LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore overrated??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Frank Gore overrated??

• 49ersPERU
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AKfanster:
No, no he isn't. IMO, he doesn't get enough respect from most "experts".

OUR PLAYER HAVE NOT RESPECT ... BECOUSE WE DONĀ“T HAVE A WINNING SEASON ... IF WE GO TO THE PLAY OFF ...THEN WE GET RESPECT AND THE PLAYER GET RATING...
  • Mex49
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Give Gore a real OL and IMO he will lead the league in rushing.... No back hits the hole like gore!

exactly. look what he did when we had larry allen and healthy jennings... 1695 yards?? over 2,000 all purpose??? come on... top 5 for sure..

Can imagine what would happen if we had a credible passing game to keep Defenses honest
In my opinion, If you put Frank Gore behind the Minnesota Vikings offensive line, he is just as effective as Adrian Peterson!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
How many backs have rushed for over 4,000 yards the last 4 years?? That's how I see it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
top 10
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How many backs have rushed for over 4,000 yards the last 4 years?? That's how I see it.

Now add in the total yards from scrimmage.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

So you'd put Thomas Jones above Frank because he has more yards over the past 4 years?

What about Larry Johnson?

Jamal Lewis even outrushed Gore over the past 2 seasons.

Willie Parker also has more rushing yards than Gore over the past 4 seasons.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The biggest problem with Gore is he doesn't finish off long runs and he doesn't have nose for the end zone, he also fumbles to much.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:

So you'd put Thomas Jones above Frank because he has more yards over the past 4 years?

I didn't say where I would put Frank Gore, but if I were to rate them, that's how I would see it. There are a few backs in this league who have out-rushed Gore, and if someone would take the time to lay it all out, again that's how I would see it. BTW, you act like those were chumps you were comparing Gore to.
Originally posted by susweel:
The biggest problem with Gore is he doesn't finish off long runs and he doesn't have nose for the end zone, he also fumbles to much.

That's a big problem lol. I think the o-line will be better this year with the continuity and some time to gel. He also has a true HB to spell him now which helps quite a bit. SOme of the pressure will be off but he will be excited to play now to show the young rook a thing or 3. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by krizay:

I think total yards and yards per carry should weigh in a lot.

We have been a team that has been coming from behind a lot and the total number of carries changes during those times. How many times does Gore get 25+ touches, not as often as most.
Originally posted by Thizz415:

He is top 5.

Look at his production since starting and playing with average talent around him and accounting for a good chunk of the 49ers offense.

I second that.

I smell Silver an Black burning in the background.

~Ceadder
Rushing title this season, bank on it
Share 49ersWebzone