LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

What Can We Expect from Jimmy Raye's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Back to the topic, it sounds like its gonna be a mix of the 2006 Steelers and last years Ravens. Fysical running game with a few trick plays mixed in, double screens and then going deep on play-action anytime the safeties start to cheat up.

Although Alex would seem like a better fit because of his arm, I'll bet Hill does great since the second he sees a safety bite on the play fake, the ball is gonna be released for Morgan or Jones streaking down the field. Where as Alex could hesitate allowing the safety to recover, and he would just check it down. (based on past experience of course, maybe the new Alex would huck it )
Punts.

Lots of Punts.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by singfan:
I don't even know why you guys are trying to call this "Jimmy Raye's Offense." It became pretty damn clear when Sing couldn't find a decent candidate to come run the offense that he had intentions on influencing how things were going to be handled. Raye was, basically,the last choice. He was the only option. We scooped up a guy that hasn't really called a game since he helped get Marty fired in Washington. Yes, that was a long time ago. He has been sleeping on active duty. He was pension material. Shoot, he was past pension material. So, in short, my expectations for Sing's offense really are not that high. I like having Sing around for pre-game pep talks, not running the offense, the defense, or the team.

so what else should we know since it seems like you were in the meeting, when Singletary decided on Raye? Seriously, what else was talked about?

Still no response?

No link?

So this post was just one of those intended to incite and anger the rest of us without any basis in fact?

One posted despite a warning from a mod to "cool it" in this thread?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Niners-Singletary-being-picky-about-offensive-c?urn=nfl,137280
I don't even know why you guys are trying to call this "Jimmy Raye's Offense." It became pretty damn clear when Sing couldn't find a decent candidate to come run the offense that he had intentions on influencing how things were going to be handled. Raye was, basically,the last choice. He was the only option. We scooped up a guy that hasn't really called a game since he helped get Marty fired in Washington. Yes, that was a long time ago. He has been sleeping on active duty. He was pension material. Shoot, he was past pension material. So, in short, my expectations for Sing's offense really are not that high. I like having Sing around for pre-game pep talks, not running the offense, the defense, or the team.

so what else should we know since it seems like you were in the meeting, when Singletary decided on Raye? Seriously, what else was talked about?

Still no response?

No link?

So this post was just one of those intended to incite and anger the rest of us without any basis in fact?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Niners-Singletary-being-picky-about-offensive-c?urn=nfl,137280

Lol this writter for that artical sounds like he just expects us to fail! We are gonn do more then run run pass every set of downs! I doubt sing will be as predictable as nolan was. Come on man I doubt sing is blind and missed out on what happen while here wit nolan in charge! Raye's offense is very close to norvs in the fact they both run the zampese offense.

That writter is a hater lol

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

South of Bakersfield, North of Long Beach.

So where's the link to the information about what Singletary said in the meeting, per the original request? We don't want some BS rumor or theory.

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

Could you find an article with any more bias and any less fact???

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

dude, you didn't help yourself any...

Quote:
This seems more than merely thoroughness and actually borders on indecision, except for one thing: Singletary doesn't do indecision. He does do picky, and he does do "run the ball," but he knows what he wants based on what he knows.

That's the last line of the article. Now tell me where does it say, with a valid link or anything in print, that says Raye was the basically the last choice (esp. since the article said he interviewed Scott Linehan, Dan Reeves, Jeff Jagodzinski, Rob Chudzinski, Rick Dennison and Clyde Christensen.) Was he really the only/last option or is it more what Singletary wants to run offensively???

BIG, BIG difference....

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

So where's the link to the information about what Singletary said in the meeting, per the original request? We don't want some BS rumor or theory.

Maybe, just maybe, you could first point out where I said there was a "meeting" within my original post. I just do not see it anywhere. If you do find that I indicated that there was a "meeting", if I did write "meeting", then, just maybe, I would feel obligated to provide a link of such meeting. Nice try. This "weed in the flower bed" is well versed on all subjects relating to my 49ers. I know that hurts. That's why I'm #2 in the Niner Talk Super Seven.
The Offense will resemble the way De La Hoya boxed in his prime.

Jab, Jab, Overhand Right, Jab, Jab, Left Hook, Jab, Jab, Gut Shot, Jab, Jab........

Not flash, but very effective. Using the tools he has to the peak of there ability.

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

dude, you didn't help yourself any...

Quote:
This seems more than merely thoroughness and actually borders on indecision, except for one thing: Singletary doesn't do indecision. He does do picky, and he does do "run the ball," but he knows what he wants based on what he knows.

That's the last line of the article. Now tell me where does it say, with a valid link or anything in print, that says Raye was the basically the last choice (esp. since the article said he interviewed Scott Linehan, Dan Reeves, Jeff Jagodzinski, Rob Chudzinski, Rick Dennison and Clyde Christensen.) Was he really the only/last option or is it more what Singletary wants to run offensively???

BIG, BIG difference....

Do we really have to re-hash the whole hiring process of Raye here?

Originally posted by Sactown49er:
The Offense will resemble the way De La Hoya boxed in his prime.

Jab, Jab, Overhand Right, Jab, Jab, Left Hook, Jab, Jab, Gut Shot, Jab, Jab........

Not flash, but very effective. Using the tools he has to the peak of there ability.

This is what I expect as well. Martz took a team built for one thing and tried to force it to do something else. He was forcing a square peg into a round hole. Gore and Davis were completely underutilized, I never saw Walker, and seven step drops everywhere including the red zone was just not the way to get the most out of the players we had. Oh yeah, and JTO was terrible.

I expect Raye AND Singletary to craft our offense around what the team CAN do, in the best possible way.. No more constantly running outside, instead running right down the gut, using Frank and Glen to grind down opposing Defenses. No more using Davis as just a blocker and an occasional deep threat, instead using Davis and Walker on short to medium passes will put the defenses we play on notice. No more strange red zone foul ups that kept us from winning winnable games. Oh, yeah, and we have starter ready Morgan, Jones and Bruce unlike last year, and I expect to see alot of Hill and Crabtree coming in and making plays.

From Matt Maiocco's Twitter after just the first day of TC:

Quote:
My quickie, 49ers thoughts from Day 1: Alex Smith and Shaun Hill already look better than at any point during '08 camp in Martz's offense

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 4, 2009 at 13:49:21 ]
Do we really have to re-hash the whole hiring process of Raye here?

You know what, we don't have to since we all remember what happened... or at least some of us do.

It's your way of saying things that gets everyone riled up, like what you say is "fact" whereas it just an opinion...

It became pretty damn clear when Sing couldn't find a decent candidate to come run the offense that he had intentions on influencing how things were going to be handled. Raye was, basically,the last choice. He was the only option.

really??? Last choice, last option???? Bold word since none of us were there when the actual hiring was done nor are we privy of that "conversation" with whomever decided to hire Raye.

ease up on the "high and mighty" personna like you know more than the next man, singfan.... maybe you do (maybe not) but ease up on how you say things...

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Good God...when did Niner fans become such defeatist pussies?Some of you guys are just freaking ridiculous with your doom and gloom crap.I do not think we are gonna be great this year,but try to have just a little faith...this is getting ridiculous.We haven't played one freaking snap and already some of you are giving up the season for lost.Not one person on this whole forum knows how this year is gonna play out but would it kill you guys to try to believe that we will be at least as good as last year?We got rid of Martz,JTO and Nolan,that should be reason enough to be a little optimistic.

Faith ? Let me ask you..was this the same "faith" you were touting when we ousted Steve Mariucci, cut ties with Jeff Garcia, let Garrison Hearst rot, and turned our back to our best defensive player (JPetterson) ? Was it "faith" when we let Alex Smith ruin what could have been 3 productive years....years that produced a career year for Frank Gore ? Is it "faith" when people like you shout above your lungs at the start of each and every season that the Niners are a FORCE to be reckoned with, and all the naysayers of this world (including former NFL players and critics) that rank our team at the bottom of this league dont know "s**t" about football ?

You may call it "faith", my friend......I call it ignorance. We've seen this movie before. Hiring of a new OC........especially one that does NOT have a proven track record; having a coach that seems to be the real deal, but ends up having a dud; trying to look at the bright side of having Alex Smith and "believing" that one day he may actually learn how to throw a pass.

Its a sad story.........this isnt faith...this is the Niner faithful becoming accustomed to mediocrity. "Faith".................what a joke.

Ignorance is what you just posted.I have been a niner fan for over 30 years and most of them were winning years.What I am not used to is niner fans that give up on the season before the first snap is executed.I didn't like when they got rid of Mooch,he was a great coach.Nor did I approve of the purge that happened following that,but it was a necessary thing or else we would be in cap hell right now.Peterson wanted more money than he was worth,so he went to where he could get it.Alex Smith didn't ruin anything,if you were able to see past ignorant prejudices,you'd know it was Nolan that retarded the progress of the team.I have never predicted this team to be a force to be reckoned with,I unlike some on this site approach the season with a logical outlook.So where are the links for these "experts and former players" that say we are at the bottom of the league,because all the experts I have seen talk about our team are encouraged by the situation of the niners.I think we have gone far enough along this road,your post doesn't hold up to the light of truth or reason.

So back on topic...Hopefully Raye will do what Martz couldn't,and that is get the ball into the hands of our best players at the right times for them to succeed instead of pushing his own personal agenda of throwing the ball from 7 step drops constantly.

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

Maybe, just maybe, you could first point out where I said there was a "meeting" within my original post. I just do not see it anywhere. If you do find that I indicated that there was a "meeting", if I did write "meeting", then, just maybe, I would feel obligated to provide a link of such meeting. Nice try. This "weed in the flower bed" is well versed on all subjects relating to my 49ers. I know that hurts. That's why I'm #2 in the Niner Talk Super Seven.

No, you were asked to provide a basis for your original statement, in which you seemed to indicate that you were there when Singletary interviewed OC candidates, and also there when he decided to hire Raye.

Fact is, you weren't there and have no basis in fact for your statement. You're just stating your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact, and you got called on it.

Still no response?

No link?

Uhh, ohhh. Where's LA?

No, you were asked to provide a basis for your original statement, in which you seemed to indicate that you were there when Singletary interviewed OC candidates, and also there when he decided to hire Raye.

Fact is, you weren't there and have no basis in fact for your statement. You're just stating your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact, and you got called on it.

It is what he does, everyone already knows that.
Share 49ersWebzone