LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

What Can We Expect from Jimmy Raye's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
PRE-SEASON STATS SO FAR - -

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

The stat's pretty amazing given 9ers average a full yard better than the next team (then again, they played against the porous Raiders d-line). I suppose you don't have to pass if you can get 5.3 per carry.

Well, the the red arrow on the NFL.com stat block is a little bit misleading, but we are not actually averaging a full yard more than the next team, the Niners average is actually not even the highest in the NFL this preseason (the highest average per carry at 5.6 belongs, ironically to the Raiders...).

The Niners lead the NFL in Yards per game (that´s where the arrow should be pointing at), at a cool 205,5, about 35 yards per game better than the next best team, the Packers.

I don´t think we can keep that up in the regular season, but it sure looks nice
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

The stat's pretty amazing given 9ers average a full yard better than the next team (then again, they played against the porous Raiders d-line). I suppose you don't have to pass if you can get 5.3 per carry.

Well, the the red arrow on the NFL.com stat block is a little bit misleading, but we are not actually averaging a full yard more than the next team, the Niners average is actually not even the highest in the NFL this preseason (the highest average per carry at 5.6 belongs, ironically to the Raiders...).

The Niners lead the NFL in Yards per game (that´s where the arrow should be pointing at), at a cool 205,5, about 35 yards per game better than the next best team, the Packers.

The Giants led the league last year with 157 per game.

I think it's shaping up into a top 10 running game at worst, maybe top 5.

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

that's great and all but unless we have a passing game to go with the run game. Then we won't stand a chance against great run defensive teams. Just look at Baltimore last year in the playoffs.
I think we will be a more balanced attack then the preseason has shown.
Originally posted by backontop:

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

that's great and all but unless we have a passing game to go with the run game. Then we won't stand a chance against great run defensive teams. Just look at Baltimore last year in the playoffs.

If we can be around the middle of the pack in passing with around 200 ypg passing similar to last year we should be in good shape if we're rushing for 140+.

This is a nice test for Hill Saturday.

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

If we can be around the middle of the pack in passing with around 200 ypg passing similar to last year we should be in good shape if we're rushing for 140+.

Lets hope we are in the middle some where. Oh and lets pray that our defense is in the top 3 Make it happen
I haven't read the whole thread, but here's an interesting video and an indication of what we can expect this year. Jimmy Raye calling the plays with Eric Dickerson as the feature back. That Rams team had a dominating running game.

I love how the player photos look like mug shots.

So, who's gonna be Raye's U-back?

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

I agree, I think it will help now that Hill we be getting all of the first team snaps in practice and in the games.

Alex really killed us in the passing stats the first pre-season game...
I think that with the addition of Tom Rathman and Jimmy Raye, our offense will be one of the top rushing teams in the NFL! Tom Rathman's RBs have consistantly placed in atleast the top 10 rankings year after year. Also, last season Jimmy Raye (NY Jets RB Coach) helped Thomas Jones lead the AFC in rushing.

In my opinion, its the passing offense and pass protection for our QB (Shaun Hill) that I'm worried about! WE MUST PROTECT THE QB!

#1 in Rushing . . .

#32 in Passing . . .

Ah yes, misread the arrow. 35 yards per game better than the next team is not to shabby.

Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I haven't read the whole thread, but here's an interesting video and an indication of what we can expect this year. Jimmy Raye calling the plays with Eric Dickerson as the feature back. That Rams team had a dominating running game.

I love how the player photos look like mug shots.

So, who's gonna be Raye's U-back?

I wonder if he'll have Nedney kick barefoot too.
The power running game.

Let me ask you all, since it has become obvious that this years offense can and will run the ball more often, Is having another WR really a need? I ask this because of Crabtree's holdout. Do we really need him at all? IMO we don't.
Yes we do even if we dont like to admit it, he is our best rcvr.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
The power running game.

Let me ask you all, since it has become obvious that this years offense can and will run the ball more often, Is having another WR really a need? I ask this because of Crabtree's holdout. Do we really need him at all? IMO we don't.

I can't wait until Brandon Jones gets back. Someone who can really burn it upfield.
Running all over the Raider's 32nd ranked run defense didn't prove much and I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. We must have a balanced offense or will get killed by teams with descent running defenses. Our receiving core isn't much different than it was last year and Bruce will probably retire, so yes WE DO need CrabsTree OR another good WR.
Share 49ersWebzone