LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Crabtree the Cure for Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Actually, the sacks after Sing took over didn't reduce by much because we were down to our 3rd string tackle, Simms.
I can't believe I wasted 85 dollars on an Alex Smith jersey when he was drafted.

I wore it like twice, and I really thought that people would stop supporting him.

i figure that the people who support him blindly have some sort of man crush on him.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I can't believe I wasted 85 dollars on an Alex Smith jersey when he was drafted.

I wore it like twice, and I really thought that people would stop supporting him.

i figure that the people who support him blindly have some sort of man crush on him.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
http://profootball.scout.com/2/687001.html

Quote:
1. Alex Smith (20.4 percent) - What happened to the 49ers wide receivers? After posting the third-least drops in the league last year, they've been killing Smith and the San Francisco offense by dropping 11 out of 54 catchable throws. They're making Seattle's league-worst 12.5 percent from last year look good. Seven different receivers have drops so far, with running back Frank Gore leading the group with 3 drops in just four games. Smith separated his shoulder last weekend, so veteran Trent Dilfer gets his chance to see if the receivers can catch his tosses any better.

alexcuses alexcuses alexcuses.

Got any more? Will you guys keep ignoring the fact that Smith still can't lead a reciever on a route consistentl? Or that he has major accuracy issues, before and after his injury? That he has an extremely slow release? that he has bad pocket presence? I could go on all day, but you still would pull out an ALEXCUSE out of your ass.

I love how the haters like to call FACTS!!! alexuces. It is amazing how hatred can make someone blind to reality
I love how he says it like 4 times and you still manage to misspell it.

Those 'facts' are the same things Alex sackriders say over and over again when coming to his rescue.

Nolan, injuries, number of offensive coordinators, "But but but he's a standup kid!" etc.

All Alexcuses for one of the biggest jokes in the NFL.

Misspelled it? I wasn't aware that it was an actual word with correct spelling. Can you please provide me the link in Websters dictionary to where the correct spelling is located so I can study up on my spelling of fictitional words made up on internet forums. Well out the these so called ALEXuces/ALEXcuses you listed I see 2 legitimate FACTS. He was injured for the past 2 years so I don't see how he can be expected to show improvement when he was still recovering from an injury. Also the fact that he learned more offenses in a few years then most QB's learn in a career. As for Nolan and being a stand up guy, neither of those really have a tole on his performance. But hey keep sipping that hateraid its only a matter of time till hater fans turn into raider fans.
Facts, whatever. Still Alexcuses to salvage what little he's done. But hey, keep on getting mad at the internets.

dude its not funny. the thing is rotting in my closet.

Sorry to hear that man. I co-own a Niner bar frequented by many fans here in San Diego. It's seriously the only jersey banned from our establishment lol.

Sorry to hear that man. I co-own a Niner bar frequented by many fans here in San Diego. It's seriously the only jersey banned from our establishment lol.

lol thats f**ked up. dude you are seriously damn good at owning people in arguements on this site. lol

lol thats f**ked up. dude you are seriously damn good at owning people in arguements on this site. lol
That's really not my intention, but it is what it is.

When we first drafted him, sure I liked the guy. As an overall #1 pick 'qb of the future', who didn't? Anyone denying that is kidding themselves as the future looked good.

Enter 2009.

He hasn't shown me anything to warrant any value on this team as a roster spot. Serviceable backup at best.

Offtopic, It was my initial idea to ban his jersey from the bar - but it was supported by the 70-80 fans that show up every Sunday. No arguments, no big deal.
[ Edited by billybonka on Jul 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM ]

When we first drafted him, sure I liked the guy. As an overall #1 pick 'qb of the future', who didn't? Anyone denying that is kidding themselves as the future looked good.

Enter 20009.

He hasn't shown me anything to warrant any value on this team as a roster spot. Serviceable backup at best.

Offtopic, It was my initial idea to ban his jersey from the bar - but it was supported by the 70-80 fans that show up every Sunday. No arguments, no big deal.

See I agree with you completely.

You can't support a guy because of what HE COULD HAVE DONE. You gotta look what he has done, regardless of what the circumstances.

Shaun Hill, no matter what the circumstances, played well when he got the chance, and deserves the starting spot.

The only reason there is a competition is because the organization doesn't want to basically just come out and admit that they made a mistake on the pick. And, anyways, releasing Smith would have used up more money as opposed to restructuring his contract, which we did.
This is my first post in about a year so I had to start a new account... I think Crabtree is going to be a really, Really good NFL receiver for the Niners. Personally, I think he is going to be a great receiver and we will be very happy he was picked with our 1st round pick. I live in Oklahoma so Texas Tech is on our radar since we play each year and this kid is scary. He was injured when we played so he didn't do much but he sure did tear everybody else up!

Originally posted by brhokla:
This is my first post in about a year so I had to start a new account... I think Crabtree is going to be a really, Really good NFL receiver for the Niners. Personally, I think he is going to be a great receiver and we will be very happy he was picked with our 1st round pick. I live in Oklahoma so Texas Tech is on our radar since we play each year and this kid is scary. He was injured when we played so he didn't do much but he sure did tear everybody else up!

I agree with you and Welcome to the zone.
JUST SAY NO TO SPREAD OPTION QB'S IN THE NFL

Originally posted by brhokla:
nice take.

welcome

Enter 20009.

See I agree with you completely.

You can't support a guy because of what HE COULD HAVE DONE. You gotta look what he has done, regardless of what the circumstances.

Shaun Hill, no matter what the circumstances, played well when he got the chance, and deserves the starting spot.

The only reason there is a competition is because the organization doesn't want to basically just come out and admit that they made a mistake on the pick. And, anyways, releasing Smith would have used up more money as opposed to restructuring his contract, which we did.

well said. +1
If Alex has any type of success this season, it won't be because of Crabtree. Having Crabtree around doesn't hurt, but he isn't going to solve ALL of Alex's problems.
Share 49ersWebzone