LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.

Whatever man. I haven't seen or heard poser used in years.
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.

how does this make sense..........
Originally posted by PTulini:
I say Santa Clara. From everything I've read, the Santa Clara site has better access and availibility to public transit. Although I'm sure that means more to me than most of you! Plus, I understand the 49ers side of it. This site is convenient for them because its right across the street from 49ers HQs, and who knows how long it would take for the 49ers to get a new stadium built in the City of San Francisco? Lets face it, the city hasn't exactly bent of backwacks to help the team! They sure don't seem to care very much. (only when its in their best interest.) They only seem to care about the name, but not the team!

I agree, for all the team has done for the city of SF over the years it's absurd for the city not to be able to get a new stadium done before we're all old and gray. I'd be fine with Santa Clara as long as they keep the SF name.
[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:45 AM ]

I can't speak for everybody... but I want MY team to have a new stadium to showcase to our fans, our players, and our coaches.

San Fran is not getting their sh*t together and ideally I would love them to stay (of course)... BUT... Santa Clara is providing the team the ability to join the rest of the league in the 21st century.

It's not a matter of "who wants the team to move"... it's a matter of they are being forced to move.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I say Santa Clara just because it can actually happen. There is no way the city of SF could make it happen in less than a decade, and even that is wishful thinking.

Exactly. Given that the stick is rated as the second worst venue to watch a game...build a new one in Santa Clara. Keep SF on the side and I am good.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As a native San Franciscan, I pefer they stay in the city, but if not - I don't mind Santa Clara. Just get something done already.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jul 17, 2009 at 7:42 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for linkboy.

Or maybe, just maybe, the people who want the team to move the stadium to Santa Clara (the 49ers are already a Santa Clara business, not a San Francisco business, they file their taxes in Santa Clara) want whats best for the team.

If Santa Clara can get a stadium to the 49ers in 2014 and San Francisco can't until 2020 (latest the Navy thinks they can have Hunter's Point fully cleaned-up and that based on current economic funding), why is it better for the 49ers to wait.

The 49ers need to get out of Candlestick ASAP, that stadium more then likely won't last to 2020. Its foundation is sinking into the Bay and its just plain falling apart. Who knows if it will survive another earthquake on the level of the one that hit in 89.

I want what's best for the 49ers organization, not a bunch of butt-hurt fans, and as of right now, that's Santa Clara. If San Francisco can come up with something better, great, do I expect it to happen, no.
[ Edited by linkboy on Jul 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM ]

Why, because they spend 9 days a year in SF???
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

im staying put staying in SF, it just feels right, even if it is the stick.

• evil
  • Veteran
Dr.John should move the 9ers to Columbus, Dayton or South Bend.
This is a dumb question. A better question would have been SF or LA, or SF or Siberia.

Since the a**hol** who run San Francisco can do nothing better than watch them leave in favor of an at best .500 baseball team, what's wrong with having the stadium closer to the fan base.
I'm for whichever City can get the job done the quickest . . . . obviously at this point that City is Santa Clara.

As far as the pro's and con's of each site (emotions aside), the Santa Clara location is clearly superior in terms of freeway and public transit access.

The 49ers in Santa Clara is an election away from reality.
they just need a new stadium.
The 9ers are my team and, as long the stadium stays generally in the bay area (and outside of Oakland), I really couldn't care less.
Share 49ersWebzone