LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Early Vegas Prediction: Niners 6-8 with 2 as Pick 'Em

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ninerhigh
  • Info N/A

No rosy future for the Niners in Vegas according to Pro Football Weekly reports which state that Lucky's R&S Book sees the following:

Niners win 6: Seattle here, St. Louis here, Atlanta here, Chicago here, Jacksonville here, and Detroit here.

Niners lose 8: at Arizona, at Minnesota, at Houston, at Indianapolis, Tennessee here, at Green Bay, at Seattle, and at Philadelphia

Niners pik 'em 2: Arizona here, at St. Louis

The only thing that makes Lucky's eyes better than ours is that they are willing to put their money on the line. Perhaps Sing will prove their vision wrong!
seems pretty fair. I would think we would be the favorite @ STL but who knows how much they will improve with a new coach, and @ SEA is always tough the way their stadium is built but I think we could pull that one out. The rest of the predictions look fair.
Originally posted by ninerhigh:

No rosy future for the Niners in Vegas according to Pro Football Weekly reports which state that Lucky's R&S Book sees the following:

Niners win 6: Seattle here, St. Louis here, Atlanta here, Chicago here, Jacksonville here, and Detroit here.

Niners lose 8: at Arizona, at Minnesota, at Houston, at Indianapolis, Tennessee here, at Green Bay, at Seattle, and at Philadelphia

The only thing that makes Lucky's eyes better than ours is that they are willing to put their money on the line. Perhaps Sing will prove their vision wrong!

Idk we win for sure in st louis i think we beat tenessee in SF they lost to much to b that good again. and i think will b a lot better on the road this year. 10-6 GO NINERS!!!
  • kem99
  • Veteran

Somewhere in that 7-9 to 9-7 range is probably a fair prediction. Interesting that they essentially have the 49ers going 7-1 or 6-2 at home (depending on how the AZ game goes) and 1-7 or 0-8 on the road (depending on how the Ram game goes). They are probably going to need to win at least 3 on the road to be in playoff contention.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A

I think the bolded ones are victories. Just hunches though.
If you split the pick-em games, the Niners have a 7-9 record, which is probably where they will finish the season.

Of course, once someone eventually posts a 'What will the Niners record be in 2009?", more than 80% of the board will have the team at 8-8 or better. The reason I make this statement is that each team's fans always overestimate their team's final record. The same should happen with our board.

The Niners are a year away from team a playoff caliber team.
Keep in mind that the Vegas odds makers are actually more into keeping the betting nearly equal for both teams rather than actually predicting who's going to win. So, they are essentially giving a view of what their betting customers believe as opposed to genuinely assessing what the 9ers final record is going to be. And of course this is even before the first preseason game, so it's largely a bunch of shots in the dark anyway at this time.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Keep in mind that the Vegas odds makers are actually more into keeping the betting nearly equal for both teams rather than actually predicting who's going to win. So, they are essentially giving a view of what their betting customers believe as opposed to genuinely assessing what the 9ers final record is going to be. And of course this is even before the first preseason game, so it's largely a bunch of shots in the dark anyway at this time.

I don't think that is entirely true. Vegas opening lines establishes a starting point for tbe betting public...not the other way around. While you are right there intention is to keep all bets even they employ professional football handicappers and mathematicians to establish that the betting public won't largely refute. Tis is not a shot in the dark.

It is no coincidence that some of the more educated zoners all predict the Niners to go 7-9 thru 9-7. I have been thinking 7-9 for months now.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

I don't think that is entirely true. Vegas opening lines establishes a starting point for tbe betting public...not the other way around. While you are right there intention is to keep all bets even they employ professional football handicappers and mathematicians to establish that the betting public won't largely refute. Tis is not a shot in the dark.

It is no coincidence that some of the more educated zoners all predict the Niners to go 7-9 thru 9-7. I have been thinking 7-9 for months now.

I made this months ago.
Quote:
49ers
@ ARI L 0-1 can't keep up offensively
vs SEA W 1-1 we put on a show for opener
@ MIN L 1-2 contain AP, but their D smashes us
vs. STL W 2-2 they are simply outclassed
vs. ATL W 3-2 comes down to Gore vs. Turner, we win
BYE
@ HOU L 3-3 Andre Johnson wins it in OT
@ IND L 3-4 in the past we would have been blown out, not this time
vs TEN L 3-5 this is the team we are trying to become
vs CHI W 4-5 Shaun Hill pulls off a final drive for winning TD
@ GB L 4-6 Rodgers gets his revenge, or a big THANKYOU...you be the judge
vs JAC W 5-6 best defensive game of the year
@ SEA L 5-7 comes down to turnovers, Hasselbeck beats us
vs. ARI W 6-7 Hill AND Crabtree have career games
@ PHI L 6-8 first real ass whooping of the season, we should be use to it against PHI
vs DET W 7-8 bitter sweet, no winning season..almost blow this one too
@ STL L 7-9 Rams sack Hill all day long, S Jax busts out a long run for the win
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If you look at the schedule 7-9, but that it where the team finished last year and now Singletary gets to couch a full season. So one would assume some improvement, BUT
the talent level really hasn't improved. I say talent hasn't improved as Crabtree won't
make an impact this year. So all that being said I will predict 8-8.

10-6 or 11-5 f**k all you that agree with 6-7 wins you guys ain't real fans!

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jul 30, 2009 at 17:34:28 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
If you split the pick-em games, the Niners have a 7-9 record, which is probably where they will finish the season.

Of course, once someone eventually posts a 'What will the Niners record be in 2009?", more than 80% of the board will have the team at 8-8 or better. The reason I make this statement is that each team's fans always overestimate their team's final record. The same should happen with our board.

The Niners are a year away from team a playoff caliber team.

As usual, I tend to agree with your thoughts MD. But the overall dynamics of the league are such that, IMHO, we're probably just as close to getting into the playoffs this year as we would be next year...not only will the 49ers improve next year, but so will everybody else.

To me, it's not so much the talent, although that's obviously useful, it's the attitude...and I think this team is going to be miles ahead of where it started out last season. This is where the Singletary factor comes in. The team seems to be buying into it, and if they believe then I'm prepared to as well.

Let the games begin!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
10-6 or 11-5 f**k all you that agree with 6-7 wins you guys ain't real fans!

Just because a person is realistic, doesn't make them any less of a fan than the overly optimistic types like yourself. I used to predict 12 wins and up per season back in the 80's and 90's that was realistic back then, just as 7-9 wins is now.
So we win most of our home games and lose all of our road games? Wonder how long it took 'em to come up with that expert analysis.

The over/under on total wins for the Niners this year is 7. I bet a bill two months ago on the over and I would do it again.

If we can cut way down on turnovers at the least we should win 9. That was the primary reason we didn't win 9 games last year.
they can sukk it
Share 49ersWebzone