LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Why do you believe unsubstantiated rumors?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I am sick and tired of how WZ members seem to fly with the latest juicy rumors, without any substantiation and when the sources of the rumors have vested interests in creating sensationalist headlines.

According to the Denver Post, Michael Crabtree is the sole reason why 7/8 of the first round picks have not signed their contracts! According to the DP, everyone is waiting to see what happens with Crabtree.

But HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE!

Frankly, this latest allegation makes no sense whatsoever. It is simply a DP reporter's opinion, and it is being copied and reprinted like it is gospel! Yet it is ridiculous to presume that a rumor that any one player might holdout would result in all players refusing to sign contracts. Football is a business and these players will hurt themselves more than they hurt their teams if they do not sign.

Furthermore, both MM and MB - whom many of you seem to think of as gods when it comes to 49er news - have printed unsubstantiated rumors concerning Crabtree's intent to holdout.

Why don't you all allow Mike Singletary and the 49ers to put the best team together WITHOUT THE ONGOING DISTRACTIONS PROVIDED BY SO-CALLED FANS WHO JUMP ON THE RUMOR BANDWAGON??

These rumors only serve to take the focus of attention away from the players' and coaches' efforts to make us the best possible team in 2009. Real fans will not participate in this rumor-mongering. Real fans want the team to do well.

Please refrain from supporting these rumors. Do not leave comments that stoke the fire of these rumors. Let them die out, like a flame without any oxygen. That is how you can actively support your team.

If Crabtree wants to play then he will sign his contract. If he doesn't want to sign his contract then he will not get to play football. His agent's reputation is secondary. No matter what you may think, agents DO NOT determine the players' careers; they only negotiate contracts.

Additionally, an agent MUST tell the player he represents about any bona fide offers made by the team. So Crabtree will have an opportunity to agree to terms every step of the way; he cannot be sabotaged by a greedy agent.

So let's support our team by not feeding the rumor frenzy.

You really need to chill out. You got a lot of balls coming here and and ranting to us zoners and ripping in to us like that.

I appreciate your comment, but don't you think declaring rumors to be true when you really don't know that they are is counterproductive? Do you really believe that it is good for the team to spread unsubstantiated rumors?

Shhhhhhhh
Who are you talking to, man?

Good question. I am addressing this thread to those who have nothing better to do than to spread rumors, especially rumors that can only hurt our team.

If you're not one of them then this thread is not addressed to you (same goes true for everyone else).

But what have you just done? Going on a website and accusing "fans" of spreading already published rumors? Here's an idea; STOP SPREADING FALSE RUMORS ABOUT FANS SPREADING RUMORS!!! I would think if you were a journalist you would know how the media works. You seem to have a lot to learn
chill people. everyone just nervous and excited about the upcoming season. Just sit back and crank that crabtree..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwyEdC7a4y0
Originally posted by brucesf49:
chill people. everyone just nervous and excited about the upcoming season. Just sit back and crank that crabtree..lol

Is that a new term for fapping?
I bet you don't believe man really walked on the moon either, do you?
I am sick and tired of how WZ members seem to fly with the latest juicy rumors, without any substantiation and when the sources of the rumors have vested interests in creating sensationalist headlines.

According to the Denver Post, Michael Crabtree is the sole reason why 7/8 of the first round picks have not signed their contracts! According to the DP, everyone is waiting to see what happens with Crabtree.

Frankly, this latest allegation makes no sense whatsoever. It is simply a DP reporter's opinion, and it is being copied and reprinted like it is gospel! Yet it is ridiculous to presume that a rumor that any one player might holdout would result in all players refusing to sign contracts. Football is a business and these players will hurt themselves more than they hurt their teams if they do not sign.

Furthermore, both MM and MB - whom many of you seem to think of as gods when it comes to 49er news - have printed unsubstantiated rumors concerning Crabtree's intent to holdout.

Why don't you all allow Mike Singletary and the 49ers to put the best team together WITHOUT THE ONGOING DISTRACTIONS PROVIDED BY SO-CALLED FANS WHO JUMP ON THE RUMOR BANDWAGON??

These rumors only serve to take the focus of attention away from the players' and coaches' efforts to make us the best possible team in 2009. Real fans will not participate in this rumor-mongering. Real fans want the team to do well.

Please refrain from supporting these rumors. Do not leave comments that stoke the fire of these rumors. Let them die out, like a flame without any oxygen. That is how you can actively support your team.

If Crabtree wants to play then he will sign his contract. If he doesn't want to sign his contract then he will not get to play football. His agent's reputation is secondary. No matter what you may think, agents DO NOT determine the players' careers; they only negotiate contracts.

Additionally, an agent MUST tell the player he represents about any bona fide offers made by the team. So Crabtree will have an opportunity to agree to terms every step of the way; he cannot be sabotaged by a greedy agent.

You haven't really grasped the concept of a fan forum, have you? I mean, if we all just post comments like "Sorry, I am not going to comment on that," and "I don't want to talk about anything which might feed a rumour frenzy," it gets a bit dull. Surely, if you really are a journalist, you must understand that it is in the human character to speculate about events and consider possible outcomes. That doesn't mean we believe the rumours. Doesn't mean we don't believe them, either.

As long as we don't post offensive comments and pictures of Jack Nicholson's manboobs, we have every right to discuss the team, what may happen and what may not. Genuinely, who do you think comes here? Do you seriously think MS and the team come here as say "Damn, Niner Talk says that b**ch is holding out so it MUST be true! I am going to let it affect my play." Really! I have met a number of journalists, but you are the most naive and credulous of the lot, if you really are a journo.

Chill out. This is where people come to discuss rumours during the offseason. If you dont like that, dont come here.

How many sources do you want to have before you believe there is a contractual issue. 5? 10? 100?

Surf the web, my friend. The Denver Post is simply one in a mountain of sources. And, I tend to trust the beat writers, who, unlike the majority of guys in the media, are in the loop. They are not going to stake their reputation by creating rumors.

Now, you are correct in stating that it is unreasonable that the entire first round is impacted by Crabtree. The players around him are massively impacted. However, the guys in the late 20's are not impacted at all. They are going to get a similar salary as guys in their slot last year, plus a minor increase.

You are also correct in stating that Crabtree can dictate the terms if he wishes. Parker works for Crabtree, and Michael can end this right away if he wishes. However, players rarely jump into the negotiation. They let the veteran agents work through these issues. Parker is a pro, and is going to get him a better deal than he should. The only question is how much better and at what expense.

P.S. RM- Thanks for the Miller-time moment. It helped take away that ghastly image of Jack Nicholson.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 28, 2009 at 11:24:10 ]
Originally posted by pantstickle:
It makes you sound like one of those crazy hobos on the street screaming about the government putting chips in our brains.

lmao!!! @ hobos
Originally posted by brucesf49:

hehe...I need to get one of those T-Shirts with a Crab and a Tree. funny
Hope, a change we can belive in.
  • Veteran
"Furthermore, both MM and MB - whom many of you seem to think of as gods when it comes to 49er news - have printed unsubstantiated rumors concerning Crabtree's intent to holdout."

1 - Who is MM ?
2 - Who is MB ?
3 - Who is that hot chick is those 3 pics ?

The Last question is the most important.

Originally posted by 4949:
"Furthermore, both MM and MB - whom many of you seem to think of as gods when it comes to 49er news - have printed unsubstantiated rumors concerning Crabtree's intent to holdout."

1 - Who is MM ?
2 - Who is MB ?
3 - Who is that hot chick is those 3 pics ?

The Last question is the most important.

SI Swimsuit model Marissa Miller...yummy!
Share 49ersWebzone