LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Crabtree Ready to Roll!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by underatedskillz:
crabtree the next Rashaun Woods. great in college but will be a bust in the pro's and please dont compare him to the great jerry rice, cause its a straight insult to our great legend. let me be the first to say this. but i never liked the pick crabtree sucks untill he can work his magic in the pro's like in his college days.

Great first post. Welcome to the zone.
  • underatedskillz
  • Info N/A
HEY THANKS IM GLAD YOU AGREE WITH ME MY FRIEND
Call me the typical paranoid 9'er fan, baptized in the fire of all those early losing seasons and guys like Joe Thomas, but I'm worried we're making way too much of Crabtree. He looks good on tape, that's a given, but he hasn't played against NFL caliber competition yet. We all know how so many "God's gift" receivers out of college crash and burn at the next level. I'm as excited to see what the guy can do as the next fan, but let's temper the adulation a bit and see what ensues. He's lost a lot of time already and he's not yet signed, so that could mean additional delay in his development, so '09 may be just a taste of what we may have here. It may be more realistic to look forward to seeing what the other receivers on our roster bring to the table, at least for training camp, the preseason and the first part of the regular season. Then, maybe, LOOKOUT!
Great to hear. I can't wait to see this kid a 100% and on the field. It still amazes me to this day that he fell that far.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Call me the typical paranoid 9'er fan, baptized in the fire of all those early losing seasons and guys like Joe Thomas, but I'm worried we're making way too much of Crabtree. He looks good on tape, that's a given, but he hasn't played against NFL caliber competition yet. We all know how so many "God's gift" receivers out of college crash and burn at the next level. I'm as excited to see what the guy can do as the next fan, but let's temper the adulation a bit and see what ensues. He's lost a lot of time already and he's not yet signed, so that could mean additional delay in his development, so '09 may be just a taste of what we may have here. It may be more realistic to look forward to seeing what the other receivers on our roster bring to the table, at least for training camp, the preseason and the first part of the regular season. Then, maybe, LOOKOUT!

Im all about tempering expectations, because we have all seen our share of draft busts, but I cant blame anyone (including myself) to be excited about this guy. To call him a bust (like other ppl have) is just plain ignorant just the same as it would be to annoint him the next Rice.
I am not expecting too much from Crabtree this year. Some good points were already made (Contract signing, rehab, etc.) about his being behind the 'curve' and his having to catch up. The one thing that comes to mind is that very rarely does a rookie WR make a huge impact during his debut. I agree with most of you that when we do get to see him begin to adapt to the Pro level (around mid season), then we will see that "WOW" thing in his limited role. I am one that is also jazzed about Crab falling to us at 10. The rest of the expectations are based on allot of 'ifs'. I expect most of the 'ifs' to come true in 2010. It has been a very long time since Our Beloved Team has gotten any kind of break. P.Willis was more than expected, F.Gore was as well, and We are still waiting for V.Davis. Go Niners!!
  • TimmyChang
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

and Jason Hill in the slot!!!!!

.... maybe
[ Edited by TimmyChang on Jul 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM ]
crabtree the next Rashaun Woods. great in college but will be a bust in the pro's and please dont compare him to the great jerry rice, cause its a straight insult to our great legend. let me be the first to say this. but i never liked the pick crabtree sucks untill he can work his magic in the pro's like in his college days.

the only bust in this topic is your post. 2 posts and i can already tell youre the rashaun woods of this forum.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm less concerned about his injury and more concerned about his signability.

Expect a protracted, bloody negotiation, which will only delay his already-behind preparation for the NFL.

Crabtree's first year of impact will be 2010. He is not going to make a major mark in this league this season.

I hope you are wrong MD. If recent history is any indication, he'll be signed the morning of the first day of camp. Once all the other top 10 pciks start signing, Crabtree will have to follow suit. No doubt he will want top 5 money, thinking he would have gone in the top 5 had he not been injured. In the end I think he will accept a little less than he thinks he deserves in exchange for a 4 year deal instead of a 5 year deal.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Michael Crabtree, WR SF

News: At the NFL Rookie Symposium in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 49ers rookie WR Michael Crabtree told CBSSports.com in an exclusive interview that the foot he had a stress fracture in back in February won't keep him from being ready for the start of training camp. "The foot is great," Crabtree said when asked how his offseason has been. "I'm ready. I'm running and everything."

Analysis: Crabtree added that he hasn't yet practiced with the 49ers' quarterbacks but likes how they've been competing thus far. Crabtree has been making strides in his rehab since the draft, including running in individual drills with the coaching staff, so the stress fracture might not be a huge issue for him by the time the season starts. Crabtree has immense talent and should eventually add a great dimension to the 49ers' passing game.

We love the fit long-term, but can't help but be cautious for 2009 simply because he's a rookie receiver coming off an injury, and those players tend to struggle in their first NFL season. The cagey Crabtree should be more beneficial in PPR leagues than standard formats, but still fall in as a middle- to late-round pick this summer as a good reserve Fantasy option. He's got a shot at 40 catches and five touchdowns. He's worth a middle-round pick in dynasty/keeper leagues as well as a Top-5 pick in rookie-only drafts.
Courtesy of NFL.com

We still should have drafted DHB

good one!

he was running full sprints with the team in June........until Singletary told him to sit out and made him cry....I mean tear up.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

the only bust in this topic is your post. 2 posts and i can already tell youre the rashaun woods of this forum.

I can't wait to see him and Morgan on the field running routes at the same time! I think Crabtree will have an okay season....for a rookie. He might be a starter by week 11 or 12. Bruce will be on his way out.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm less concerned about his injury and more concerned about his signability.

Expect a protracted, bloody negotiation, which will only delay his already-behind preparation for the NFL.

Crabtree's first year of impact will be 2010. He is not going to make a major mark in this league this season.

I hope you are wrong MD. If recent history is any indication, he'll be signed the morning of the first day of camp. Once all the other top 10 pciks start signing, Crabtree will have to follow suit. No doubt he will want top 5 money, thinking he would have gone in the top 5 had he not been injured. In the end I think he will accept a little less than he thinks he deserves in exchange for a 4 year deal instead of a 5 year deal.

I don't think he'll hold out, but i do agree that his impact will be negligible in 09.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good to hear, im sure the team will be careful that he doesen't over do it in TC. It may be almost impossible for him to beat out Josh Morgan but I do see Crabs starting the season as our 3rd or 4th WR and I think he will start making a big impact around week 5 on and possibly end up starting before the season is over.

Im excited about the future starting WR duo of Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree.

Me too and I am sure everyone else who's a fan of our beloved team. I think that Crabtree will be eased into the practice field, getting more looks as he learns the routes especially at Split-end and Slot. I can see him going up against the second or third CB. I can see him developing as our go to guy on third down and TD options.

His receptions will not be that much, but they will be "wow" yards, IMO. He just has that "it". I can't wait to see it in person in TC and in his first NFL game even though it is preseason. IMO, preseason will be a place where he can really accelerate his growth in the system. He already is a natural at the position, but his hands separate him from everyone else.

All the QBs have to do is throw in his general vicinity and watch the show!

Go 49ers!

Dont forget Jason Hill guys, we could be set at receiver for the next ten years, i think he played extremely well last season and i dotn remember see him have a drop.
Share 49ersWebzone