There are 198 users in the forums

Crabtree the Cure for Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I found this little clip of Crabtree's acceptance speech for his 2007 Biletnikoff Award. He comes across as being very humble and his family seems nice too. I think the "diva" label from Eric Mangini was a ploy to have him drop down to the Jets, who probably would've taken him if it weren't for Sanchez.

I don't see any outward signs of arrogance or cockiness. He is obviously confident in his abilities, which is great, but he's been saying the right things about doing the best for the team. And I was impressed at his brush-off at the draft when Deion asked him if being selected second upset him. Hopefully, his NFL talent is off-the-charts like they were in college.
Alexcuses thread

maybe this year he turns over a new Leaf

Originally posted by billybonka:
Alexcuses thread

Originally posted by billybonka:
Alexcuses thread

Hahahaha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

The cure for Alex Leaf is the Arena football League. I guess you have to be an idiot not to get that spread option QB's dont fit in the NFL. Look for Graham Harrell(if he even can get anybody to sign him) and Chase Daniels to have HOF Careers
Originally posted by 49er4eva:
The cure for Alex Leaf is the Arena football League. I guess you have to be an idiot not to get that spread option QB's dont fit in the NFL. Look for Graham Harrell(if he even can get anybody to sign him) and Chase Daniels to have HOF Careers

I guess it does take a rocket scientist to understand the game of football and the fact that the man you are calling Alex Leaf has been injured 2 of the 4 seasons on which you are judging him on.
Originally posted by backontop:

I guess it does take a rocket scientist to understand the game of football and the fact that the man you are calling Alex Leaf has been injured 2 of the 4 seasons on which you are judging him on.

and those two seasons that he played......he showed what?

what he showed me was interceptions, bad decisions, bad pocket presence, terrible accuracy, slow release and I could go on and on.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

what he showed me was interceptions, bad decisions, bad pocket presence, terrible accuracy, slow release and I could go on and on.

Really cause what I saw was a horrible offensive line. He showed progress under Norv Turner in his second year then in year 3 and 4 he was injured. In year 3 he was picked to have a break out year. And I would bet you were all over his nuts drooling over them and fondling them in your mind. Then Tuner went to the Chargers and we were left with a nightmare of an OC. He was injured the next 2 years. But yup your right he sure does remind me of Leaf

Really cause what I saw was a horrible offensive line. He showed progress under Norv Turner in his second year then in year 3 and 4 he was injured. In year 3 he was picked to have a break out year. And I would bet you were all over his nuts drooling over them and fondling them in your mind. Then Tuner went to the Chargers and we were left with a nightmare of an OC. He was injured the next 2 years. But yup your right he sure does remind me of Leaf

Really? I saw Tim Rattay in the same offense and had 7 TDS and 7 INTS before being traded. Nobody was expecting Alex Leaf to be a super star his first season, but 1TD 11INTS 11F is deplorable. If we had a team like the Bucs had in the '70's I could agree with you, but we did not.

Its not hard to progress from the above stats. Also it was all GORE in 2006 buddy. Without him and having say like an average RB like Rudy Johnson we would have been 2-14. I did not see the ability to lead a team. Lots of deer in headlight looks til this day. Hill had the same team in performed better

Really? I saw Tim Rattay in the same offense and had 7 TDS and 7 INTS before being traded. Nobody was expecting Alex Leaf to be a super star his first season, but 1TD 11INTS 11F is deplorable. If we had a team like the Bucs had in the '70's I could agree with you, but we did not.

Its not hard to progress from the above stats. Also it was all GORE in 2006 buddy. Without him and having say like an average RB like Rudy Johnson we would have been 2-14. I did not see the ability to lead a team. Lots of deer in headlight looks til this day. Hill had the same team in performed better

Why are you bringing up Frank Gore when Alex SMITH!!!! is being discussed? Did someone claim that SMITH!! was the reason for the mediocre success in 2006??? So by your words you agree that Smith did progress. Hill perfomed better?? when in the 2008 season after Singletary took over. Everything was simplified so EVERYONE! on the team performed better. The OLine didn't give up as many sacks due to the change in the offensive play calling. Smith could have done the same thing if he was healthy. Hate all you want but IF Smith is given the starting job and IF he starts to perfom up to his potential I would assume it would be a safe bet that you would be one of the first ones to magically change your opinion and begine jocking Smith just like you did in 06

I think if anyone can find a cure for Alex Smith, they should rush it over to Leaf and Carr ASAP

Why are you bringing up Frank Gore when Alex SMITH!!!! is being discussed? Did someone claim that SMITH!! was the reason for the mediocre success in 2006??? So by your words you agree that Smith did progress. Hill perfomed better?? when in the 2008 season after Singletary took over. Everything was simplified so EVERYONE! on the team performed better. The OLine didn't give up as many sacks due to the change in the offensive play calling. Smith could have done the same thing if he was healthy. Hate all you want but IF Smith is given the starting job and IF he starts to perfom up to his potential I would assume it would be a safe bet that you would be one of the first ones to magically change your opinion and begine jocking Smith just like you did in 06

That statement right there just tells me you are delusional. Oh yeah I really jocked a 16TD 16 INT performance. I never heard of this bust until the draft. Honestly not too many people know Alex Leaf outside 49er world. Its always who was that QB you drafted years ago. What happened to him.

I brought up Gore because you people continue to act like Leaf did so great in 2006. Like I said how can you not do better than 1TD 11INTS 11F, You cant do much worse that than.

That statement right there just tells me you are delusional. Oh yeah I really jocked a 16TD 16 INT performance. I never heard of this bust until the draft. Honestly not too many people know Alex Leaf outside 49er world. Its always who was that QB you drafted years ago. What happened to him.

I brought up Gore because you people continue to act like Leaf did so great in 2006. Like I said how can you not do better than 1TD 11INTS 11F, You cant do much worse that than.

Ahh yes because I am realistic I am automatically dilusional You must have been the only "fan" that was calling for Smith's head during each of those 7 wins. Yes it was only 7 wins but it was better than being 0-16. All you haters sit here and act like being an NFL QB is so easy yet I don't see any of you on any NFL teams.
Anyone who seriously tries to compare Alex Smith to Ryan Leaf is an idiot. Only the simplest mind could find equivalency between these two players. Let's see, are they both #1 picks? NO. Are they both bounced off the team that drafted them in shame? NO. Do they both have character problems? NO. Do they both have problems with the law? NO.

Duh.... I know, I know, they're both NFL QB's who haven't played as well as we thought they could.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Anyone who seriously tries to compare Alex Smith to Ryan Leaf is an idiot. Only the simplest mind could find equivalency between these two players. Let's see, are they both #1 picks? NO. Are they both bounced off the team that drafted them in shame? NO. Do they both have character problems? NO. Do they both have problems with the law? NO.

Duh.... I know, I know, they're both NFL QB's who haven't played as well as we thought they could.

that explains this strange comparison that is spreading through so called 49er fans on this beautiful website known as the zone
Share 49ersWebzone