LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

How Alex Smith Compares to Terry Bradshaw

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
And now we're comparing Alex Smith to Terry Bradshaw...

I think it's time for me to hibernate until week 1, I can't take this anymore.

What is wrong with that?They were both first picks,and they both started out slow on bad teams?I remember Cosell calling him the #1 bust prior to doing an interview with him,but he turned it around.I know that you guys that hate Smith know more than everyone else that thinks that he can turn it around,so sweet dreams see ya when the season starts.

You know who else started out s**tty?

David Klinger
Tim Couch
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Alex Smith is more likely to turn into one of those guys than into Terry F*cking Bradshaw, gimme a break.
I hope he turns into him, i just dont see the comparison at all.
I love this argument by the way. It doesn't actually argue based on Alex's skills, but based on how s**tty he has played!
There's a serious fault in this logic...

Just because Terry sucked early on dose not mean Alex will ever be any good...
Fun fact:

Bradshaw's 1st 3 games he was sacked for a saftey.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jul 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM ]
I love this argument by the way. It doesn't actually argue based on Alex's skills, but based on how s**tty he has played!

omg
Originally posted by Joecool:

He does have a strong arm.

This is getting lame.
All I'm trying to say is that Terry Bradshaw is a perfect example for how Alex could rebuild his career with the 49ers!

What is wrong with that?They were both first picks,and they both started out slow on bad teams?I remember Cosell calling him the #1 bust prior to doing an interview with him,but he turned it around.I know that you guys that hate Smith know more than everyone else that thinks that he can turn it around,so sweet dreams see ya when the season starts.

David Klinger
Tim Couch
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Alex Smith is more likely to turn into one of those guys than into Terry F*cking Bradshaw, gimme a break.

I never said he would turn into Bradshaw,hell I didn't even say it was likely,so don't try to twist my words son.My point is that you guys always bashing him are just being shortsighted if you think it is impossible for him to turn it around.Give yourself a break.
Hey, don't you know? These guys have extrasensory powers. They can see the future!

David Klinger
Tim Couch
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

I never said he would turn into Bradshaw,hell I didn't even say it was likely,so don't try to twist my words son.My point is that you guys always bashing him are just being shortsighted if you think it is impossible for him to turn it around.Give yourself a break.

Calling him a bust after his rookie season would be shortsighted.

But after 4 years of sub-par play and injuries, I think it's safe to call him a bust.
Originally posted by PTulini:
All I'm trying to say is that Terry Bradshaw is a perfect example for how Alex could rebuild his career with the 49ers!

But why stop at Bradshaw? I could show how Steve Young sucked in the beginning of his career and then turned one of the best QB's ever; or, we could go the Joe Montana route...

The point is that Alex is not Terry, Steve, or Joe. He is Alex. If he turns out to be great then awesome. If he continues down his current path though...
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Hey, don't you know? These guys have extrasensory powers. They can see the future!

Yes we do.... Here's a prediction for ya... If you continue down your current path (70% warning), you will not be here long enough to see Vet status.

Share 49ersWebzone