There are 244 users in the forums

IWAS's Old School 9er pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
post of the year, awesome job and a thanks to you and your dad for the pics.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
These are just AMAZING, man! I mean, you just come out here and bust out all these pictures of our beloved 49ers straight from your family photo album! This collection has a very real and intimate feel, as though the team itself is part of your family history (which in a way, I suppose it is.)

You ever consider maybe sending these into one of the papers for an editorial on what it was like to live through these events? America is more nostalgic than ever these days for this sort of thing.

Just out of curiosity, did you take any pictures that fateful January day in '82?

No pics from the January. Bummer, I know.

As far as the family history reference; very much so. I consider the highlights from those days as my own "home movies" as my screams and the cheers of my grandparents, great aunt & uncle, my dad, and his firemen buddies (that we sat with), are contributors to those sounds on film at The 'Stick. The great thing is, my dad always heald a radio during games, so all those classic calls by Lon Simmons and Joe Starkey are just as memorable as the visuals.

(I'm convinced I can pick out my 10yr old voice screaming in the crowd.))

BEST. DAY. EVER.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Ernie Hughes

MAN U WERE AHEAD OF YOUR TIME!!! IS THAT A BRADY JERSEY??? SWEEEEEET!

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Ernie Hughes

(btw- that's my brother)

Me, Keith Fahnhorst, and my brother.

THEY CALL ME, KEYSTONE! HAHA
you're the man!
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Ernie Hughes

Rofl, you brother was a prophet.

#59, Willie Harper, #57 Frank Nunley

frank "fudgehammer" nunally

Me, Keith Fahnhorst, and my brother.

look how skinny fahnhost looks, especially compared to the o-tackles of today
Those pics are AWESOME! Nice one!

I may try flashing my train ticket at the Wembley game, see if it gets me on the field... :)

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
that is so awesome, thanks for doing all this work and sharing!!! Now I feel like such a s**tty dad for never taking my kids (esp my son) to a game. I need to at least take him to a training camp. But I know he would be like "ummm....can we go to McDonald's dad?" He's just not into football like I am yet (he's 8 years old).

Anyways, thanks so much bro, you ROCK!!!!!
Originally posted by Shaj:
that is so awesome, thanks for doing all this work and sharing!!! Now I feel like such a s**tty dad for never taking my kids (esp my son) to a game. I need to at least take him to a training camp. But I know he would be like "ummm....can we go to McDonald's dad?" He's just not into football like I am yet (he's 8 years old).

I'm sure he'll see your point that you see a better game at home, have cheaper food, and have your own private bathroom when he looks back on his childhood.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm sure he'll see your point that you see a better game at home, have cheaper food, and have your own private bathroom when he looks back on his childhood.

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Shaj done got DISMISSED Yo!
Share 49ersWebzone