LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Polling the WZ - San Francisco or Santa Clara?

Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
THE team should not move.. If they do move and the f**king mayor makes them change thier name to SANTA CLARA 49ERS I will DEFICARE my pants

The mayor has no legal ground to prevent the 49ers from using the SF name, its just him blowing smoke.

The fact that there are other teams that play in different cities or states gives the 49ers and NFL legal precedence.

Also, the fact that the city for years has let Quaker use the "San Francsico Treat" slogan with Rice-A-Roni (Quaker is located in Chicago) also lends itself in the 49ers favor.

Even the city does win somehow, it won't make it past the federal level.
Originally posted by linkboy:

Dallas played in Irving, now in Arlington, both NY teams play in Jersey, the Redskins don't play in DC, Buffalo doesn't play in Buffalo.

How can those teams have a team's name and not play in that city or state (don't say history since the Giants and Redskins have more history then the 49ers).

Also, where are they going to build a stadium. Its not that simple. The real estate in SF to build a 70k+ stadium is hard to come by. Its not like there's big giant vacant lots just sitting around the city waiting for a stadium to be built.

If there was, the 49ers would have had a stadium a long time ago

i agree with this
Just to clear this up . . . .

The City of San Francisco does not own a trademark on the name "San Francisco". There's NO WAY they can prevent the usage of the name by a private enterprise, especially one that's been using it for 60+ years, even while officially operating outside the City limits (except for 10-12 days per year) since the early 50's.

City officials can do all the sabre rattling they want . . . so long as they stay in the Bay Area they will be THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS !!!!!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by linkboy:

Dallas played in Irving, now in Arlington, both NY teams play in Jersey, the Redskins don't play in DC, Buffalo doesn't play in Buffalo.

How can those teams have a team's name and not play in that city or state (don't say history since the Giants and Redskins have more history then the 49ers).

Also, where are they going to build a stadium. Its not that simple. The real estate in SF to build a 70k+ stadium is hard to come by. Its not like there's big giant vacant lots just sitting around the city waiting for a stadium to be built.

If there was, the 49ers would have had a stadium a long time ago

i agree with this

I wish they would have built it next to ATT instead of all those apartments...
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
THE team should not move.. If they do move and the f**king mayor makes them change thier name to SANTA CLARA 49ERS I will DEFICARE my pants

-9fA
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.

Originally posted by D_Niner:
Im sorry but anyone who wants the team to move to Santa Clara is a poser fan. PERIOD.

Why, because they spend 9 days a year in SF???

8? We haven't made the playoffs in awhile, and preseason sucks...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jonomax:
If you actually live in the city there's no way you can't vote San Francisco on this one. Have some city pride. Even if Hunter's point isn't the prettiest part of the city (even though it should be much nicer after this construction, and the bay view has lots of natural beauty), it's still MY city and the 49ers should stay in it.

Plus for me, who's a 17 year old senior in high school, who just got season tickets for my first time ($250 for the whole season was a deal I couldn't pass up on), being able to hop on muni for $0.50 an get to the game in 45 minutes or less is invaluable. I don't have the money to pay $25 a game to park.

You can take BART and then a train right to the door step of the SC site for less than that.

Yeah when I go to Warriors games I take bart. It ends up being being a $10, 3 hour round trip extraviganza. I mean I would do that if I had too, but I'd rather keep it in the city.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
As long as they stay in the Bay Area and keep the name "San Francisco", I don't care.

They can move to Morgan Hill or Sunnyvalle for all I care.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
sf politicians aren't worthy of the team.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Anywhere in Bay Area is good for me (except Oakland, obviously) as long as they can get the stadium ready in next 5 years.

Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I say Santa Clara. From everything I've read, the Santa Clara site has better access and availibility to public transit. Although I'm sure that means more to me than most of you! Plus, I understand the 49ers side of it. This site is convenient for them because its right across the street from 49ers HQs, and who knows how long it would take for the 49ers to get a new stadium built in the City of San Francisco? Lets face it, the city hasn't exactly bent of backwacks to help the team! They sure don't seem to care very much. (only when its in their best interest.) They only seem to care about the name, but not the team!

I agree, for all the team has done for the city of SF over the years it's absurd for the city not to be able to get a new stadium done before we're all old and gray. I'd be fine with Santa Clara as long as they keep the SF name.

I agree also!!

Share 49ersWebzone