There are 206 users in the forums

I see the post but not the poll. Pay him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I see the post but not the poll. Pay him?

i say this, which is more important your contract or being with the team. it´s funny how you have soo many pulling for crab to get in the camp, even publicly saying soo, and he still aint there.

i understand its all about da benjamins, but he´s on that could of, should of, would of, and if he´s on that basis, then he deserves to sit for as long as he has too.

he was chosen 10th so get over it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pay him for being like the number 10 pick that he is. Nothing more nothing less.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
One thing to note on this is DHB got a 20% raise compared to last year's 7th selection. Part of me just wants to pay him get this over with, but you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. This year's 11th pick Brian Orakpo got a 5 year deal 20 million dollar deal with 12.1 guaranteed. Last year's pick 10th pick Jerod Mayo got a 5 year deal worth 18.9 million dollars and 13.8 guaranteed. I don't how you can justify giving Crabtree 24 million dollars guaranteed? I'm all for paying Crabs and getting him in camp, but at some point value has to be in the discussion.

Let him sit for now and hopefully we meet somewhere in the middle. Obviously he's going to get a significant raise compared to last year's 10 selection.

This is the reason why rookie salaries keep getting larger. The problem are the teams that keep giving these rookies year after year. They're putting it all on themselves.
Make him sit.

But I wish there was a rookie pay scale ala the NBA. This holdout stuff gets annoying.
Don't forget the Raiders overpay for everyone and everything.
Originally posted by susweel:
Pay him for being like the number 10 pick that he is. Nothing more nothing less.

I totally agree. Right now it appears nobody between 8 and 12 has signed.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
It's hard to decide. I said make him sit, because we shouldn't overpay for a player who may or may not be worth the money. The WR position has a high bust rate. He hasn't done s**t in the NFL.
One thing to note on this is DHB got a 20% raise compared to last year's 7th selection. Part of me just wants to pay him get this over with, but you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. This year's 11th pick Brian Orakpo got a 5 year deal 20 million dollar deal with 12.1 guaranteed. Last year's pick 10th pick Jerod Mayo got a 5 year deal worth 18.9 million dollars and 13.8 guaranteed. I don't how you can justify giving Crabtree 24 million dollars guaranteed? I'm all for paying Crabs and getting him in camp, but at some point value has to be in the discussion.

Let him sit for now and hopefully we meet somewhere in the middle. Obviously he's going to get a significant raise compared to last year's 10 selection.

Aaron Maybin was the 11th pick, not Orakpo.
Pay him for what he's worth, and no more than that. He'll ultimately sign.
Originally posted by 24KGold:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
We all know the story. We've all heard the details. What's your opinion? Do we pay Crabs? I say Hell No.

I say Hell Yeah! Pay Crabtree and get him to camp ASAP! I would give him a nice signing bonus (enough to keep him happy), then base his salary primarily on performance incentives. He'll have the ability to make Top 5 Pick money based on his performance throughout the extent of his 4-5 year contract.

In my opinion, Crabtree is a phenom and can be a Larry Fitzgerald-type football player. Just imagine when we get into the Red Zone and we have the options to either throw to Crabtree or run Frank Gore. That's what Crabtree can do for our offense.

This guy will make an immediate impact just in Red Zone presence alone.

When he start performing like Fitzgerald, pay him like Fitzgerald. Until then he should be payed like the 10th pick of the draft and no more.

• krizay
  • Veteran
When you sign Free agents you don't base the contract on what other teams are paying players. You don't base it on what so & so got last year. If that was the case Clements and Jennings wouldn't be 9ers. They had to pay them what they are worth or what they think he's worth.

Does Scotty Mc think he's a a #10 pick?

Quote:
Q: Talk about Crabtree, was there any way you imagined him falling to you? How quickly was that decision made?

“I thought a little bit about it, because of the fact that he did not work out at the combine. He had the foot surgery. I thought that would be the only reason that he would make it to us, in this year’s crop of players up there. But, I really didn’t think it would happen. That’s a long way for a guy like that to fall. ”

Q: Where was he on your board?

“He was high. I don’t want to get into specifics, but he was definitely one of the higher guys.”

Apparently Scotty thought Crabtree was higher than a 10th pick. So why not pay him higher than the #10 pick. Scotty thought he was the best WR in the draft (one can only assume.) So pay him as the best WR in the draft.

You guys we're cool with Clements getting paid more than he's worth. Even though his play up to that point NEVER suggested he be the highest paid defensive player ever. You guys were cool with Jennings getting his contract.

If you thought he was the best WR in the draft, one of the top players in the draft, don't be afraid to pay him as such. JUST LIKE FREE AGENCY.
Originally posted by kronik:

Aaron Maybin was the 11th pick, not Orakpo.

My fault. Disregard that stat.
Pay him! I say pay/match him DHB money

Why not????

We paid Alice Smith #1 money without him proving anything....

[ Edited by ginseng1000 on Aug 2, 2009 at 13:27:05 ]
Originally posted by robduce42:

Looks like about $30 million with $18 million guaranteed for the 10 slot. Hard to imagine why he wouldn't take a package like that...

[ Edited by Yetiman on Aug 2, 2009 at 13:26:22 ]
Originally posted by robduce42:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Yup. Until they do...we can wait out Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone