Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Frank Gore overrated??

This thread is overrated.
Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner
Ladanian Tomlinson
DeAngelo Williams
Frank Gore

2009 Prediction: 1300 rushing yards, 400 recieving yards 9 total tds.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by krizay:
How many backs have rushed for over 4,000 yards the last 4 years?? That's how I see it.

So you'd put Thomas Jones above Frank because he has more yards over the past 4 years?

What about Larry Johnson?

Jamal Lewis even outrushed Gore over the past 2 seasons.

Willie Parker also has more rushing yards than Gore over the past 4 seasons.

I didn't say where I would put Frank Gore, but if I were to rate them, that's how I would see it. There are a few backs in this league who have out-rushed Gore, and if someone would take the time to lay it all out, again that's how I would see it. BTW, you act like those were chumps you were comparing Gore to.

While these guys may not be chumps. Their names (with the exception of maybe LJ) would never sniff the top 10 let alone top 5 RB list on this board.

Gore 4,441
westy 4,103
LT 5861
Steve Jax 4,618
Portis 4788
Thomas Jones 4976
LJ 4972
Jamal 4,344
FWP 4,803
mcgahee 4,115
edge 4,401
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM ]
Gore isn't top 5, I'd say def top 10 though
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
How many backs have rushed for over 4,000 yards the last 4 years?? That's how I see it.

So you'd put Thomas Jones above Frank because he has more yards over the past 4 years?

What about Larry Johnson?

Jamal Lewis even outrushed Gore over the past 2 seasons.

Willie Parker also has more rushing yards than Gore over the past 4 seasons.

I didn't say where I would put Frank Gore, but if I were to rate them, that's how I would see it. There are a few backs in this league who have out-rushed Gore, and if someone would take the time to lay it all out, again that's how I would see it. BTW, you act like those were chumps you were comparing Gore to.

While these guys may not be chumps. Their names (with the exception of maybe LJ) would never sniff the top 10 let alone top 5 RB list on this board.

Gore 4,441
westy 4,103
LT 5861
Steve Jax 4,618
Portis 4788
Thomas Jones 4976
LJ 4972
Jamal 4,344
FWP 4,803
mcgahee 4,115
edge 4,401

Well there you go, I had L. Lewis, Portis, Jackson, Tomlinson and Jones in my top 10, but I don't matter of course. Its just a matter of who is ranking them and how they're ranking them. I don't rank them to how popular they have been to the media, DeAngelo Williams comes to mind, but what they have done the past few years on a consistent basis.
Originally posted by susweel:
The biggest problem with Gore is he doesn't finish off long runs and he doesn't have nose for the end zone, he also fumbles too much.

Between OC Jimmy Raye and RB Coach Tom Rathman, I have a good feeling that problem will be fixed! Remember, Bill Walsh didn't like it when Rathman had trouble handling the football as a rookie. That problem was fixed quickly. I think Tom Rathman is the same way now as a coach!

I predict that this year Frank Gore will statistically have his best year as a pro.
[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM ]
Gore > Jacobs
2-10

it's

1. Adrian Peterson
2. everyone else.
Originally posted by Thizz415:

He is top 5.

Look at his production since starting and playing with average talent around him and accounting for a good chunk of the 49ers offense.

agreed, footballfreak49 is an idiot. We need to get some of these haters off of the zone...
Share 49ersWebzone