There are 187 users in the forums

Early Vegas Prediction: Niners 6-8 with 2 as Pick 'Em

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im about to put my life savings on the over.

Our schedule is favorable this year.
Can't really tell how tough the schedule is without knowing how good the other teams will be. St. Louis could be much improved and Seattle could bounce back from injuries. On the other hand, Arizona could tank. Each year everyone assumes that teams will be much like the year before. Most aren't.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
If you split the pick-em games, the Niners have a 7-9 record, which is probably where they will finish the season.

Of course, once someone eventually posts a 'What will the Niners record be in 2009?", more than 80% of the board will have the team at 8-8 or better. The reason I make this statement is that each team's fans always overestimate their team's final record. The same should happen with our board.

The Niners are a year away from team a playoff caliber team.

I agree with you on this one, maybe a wild card if they can get to 9-7.
I think that everybody is overestimating Minnesota and who can say how healthy philly will be that close to the end of the season.
  • ajnbruin
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
Early Vegas Prediction: Niners 6-8 with 2 as Pick 'Em

No rosy future for the Niners in Vegas according to Pro Football Weekly reports which state that Lucky's R&S Book sees the following:

Niners win 6: Seattle here, St. Louis here, Atlanta here, Chicago here, Jacksonville here, and Detroit here.

Niners lose 8: at Arizona, at Minnesota, at Houston, at Indianapolis, Tennessee here, at Green Bay, at Seattle, and at Philadelphia

Niners pik 'em 2: Arizona here, at St. Louis

The only thing that makes Lucky's eyes better than ours is that they are willing to put their money on the line. Perhaps Sing will prove their vision wrong!

Wins in Bold, Losses are underlined. I predict 8-8.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
We will beat Indianapolis! They aren't scary anymore. Manning is a statue in the pocket...if we have a pass rush we will dominate.
If you split the pick-em games, the Niners have a 7-9 record, which is probably where they will finish the season.

Of course, once someone eventually posts a 'What will the Niners record be in 2009?", more than 80% of the board will have the team at 8-8 or better. The reason I make this statement is that each team's fans always overestimate their team's final record. The same should happen with our board.

Could it be argued that they finished 7-9 last year with a tougher schedule? The win % of last year's opponents was higher than the teams being played this year when I added it up, although I could be wrong... While I think they will be severely hindered by the inconsistency at QB, a record greater than 7-9 is certainly attainable.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Could it be argued that they finished 7-9 last year with a tougher schedule? The win % of last year's opponents was higher than the teams being played this year when I added it up, although I could be wrong... While I think they will be severely hindered by the inconsistency at QB, a record greater than 7-9 is certainly attainable.

We have the 6th easiest schedule on paper I think this year.
Good, I'll be there in a few weeks. Gonna have to make some bets. What are the odds on them to win the west, NFC, and superbowl?
Share 49ersWebzone