There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we let Crabtree return kicks??

If it wasn't for Rossum this question would be a no brainer. I watched Crabtree return kicks his freshman year at Tech and the guy is a playmaker.
absolutely not!
Why does nobody like Rossum?

It should be Rossum and Sheets returning kicks.
Rossum is still awesome... why have anyone else return kicks....
Awesome Rossum!
Originally posted by King49er:
absolutely not!
I swear some fans just have to hate on every player on the team even Rossum. He showed how valueble he is when he was injured. The field position game was dramatically reduced and we had crappy starting field position
NNNOOO! I think it would take away from his potential as a receiver. I'm sure Rossum will have an adequate backup to help with these duties. Think of Devin Hester, except vice versa.
Originally posted by Apples:
Why does nobody like Rossum?

It should be Rossum and Sheets returning kicks.

I still haven't figured that out it's probably b/c he doesn't have a great 40 time or b/c he's kinda old. Last tiem I checked he was getting the job done.
Originally posted by backontop:
I swear some fans just have to hate on every player on the team even Rossum. He showed how valueble he is when he was injured. The field position game was dramatically reduced and we had crappy starting field position

Rossum is awesome.

What I don't get is why Reggie Smith hasn't even been given a shot in camp to return kicks or punts. He did it in school...

...which brings me to the general MIA-ness of Reggie Smith. Dude was supposed to be a playmaker, no?
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by King49er:
absolutely not!

He will have enough on his plate
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by backontop:

Rossum is awesome.

What I don't get is why Reggie Smith hasn't even been given a shot in camp to return kicks or punts. He did it in school...

...which brings me to the general MIA-ness of Reggie Smith. Dude was supposed to be a playmaker, no?

Wasn't he a late 2nd day pick???
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
If it wasn't for Rossum this question would be a no brainer. I watched Crabtree return kicks his freshman year at Tech and the guy is a playmaker.

No freaking way! He's too expensive to return kicks and risk injury. Besides, I wouldn't want him getting hurt and missing any oppurtunity to get NFL WR experience. Rossum is still great in my opinion. If Raye doesn't find a way to get Delanie Walker and VD both on the field at the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing Delanie return some. He looks good returning.
Settle down guys. I gave props to Rossum in the opening post.
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
Settle down guys. I gave props to Rossum in the opening post.

yea but the question is why replace him with Crabtree? The only reason why you would ask is if you were not satisfied with his ability to return kicks last year