LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Gore and Coffee: The San Francisco 49ers NEW Dynamic Duo!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • hopeforniners
  • Info N/A
I dont think Coffee looked that good last yesterday. His average is misleading. It was 4.8 yards per run primarily due to the two long runs.
Frank & Beans !!!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hopeforniners:
I dont think Coffee looked that good last yesterday. His average is misleading. It was 4.8 yards per run primarily due to the two long runs.

So he shouldn't have run those two big runs?
Originally posted by crzy:

So he shouldn't have run those two big runs?

I think he means that he'd like to see more consistency.

-9fA
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Every RB has big runs which inflate their YPC. Come on
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d811e8502/Pre-WK-1-Glen-Coffee-highlights
He needs to take a couple hard shots in the middle. Runs too upright. Love his determination and desire tho.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Frank And Beans will be an exciting combo for the next few years....

I came up with a nickname for Coffee while I was at the game last night: "Ground Coffee".

WOOOT.
Don't forget about the lightning!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Every RB has big runs which inflate their YPC. Come on

exactly, i beleive when Gore had his awesome year he had over 20 runs that were over 20 yards. i could be wrong but it was around 20 if not more. all RB's break a long one off every once in a while so it will have an effect on their average but u cant take that away from them, they still got the yards didnt they?

I'm REALLY excited about the possibilites for a triple threat combination of Gore, Coffee, and Sheets!
  • samuraigeorge71
  • Info N/A
Roger Craig was drafted in 83. Seeing his first preseason game anyone could see he had some crazy skills and really stood out. Same for Ricky Watters. You new right away the 49ers drafted a special running back. I was hoping history would repeat itself when they used their 3rd pick on a RB this year. What I saw last night in Glenn Coffee is a strictly north south runner which is a dime a dozen in the NFL. He wasn't bad at all but nothing special.
Originally posted by samuraigeorge71:
Roger Craig was drafted in 83. Seeing his first preseason game anyone could see he had some crazy skills and really stood out. Same for Ricky Watters. You new right away the 49ers drafted a special running back. I was hoping history would repeat itself when they used their 3rd pick on a RB this year. What I saw last night in Glenn Coffee is a strictly north south runner which is a dime a dozen in the NFL. He wasn't bad at all but nothing special.

Geez dude, It was only 1 game!
**ATTENTION MODS** Can these two threads be merged together into a general RBs thread?

Glen Coffee vs. Kory Sheets Video Thread
Originally posted by PTulini:
**ATTENTION MODS** Can these two threads be merged together into a general RBs thread?

Glen Coffee vs. Kory Sheets Video Thread

Isn't this about the new dynamic duo? Sheets and Coffee aren't the dynamic duo.
Share 49ersWebzone