LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

What makes a "TRUE" 49ers fan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is a topic I am glad to post under.

There are a lot of people on this board that spout nonsense and think that because they are a member of this forum that they are a true 49ers fan. My family has had season tickets since 1952. Thats right my mom sat and watched (as a kid) in Kezar stadium as the 49ers faced teams coached by Vince Lambardi and other greats and I have a game used signed ball (the entire team) from the 1981 team. But does this make me a 49er fan....

No. What makes me 49er fan is paying $2000 a year for season tickets just to give them away to my family because I travel constantly for work. What makes me a fan is finding a bar, a website, an electronic store window with the game on no matter were in the world I am. What makes me a fan is knowing every single year that we have a shot at a championship, not because I am crazy, but because WE ARE THE 49ERS!!!!!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by NASTYNATE22:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I often see the charge of "your not a real fan" aimed at posters who make negative or derogatory comments about certain players or the quality of team play, etc. I think that is way off base and that anybody who takes the time to go a web page devoted to the Niners and read up and comment on them MUST be a 49er fan.

If you disagree, tell me how YOU determine who is or who is not a "true 49ers fan."

A.) A "true" fan is someone who...

B.) Someone who is "not a true fan" is someone who...

A true 49er fan doesn't start threads like this one. A true 49er fan is comfortable in thier fanhood and doesn't bother trying to measure up nor do they care where others stand.

could not agree with you more. Bro

What a coincidence, I don't give a crap what either of you think.

Awww, are we a little sensative? You asked for my opinion and you got it. Get over it.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Jul 2, 2009 at 6:47 AM ]
  • impresso25
  • Info N/A
Your stool must be equal parts Red and Gold to be a true fan.

This is the stupidest question ever posted on this site, by the way.
[ Edited by impresso25 on Jul 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM ]
Someone who is not a "true" 49er fan is someone who thinks it is ok for the Cowboys to beat the Packers
Originally posted by NASTYNATE22:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I often see the charge of "your not a real fan" aimed at posters who make negative or derogatory comments about certain players or the quality of team play, etc. I think that is way off base and that anybody who takes the time to go a web page devoted to the Niners and read up and comment on them MUST be a 49er fan.

If you disagree, tell me how YOU determine who is or who is not a "true 49ers fan."

A.) A "true" fan is someone who...

B.) Someone who is "not a true fan" is someone who...

A true 49er fan doesn't start threads like this one. A true 49er fan is comfortable in thier fanhood and doesn't bother trying to measure up nor do they care where others stand.

could not agree with you more. Bro

What a coincidence, I don't give a crap what either of you think.
obviously you do if you are still responding. dont turn this into a pi$$in contest. we all show our support in different ways. my personally i have a tattoo thats on my back that says "49ers" it takes the whole lower of my back. so i always have my team on.
I think a true fan is some one who takes time to follow up on the team they cheer for. In their minds there is not another team they would switch to. They would cheer even if the odds are stacked against them. And always think of how the team can get better. I know there are "true" fans in here and its the reason why i come here to read threads and news. After a span of losing that we have had it there can only be true fans in here!
It's said that "fan" is short for "fanatic" and I gotta say, many of you definitely fall into that category. It's not a bad thing, just makes me feel a little inadequate, aside from my penis post earlier in this thread. I've been a fan for 45 years, through thick and thin, and felt longevity alone would qualify me, but I pale in comparison..... I am humbled! Being a fan takes many forms and many levels and whether we agree or not, what matters is what you feel about your team and not what others think of you.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
It's said that "fan" is short for "fanatic" and I gotta say, many of you definitely fall into that category. It's not a bad thing, just makes me feel a little inadequate, aside from my penis post earlier in this thread. I've been a fan for 45 years, through thick and thin, and felt longevity alone would qualify me, but I pale in comparison..... I am humbled! Being a fan takes many forms and many levels and whether we agree or not, what matters is what you feel about your team and not what others think of you.

"Being a fan takes many forms and many levels and whether we agree or not, what matters is what you feel about your team and not what others think of you."

Exactly!

Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by Apples:
Anybody who cheers for them.

Brodiefan has warned us about you.

LOL, oh really? What did he say? I'm interested.

Apples, don't waste your time. You could spend the next 8 hours pouring over posts and you'll never find any mention of you personally by me. I think you're a knowledgeable poster. For all I know, some of these posters are checking in from the common area computer at their mental institution.

Hey Mods,

Following "Oscar's" explanation of warning one member who posts something that could get another member warned or banned, how is a comment like the one bolded, one that could clearly offend and/or irritate, not a warnable offense? It could lead to another fan responding inappropriately so what gives?

Please don't take offense Brodie, I'm merely using your potentially irritating comment as an example. I'm sure there are thousands of them in this forum that I could choose from, most of which I'm sure the poster was not warned about.

I think you know the answer already. Warnings are handed out based on a set of rules which are interpreted and enforced differently by each and every mod on the board. Then you take their individual interpretation and depending on their mood, you might get a warning, you might get a LOL, you might get a similarly inappropriate comment or you might just be ignored altogether.

The only sure fire warnings or bans seem to come from posting XXX rated pictures or continuously causing fights or insult to others in the forums.
Originally posted by midwest9er:
...After a span of losing that we have had it there can only be true fans in here!

Exactly. That is why I don't understand some folks saying others are not "true fans" because of comments they've made.

Originally posted by BigRon:
Someone who is not a "true" 49er fan is someone who thinks it is ok for the Cowboys to beat the Packers

It is if our playoff hopes depend on it.
names they're kids joe, and jerry.
  • calicrabniner
  • Info N/A
A true niner fan is an individual who seeks out all news and information on their team, someone who fights tooth and nail over something they believe in, someone who rides the highs of victory and stomachs the heartache and nausea of loss, someone who will embarass themselves defending something most people would not. A true niner fan looks forward to everything positive and try's to brush off the negative, a true fan sit's through the entire 4th quarter even though down 24 pts still wishing and hoping for a comeback even though it's not happening, a true fan shows back up the following sunday optimistic after the previous weeks embarassing loss, I love the forty niners and I've patiently watched and waited since our last superbowl victory over the chargers, enduring painful season after season, wanting to throw up from the amount of stress they cause me, it's like a being in love with a women who cheats on you every time and you still love and covet her, That is my opinion of what a true niner fan is, someone loyal all the time during the highs and lows.
you are a true 49ers fan only if you own:

2 pairs of 9ers socks
1 pajama
and of course the most important of all
da runt da dunts
If the 49ers are your favorite team, you follow them, and you think you are a true fan, then you are.
Share 49ersWebzone