LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

IWAS's Old School 9er pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is the best collection of 49er pics I've seen on this site. I appreciate you taking the time to share these with us.
This thread and pictures.

Thank you, thank you thank you!
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

#64 Dave HOF Wilcox, #70 Charlie Kruger, #32 Mel Phillups, Brodie, #_2 ? , #82 Ted Kwalick, #40 Ken Willard, #76 Len Rhode

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/1973_roster.htm

Looking at the bodies on those old timers, it is safe to say "the game has changed."
Originally posted by Shaj:
that is so awesome, thanks for doing all this work and sharing!!! Now I feel like such a s**tty dad for never taking my kids (esp my son) to a game. I need to at least take him to a training camp. But I know he would be like "ummm....can we go to McDonald's dad?" He's just not into football like I am yet (he's 8 years old).

Anyways, thanks so much bro, you ROCK!!!!!

Dude you got to take 'em to a game at least! I already got my GIRLS into the game with my little one REPRESENTIN'!!

You got to train them young, Shaj!

Kidash, doing it right!
Kidash, doing it right!

Originally posted by zillabeast:
These are just AMAZING, man! I mean, you just come out here and bust out all these pictures of our beloved 49ers straight from your family photo album! This collection has a very real and intimate feel, as though the team itself is part of your family history (which in a way, I suppose it is.)

You ever consider maybe sending these into one of the papers for an editorial on what it was like to live through these events? America is more nostalgic than ever these days for this sort of thing.

Just out of curiosity, did you take any pictures that fateful January day in '82?

No pics from the January. Bummer, I know.

As far as the family history reference; very much so. I consider the highlights from those days as my own "home movies" as my screams and the cheers of my grandparents, great aunt & uncle, my dad, and his firemen buddies (that we sat with), are contributors to those sounds on film at The 'Stick. The great thing is, my dad always heald a radio during games, so all those classic calls by Lon Simmons and Joe Starkey are just as memorable as the visuals.

(I'm convinced I can pick out my 10yr old voice screaming in the crowd.))

BEST. DAY. EVER.

Thanks for ALL the pictures and this. It was my best day ever as a 49er fan and I will never forget how crazy the city was that night, partys everywhere in the city. People were shaking. Anyone who was at the last game at Kezar and the 72 playoff games vs Dallas got pay back on this great day. I have never seen the city so crazy. I really do miss Kezar as I would walk to the games and when they moved to the stick it was just not the same. But all good things do come to an end. The 70 and 72 playoff loss to the cowboys were both in SF and about as low as you could be as a 49er fan, but this one game wiped out all the bad feelings I had. A great day for sure. Thanks again.
whats kinda funny is that Vin Scully did the game on TV. (Dallas vs 49ers Game)
This picture was blown-up to poster-size and framed, so I had to take a photo of that in order to included this pic in this thread, hence the quality. Anyway, this was taken at Kezar the summer of '79.

These are really a breath of fresh air right now.
Great pics man!!! Looks like you grew up at the Stick..........
Thanks man these pics are great especially right now! This is so much better than all the other threads on Niner Talk right now! You got some amazing pictures and memories homie. I wish I got to meet more players when I was a kid. I did get Ronnie Lott's autograph at Pizza & Pipes once but that's about it as a child. This did make me think of my first Niner memory, which was The Catch. I was only 4 years old and don't really remember the play so much but I remember everybody just going crazy when it happened. Also I remember my grandfather just sitting there silent in shock because he couldn't believe we finally beat the Cowboys and were going to the Superbowl. I dont remember this but I'm sure all the fans that are older than me do and I'm always told by my mom(the biggest Niner fan in the family until me and my brother were born)that not only were the Niners bad but they were the joke of the league at the time(so keep the faith we'll turn it around soon). That's why my grandfther was so shocked because i was just that unbelievable. Especially for him he was a fan from the very beginning and endured so many horrible years. I'm glad he saw them win that year and get their first Championship because he never got see our Dynasty. He passed away the following year. He was a giagantic football fan and passed it all to my mom (pops is mexican and didn't grow up with football he grew up with futbol. I was lucky i got both)and then she passed it on to us. I'm so glad I was able to grow up during our glory years. I really do feel lucky now because of what today's kids in the Bay Area have to grow up with. Those memories are some of the best of my life as I'm sure they are for alot you out there. Thanks again!

One of the best posts if the year!

[ Edited by Ramp19Stoner on Oct 14, 2010 at 17:56:59 ]
Originally posted by rigs49:

The United Way handed out this pic at the gate during the holidays one year.

#88 Freddie Solomon, #14 Ray Wersching, #51 Randy Cross, #30 Bill Ring, #77 Bubba Paris, #58 Keena Turner, #22 Dwight Hicks, #85 Mike Wilson

Wow love the pics IWAS. Two things one is Bubba looks thin and two PLEASE pinn this thread. Hands down the thread of the year! Thank your dad for us too.

Eric Wright is in there as well (21).
Official Off-season bump.

Share 49ersWebzone