There are 176 users in the forums

What makes a "TRUE" 49ers fan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you watched more than 5 Niner games in the 2004 season then you are a TRUE fan.

I'm not saying that's the only way to be a true fan, but that gets you in for sure.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
names they're kids joe, and jerry.

I you believe that you are a true fan, then you are. F*ck off to anyone who says otherwise. Their opinion doesn't mean jack on this.
A true fan would root for their team all day, every day over any other team, no matter what happens; From the day they became a fan to the end of time. Through good and bad, their team is still THEIR team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by mullintrax:
I consider myself a prety Die hard fan as many on this site do... I check The Zone maybe two three times a day at home(or as my wife says hours a day ) and even more times on my phone.

What i think is funny is that on this site unless you have a bunch of red boxes or you are apperantly lesser of a fan,uneducated and your opinion matters less somehow.

I have been a member for over three years and have less than 400 posts. I don't say much and i don't post smiley faces and s**t just to get a few posts a day.

If you are a member of this site you must be a pretty big fan.......Or why would you post here just to be told your wrong, uninformed, spelled something wrong or forgot a period.

Sorry about the soap box, long day at work last night....If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and I'll by a fellow Niner fan a beer!!!!

Yeah, I'd say the vast majority of us have received the same flamings by the know-it-alls and post nazis. Consider it a rite of passage.

If I'm ever in Vegas I'll take you up on that beer!

They just opened up a new Niners bar right by my house so I know just where to take you
  • Marioland49erFan
  • Info N/A
A true niner fan can't take this long ass offseason! If ur fiening for a niner game right now ur a true niner fan.
I consider myself a prety Die hard fan as many on this site do... I check The Zone maybe two three times a day at home(or as my wife says hours a day ) and even more times on my phone.

What i think is funny is that on this site unless you have a bunch of red boxes or you are apperantly lesser of a fan,uneducated and your opinion matters less somehow.

I have been a member for over three years and have less than 400 posts. I don't say much and i don't post smiley faces and s**t just to get a few posts a day.

If you are a member of this site you must be a pretty big fan.......Or why would you post here just to be told your wrong, uninformed, spelled something wrong or forgot a period.

Sorry about the soap box, long day at work last night....If you are ever in Vegas hit me up and I'll by a fellow Niner fan a beer!!!!

Yeah, I'd say the vast majority of us have received the same flamings by the know-it-alls and post nazis. Consider it a rite of passage.

If I'm ever in Vegas I'll take you up on that beer!

They just opened up a new Niners bar right by my house so I know just where to take you

btw...are you a recording engineer or a hunter? (mullintrax?)
I'd say this is getting pretty dang close to "not a true fan" territory:

Originally posted by singfan:
"Tough minded football" sure sounds good, doesn't it? It's a phrase that people will buy into right away without stopping to actually consider what the hell it means. Sing comes in here and throws around phrases like that and "physical with an F" in order to create buy-in. He's a motivational speaker, He's going to say what he thinks you need to hear. What you need to do is pay attention to his actual football moves. When you dispense with all the hot air, you're going to find that he hasn't done one impressive thing yet. His hires have been borderline atrocious. His handling of the recent OTA's was over the top ridiculous.

"Tough minded football", wow, what team doesn't want to be tough? Seriously, this is the NFL. Being tough is a basic requirement of NFL existence, it's not a unique philosophy that Sing just invented. "Tough minded football" is just a smokescreen that provides cover for absolute organizational randomness.

Not a single game played and he is crapping all over Singletary and the organization already.

Hope you enjoy eating your crow or will you just crawl back under that rock you came out from as soon as they start winning?

"Tough minded football" sure sounds good, doesn't it? It's a phrase that people will buy into right away without stopping to actually consider what the hell it means. Sing comes in here and throws around phrases like that and "physical with an F" in order to create buy-in. He's a motivational speaker, He's going to say what he thinks you need to hear. What you need to do is pay attention to his actual football moves. When you dispense with all the hot air, you're going to find that he hasn't done one impressive thing yet. His hires have been borderline atrocious. His handling of the recent OTA's was over the top ridiculous.

"Tough minded football", wow, what team doesn't want to be tough? Seriously, this is the NFL. Being tough is a basic requirement of NFL existence, it's not a unique philosophy that Sing just invented. "Tough minded football" is just a smokescreen that provides cover for absolute organizational randomness.

Not a single game played and he is crapping all over Singletary and the organization already.

Hope you enjoy eating your crow or will you just crawl back under that rock you came out from as soon as they start winning?

BRAVO Singfan...MS is nothing but smoke and mirrors to mask his gross incompetence....as if the entire NFL never heard of "tough minded football." What a "revolutionary" concept -- I guess the other teams aren't tough?

Unfortunately, that and a grassy hill is the best you're going to get from MS since he has absolutely nothing else to offer. He could've said anything and the supporters would've latched onto it for dear life. They continue to dangle from his every word and phrase.

SFA, we have both repeatedly stated that we look forward to being wrong and eating crow so we can't wait. We want MS to prove us wrong. I've stated dozens of times in this forum that I will be one of the first fans here praising MS if he proves me wrong so what more do you want from us? We think he was a horrible choice for HC but look foward to him shocking the world and proving us wrong. How much more fair and balanced can we possibly be?

I certainly haven't seen anything even remotely close to this fair and objective position from the diehard MS supporters who routinely depart from basic common sense and reality in their never-ending quest of perpetual support as they refuse to even acknowledge that he might've been the wrong choice.
[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 3, 2009 at 11:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Sabrason:

BRAVO Singfan...MS is nothing but smoke and mirrors to mask his gross incompetence....

I certainly haven't seen anything even remotely close to this fair and objective position from the diehard MS supporters who routinely depart from basic common sense and reality in their never-ending quest of perpetual support as they refuse to even acknowledge that he might've been the wrong choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw&feature=related

Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by Apples:
Anybody who cheers for them.

Brodiefan has warned us about you.

LOL, oh really? What did he say? I'm interested.

Apples, don't waste your time. You could spend the next 8 hours pouring over posts and you'll never find any mention of you personally by me. I think you're a knowledgeable poster. For all I know, some of these posters are checking in from the common area computer at their mental institution.

Hey Mods,

Following "Oscar's" explanation of warning one member who posts something that could get another member warned or banned, how is a comment like the one bolded, one that could clearly offend and/or irritate, not a warnable offense? It could lead to another fan responding inappropriately so what gives?

Please don't take offense Brodie, I'm merely using your potentially irritating comment as an example. I'm sure there are thousands of them in this forum that I could choose from, most of which I'm sure the poster was not warned about.

I think you know the answer already. Warnings are handed out based on a set of rules which are interpreted and enforced differently by each and every mod on the board. Then you take their individual interpretation and depending on their mood, you might get a warning, you might get a LOL, you might get a similarly inappropriate comment or you might just be ignored altogether.

The only sure fire warnings or bans seem to come from posting XXX rated pictures or continuously causing fights or insult to others in the forums.

On this point I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, varying interpretations of rules depending on their mood results in the inconsistent, selective and/or incorrect application of rules that many fans have discussed here over the years.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
names they're kids joe, and jerry.

Now that is a true fan!
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Jul 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM ]

BRAVO Singfan...MS is nothing but smoke and mirrors to mask his gross incompetence....as if the entire NFL never heard of "tough minded football." What a "revolutionary" concept -- I guess the other teams aren't tough?

Unfortunately, that and a grassy hill is the best you're going to get from MS since he has absolutely nothing else to offer. He could've said anything and the supporters would've latched onto it for dear life. They continue to dangle from his every word and phrase.

SFA, we have both repeatedly stated that we look forward to being wrong and eating crow so we can't wait. We want MS to prove us wrong. I've stated dozens of times in this forum that I will be one of the first fans here praising MS if he proves me wrong so what more do you want from us? We think he was a horrible choice for HC but look foward to him shocking the world and proving us wrong. How much more fair and balanced can we possibly be?

I sure hope MS can come out and prove all the nay-sayers wrong. It's not about one player, or the coach, it's about the team. The team that we all sit on this board because we love. I just want to win again, damnit! LETS GO! NINERS BABY!!!
All I ever hear from you so called fans are negative gestures about every player on the 9er squad. I hate alex smith, I hate shaun hill. I hate vernon davis, I hate nate clements. Singletary isn't a good coach, jimmy raye sucks. Why don't you just find another interest or find another team. I have a nice gesture for you all, just shut up.
nice rant
Share 49ersWebzone