit the big screen.

If it's not raised by this weekends game, I say 3 times...

I dont think its gonna be raised so quickly, I hear its a lot of work and cost a lot of money. I think Lee will hit it a couple of times. If Eddie D still owned the team I bet he would tell Lee to hit it every time. On the other hand I think the Dallas punter will do everything possible to stay away from it.

Although I can understand J Jones stance on the matter, they still should have tested the location of the monitors when punting before deciding on how high it should go, rules or not...

If it keeps being a problem do you see the NFL making Jones change the height to where it does not abstruct the ball when punted?
I bet 20 bucks on the first half with a friend of mine who is a Cowboys fan. Was that dum of me? I live in Texas so this is a big deal for me even if its just preseason.
DESTYROY THOSE COWF___ERS!
So how many time is Andy Lee gonna hit the big screen.

If it's not raised by this weekends game, I say 3 times...

I can't wait to see the cut-away of Jerry Jones after Andy hits it the third time.
Raiders blew out Cowboys=preseason game=no scheme=meaningless
it is preseason. The only thing it gauges is the rookie talent
  • carl
  • Veteran
I wouldn't say that this game is anything but a test of our players raw talents. There will be zero scheming and probably a handful over overload blitz packages. Otherwise we'll be playing that soft zone that we've been using most of the first two preseason games. And I would expect Dallas to do the same. As for offense, you'll see lots of generic routes with minimal adjustments.

If *I* want an idea how we'll be regular season, I'll look to week 1. Until then, I'm looking at our last 8 games.

Uhmmm.... the first regular season game against the Cards will be the true tell tale.
I want to see our team do good as a whole so we can get ready for the Cardinaals!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Now that Hill has been named the starter, I'd like to see him tear it up against the cowgirls.
only way that even becomes possible is if the run game is struggling and the team needs to rely on the passing game.

i kind of hope it does so we get to see our recievers vs their secondary and our ol vs a good pass rush.
Jerry Jones is a butt-dart.
Mane, f**k the cowboys!! Its on NFL Network at 4pm ct on sunday!!
Share 49ersWebzone