There are 239 users in the forums

Biggest Concern for the 2009 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest Concern for the 2009 Season

My main concern is

hopefully there won't be to many old geezers in the stadium so we can actually cheer loud for once......

I KEED I KEED
Qb and its not close. at this point we have so much offensive talent on this team that bad qb play will hold us back. before, we didnt have much talent to hold back. but now our collection of talent is quite impressive with morgan, crab, bruce, coffee added to davis, gore, and norris. i feel like our ol is talented enough to keep guys off the qb. now its up to smith and hill to show they can actually win games when it matters.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Qb and its not close. at this point we have so much offensive talent on this team that bad qb play will hold us back. before, we didnt have much talent to hold back. but now our collection of talent is quite impressive with morgan, crab, bruce, coffee added to davis, gore, and norris. i feel like our ol is talented enough to keep guys off the qb. now its up to smith and hill to show they can actually win games when it matters.

I think Hill will be fine this season. That is, if he wins the starting spot. Look at what Hill did last season in 9 games. He wasn't GREAT, but he was better than most people think. Actually, he finished the season ranked 12th in the league with his 87.5 QB rating.
The biggest concern by far is the pass rush IMO. I'm not very confident in Lawson's ability to get after the QB. Lets say he doesn't get it done, then who do we turn to? Harris, J.Moore, Brooks.......????

Lawson's ability to pass rush will play a HUGE part in how successful we are this season.
my biggest concern is that the team will end the season with another f'n losing record
Originally posted by Allx9er:
my biggest concern is that the team will end the season with another f'n losing record

Yeah the past few years have been hard. I have evolved into a fan who nervously watches instead of a boisterous s**t talker I once was.
None of the above.. My biggest concern is stupid Niner Talk topics created by Noobs.
I would think pass rush, that can change so friggin much in a game, as does the QB.
my main concern is how our 3rd string QB is going to be Haurd or Davis
ok guys... IF we dont have an O line its not ganna matter who our QB is so lets start there..No O line = we cant run the ball witch will be the 9er fortay next year. Oh yea not to break anyones heart but we (the 9ers) gave up 55 sacks last year... most int he NFL
1A. Marvel Smith. If he's healthy he could be the offseason addition with the most impact blowing-up the right side with Rachal. If he's not healthy we'll be looking at right tackle de jour and medicore production.

1B. Pass Rush. For all the obvious reasons.

Pass-rush is tops, our defense was torched last year because we gave other teams all kinds of time to throw the ball, our secondary will look way better with a decent pass rush too. second is QB because i think we have enough weapons on offense to make other teams think twice about sending everyone on a blitz so there will be less pressure than there has been in the last few years and both guys can be good in this offense, i think we have guys that can play even if smith goes down, im perfectly fine with bly and brown playing corner, crabtree's foot is a non factor, he is good to go right now, theyre just giving it extra time just in case.
IS marvel smith even that good? u talk about him like he a god on the right side or something
IS marvel smith even that good? u talk about him like he a god on the right side or something
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I disagree.

If Hill starts, I think we'll be just fine. Hill is not the kinda guy who is going to carry the offense on his shoulders, BUT he does have the talent around him to mask some of his shortcomings. If it's Smith, then i would have some doubts.

To answer the question: passrusher.

-9fA
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Will Brett come back or will he remain retired

Share 49ersWebzone