There are 266 users in the forums

Why is Niners gear so ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Shifter:
I am looking through the 49ers.com site for gear...(yeah I know, my first mistake $$) What is the deal with all the ugly gear? From shirts to hats, they all look like crap. And Are the niners using a design school dropout to design for them? the 49ers script all pushed together looks atrocious...Give me the old Quentin font stuff any day. On a side note, didn't we OFFICIALLY change our uniforms and color scheme?? Someone needs to inform Reebok.

Are we Red??Are we Burgundy?? WTF

Most, if not all sports gear, is very ugly. Fans, athletes and sports franchise owners generally have bad taste, the very worst. Actually, most people in the world have bad taste. Only very few people are aesthetically well developed. I study aesthetics.
Originally posted by BurgerBoyRides:
I am looking through the 49ers.com site for gear...(yeah I know, my first mistake $$) What is the deal with all the ugly gear? From shirts to hats, they all look like crap. And Are the niners using a design school dropout to design for them? the 49ers script all pushed together looks atrocious...Give me the old Quentin font stuff any day. On a side note, didn't we OFFICIALLY change our uniforms and color scheme?? Someone needs to inform Reebok.

Most, if not all sports gear, is very ugly. Fans, athletes and sports franchise owners generally have bad taste, the very worst. Actually, most people in the world have bad taste. Only very few people are aesthetically well developed. I study aesthetics.

Compared to what? Context is everything, buddy, and sports gear exists in a universe apart from aesthetics.

Yeah, thats part of the problem, I took Art and Graphic Design in College...bad aesthetics (color coordination, fonts, layouts etc.) ALWAYS drive me crazy...

Another poster said "no one complained in the 80's and 90's"
I think it had nothing to do with winning and losing. in the 80's and early 90's it was basic red,white tan....Only when they started with the fuscia and drop shadows and throwing in Black did it become unappealing...the black just didnt/doesnt look right to me. WE DIDNT HAVE ATROCIOUS GEAR IN THE 80's and 90's...gold lamee jackets aside
[ Edited by Shifter on Jul 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i make niner gear look good
you can find the same designs for every single team, just with their colors and logo on them
[ Edited by RonMexico on Jul 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM ]
I DONT LIKE IT EITHER
niner gear is only ugly to ppl who cant rock it right, you gotta be color coordinated son
Originally posted by DANADA:
our gear is beautiful
LOL...You know what, I really hate to say this, but I nominate us for Ugliest gear in the entire NFL. Dont get me wrong, I bleed red and gold. just not black and burgundy/fuscia...This has been building for a while. I had to finally say something. Pray tell, WHO in the NFL has uglier gear than us. For that matter, who in professional sports??....(wait just thought of the Vikings)....but still

Bengals.
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BrodieFan:

Compared to what? Context is everything, buddy, and sports gear exists in a universe apart from aesthetics.

Yes, and the context evoked by the starter or this thread is the one I am following.

I think if you were to ask 100 aesthetes if they think sportswear is aesthetically pleasing, they will say no. If we agree that persons who spend a large portion of their lives exploring/studying concepts of visual beauty are probably more aesthetically advanced that persons who do not spend a large portion their lives doing said activity, then I think it is fair to say that those 100 aesthetes who find sportswear to be extremely garish, are correct.

In the context of candlestick, on game day, the red and gold becomes beautiful because it achieves a sense of comraderie and community.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by jrg:

Dude? is that your comment? That could be taken as either agreeing OR disagreeing...Is that how you got to 50,bazillion posts my friend?

a noob just burned JRG ...
now we sit and wait...

I AM SOOOO sick of this "noob" crap on here. listen to me son. You have been on this site 6 months.6 MONTHS!! I have been reading and posting here for years. I keep going inactive because of all the idiots on here, to be honest with you. I am not calling YOU and idiot, I am just saying the whole concept of "I have posted a bunch, so I know what I am talking about is RETARDED. A monkey could click on this site 700 times a day, it wouldn't make him any smarter. This site is THE BEST rescource for scheming my precious forty niners, but I am about to quit, AGAIN, because of all the morons on here.
oh if we could all just get along in ninerville

Calling people morons doesn't help your cause....

• BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ghostrider:
our gear is beautiful
LOL...You know what, I really hate to say this, but I nominate us for Ugliest gear in the entire NFL. Dont get me wrong, I bleed red and gold. just not black and burgundy/fuscia...This has been building for a while. I had to finally say something. Pray tell, WHO in the NFL has uglier gear than us. For that matter, who in professional sports??....(wait just thought of the Vikings)....but still

Bengals.

But, I see it as the best nfl gear for that very reason. All nfl gear is totally aesthetically retarded. Basically, nfl sportswear is all about being aesthetically loud and obnoxious.

Niner gear is the most pimpish and obscene (bengals gear is just vile; vikings gear is purple and purple is for rabbits). If you have painted gold and bright crimson red all over you, you are going to stick out like a 1,000 watt neon lightbulb. So, niner gear works, it is massively loud and obnoxious without being vile like bengals gear or purple. Niner gear makes you an nfl fan with really big peackock ass feathers.

Raiders gear is ghetto. If you are rocking raider's gear because you think it is "cool" or hip or stylish, you are a moron or a thug or a wannabe thug. Raider's gear fails to be as obnoxious as niners gear. Packers gear, is pretty obnoxious, but not as obnoxious as niner gear. Same goes for chargers gear and countless other team styles.
I especially hate the hat selection. I wish they had more gear with the old school logo.
What are you talking about, this stuff is bad ass

Originally posted by ghostrider:
our gear is beautiful

Bengals.

But, I see it as the best nfl gear for that very reason. All nfl gear is totally aesthetically retarded. Basically, nfl sportswear is all about being aesthetically loud and obnoxious.

Niner gear is the most pimpish and obscene (bengals gear is just vile; vikings gear is purple and purple is for rabbits). If you have painted gold and bright crimson red all over you, you are going to stick out like a 1,000 watt neon lightbulb. So, niner gear works, it is massively loud and obnoxious without being vile like bengals gear or purple. Niner gear makes you an nfl fan with really big peackock ass feathers.

Raiders gear is ghetto. If you are rocking raider's gear because you think it is "cool" or hip or stylish, you are a moron or a thug or a wannabe thug. Raider's gear fails to be as obnoxious as niners gear. Packers gear, is pretty obnoxious, but not as obnoxious as niner gear. Same goes for chargers gear and countless other team styles.

NOW we are getting somewhere...GREAT POINT (by everyone in this vein) I am looking at the streetwear aspect too much, I guess I like my clothes a little more...resigned..BUT TO FLY THE COLORS IS THE WHOLE POINT. Especially on gameday. I still just dont want 10,000 mega-watt crazed zubaz wearing peacock feathers at the old office the other 349 or so days of the year.
And yes the Bengal and The Vikes are definitely more atrocious, so I rescind the remark about THE WORST
Originally posted by mistersmith:
What are you talking about, this stuff is bad ass

TIGHT WORK mistersmith, tight work.

I REST MY CASE

Actually this stuff isnt terrible, its more the Reebok stuff that's real foul.
check out gear for the other sports...its decent compared to Reeboks crap
[ Edited by Shifter on Jul 12, 2009 at 6:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone