LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 300 users in the forums

Hell must be freezing over...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
GO ALEX!!!!! your young, cheap and talented
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Alex really needs to look perfect to win the starting nod. Otherwise that would be total disrespect to hill. I understand the injuries and everything but still, hill has won with the same people.

he had ted tollner not hos!!!! big difference!!!! and really iv said this too much. smith threw for more yards and more accurately against the steelers than hill did against terrible defenses...... fact. not to mention steelers had the #1 d that year.... iv posted too many links about this, so people can look for themselves

im sure there really worried about the disrespect factor. let the best man win..... imo go smith!!!!!!!! and if hill wins ill be ok with it.

One game examples are not what people are talking about when comparing players. They are comparing overall performance over sevral starts.

It is totaly denial if one can't give Hill credit for thinking on his feet, and making plays. Tollner wasn't out there on the field holding his hands, whispering in his ear..."ok, there is a gap there - run for a first down. Ok, those guys are covered, dump the pass off quickly to your safety valve." Players make those decisions in the heat of the battle, not guys up in the booth.

Tis oh so true. Just like Hostler wasn't out there blocking fatass Rocky Bernard. We know how that panned out don't we.

You know what the funny thing is about your post? You want us to praise Hill for playing with a DUMBED DOWN playbook and thinking fast on his feet, but I bet you'd rather be caught dead in a Mission whorehouse rather than give Smith credit for putting the team on his back and winning games. He thought just as quick as you presume Hill did.

Only the party line here is, "But he wouldn't have had too if he was playing well in the 1st 3/4 of those games." Like the Opposing Defenses were made of paper mache and that Hill woulda cut em to pieces with his lightening quick reflexes and wits.

I'm not detracting what the guy did, I'm just sick and tired of hearing how Hill out performed Smith. When in fact he didn't. Not realistically any way. Pretty sure that if I have Martz sending in dumbed down plays into the huddle I could have done the job just as well as Hill did. I can guarantee that I run the 40 as fast as Hill does. I have a pretty solid 40 yd. arm and when monsters like Rocky Bernard get after me I'll get rid of that ball in a freakin hurry. But that doesn't make me a Starting QB in the NFL.

I know why you guys like Hill, cause you feel connected in some way that that guy coulda been you. Well get the truck over it.

I'll say this yet AGAIN...

Hill is a SOLID Backup QB. Nothing more at this point. And this King authored compliment to Hill should have you Hill guys re-thinking your stances. What more do you guys need to get off Hill's jock, or at least be a bit more tentative about climbing into his bandwagon? Is it me or are we going for collective "I knew it all along..." or what?

Sorry but there is no Sheep running through my veins. I refuse to jump on board because the consensus Peter King is that Hill is better than Smith. I've even shown that King is off his nut. But hey whatever. You wanna swallow what he's strokin, fine by me.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Alex really needs to look perfect to win the starting nod. Otherwise that would be total disrespect to hill. I understand the injuries and everything but still, hill has won with the same people.

he had ted tollner not hos!!!! big difference!!!! and really iv said this too much. smith threw for more yards and more accurately against the steelers than hill did against terrible defenses...... fact. not to mention steelers had the #1 d that year.... iv posted too many links about this, so people can look for themselves

im sure there really worried about the disrespect factor. let the best man win..... imo go smith!!!!!!!! and if hill wins ill be ok with it.

One game examples are not what people are talking about when comparing players. They are comparing overall performance over sevral starts.

It is totaly denial if one can't give Hill credit for thinking on his feet, and making plays. Tollner wasn't out there on the field holding his hands, whispering in his ear..."ok, there is a gap there - run for a first down. Ok, those guys are covered, dump the pass off quickly to your safety valve." Players make those decisions in the heat of the battle, not guys up in the booth.

I don't think anyone is taking away from Hill's improvisational skills. He has that going for him, but I ask you to consider something... Alex does as well, and this was in spite of Nolan hovering over him and demanding that he run the play called, and keep it safe and simple. I point you to the Seattle game, when Alex shrugged off the DB sack attempt, scrambled left and threw a tight pass to Gore at the pylon for a TD. Improvisational... hmmm... hellz yeah. You could just as easily point to the game in AZ for Hill. He considers running... holds up, and Brett-Favre-flicks the ball underhanded and it goes right to a defender for the INT. Ooops... improvisational... doesn't always mean a good thing. It's just been SO long that people's memories get rather fuzzy and because they want to... they forget the good, remember the bad, and exaggerate the heck out of it.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jul 31, 2009 at 04:26:51 ]
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by NormallyWiseman:
Originally posted by mayo63:
The guy has been on IR the last 2 seasons give him a break.

Ok, then how about the years before that? The arm transplant comment is sadly accurate, but more to the point it's the poise in the pocket and ability to "feel" the pressure and even just the game around him. He hasn't shown it other than one or two flashes.

If he doesn't have IT he just doesn't.

What "pocket"?????????????????????????

And what I think you mean by feeling pressure, is the 300lbs D-linemen landing on him.

Fixed

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone